List Mgmt. 2024 List Management Part 2 šŸ“ƒ

Remove this Banner Ad

To be honest Iā€™m a layman with an interest in these things, Iā€™ll need to read the study (I am genuinely interested) because otherwise Iā€™ll just be talking out of my ass

But my initial thoughts based on nothing over than anecdotes of other athletes I know of that have injured their spleens with varying severities

Iā€™ll get back to you, good chat
Okay, Wickzki - so:
Petracca's injury was a Grade 5 spleen injury, which is described as "either a shattered spleen or complete devascularization of the entire spleen"

What you referenced does state that the spleen typically heals from injury in a similar timeframe, regardless of the extent of the injury - but right under that it states that return to play decisions are difficult in professional athletes without sufficient data to support extended recovery. So it is absolutely typical that a BSI would have a timeframe like this, I did say 16-20 weeks of extreme inactivity and what you linked seems to support that. It's only been 9 weeks since his injury.

Beyond that, Matthew Lloyd had a period of 204 days between his BSI and returning to play at AFL level. So I feel 20 weeks (140 days) plus an 8 week conditioning block on the back of it (56 days) is probably pretty typical, which would mean Petracca could be finishing up a running program as teams start their pre-season and would be fit and firing on all cylinders by mid November.

The appendix is only a small compounding factor but I can't imagine going under general again plus having your abdominal wall opened up once more (though this would be considerably smaller) would be beneficial to recovery.

I really don't think his recovery is anything to be concerned with at this point

I think the thoughts on ā€˜star powerā€™ on this board is wildly overratedā€¦

We have 2 stars!
We've got 5 and a half.
Cripps, Charlie, H, Weiters, Walsh and TDK
100% agree: you start the list and I will add to it, donā€™t hold back!
Delist:
Marchy
Cunners
Martin
S. Durdin
Mirkov
Akuei
M Carroll

Trade:
Owies

Possible trade:
J Carroll
Kennedy
Binns

Coaches from other teams have worked us out. Outside run & gut running in waves getting the ball quickly to their fowards is the plan to beat us. We are slow with our transition and our defence is our nemesis. We need more outside run. Wilson is coming along nicely but will take time. What about inquiring about Houston? Despite every Blues supporter knowing our defence deficiencies, I can't understand why our LM never identified this at last year's draft or free agency period. We are crying out for a decent 198ā€”200cm KPD to assist Weitering.. News that Hawthorn are into both Barass AND Battle baffles me why we haven't made approaches to these two players. We need a competent kpd now,. If we take a kpd through the draft it's going to take several years before he shows anything. Thank you for putting up will my LM frustrations.

Players don't walk out on the CFC, they're comfortable being comfortable

Spot on.
The Country Club environments at Carlton and Essendon have long been the favoured landing spots of footyā€™s conditional types.
Both clubs are league wide laughing stocks who offer terrific remuneration for all employees in return for minimal, if any accountability or success ā€¦

Coaches from other teams have worked us out. Outside run & gut running in waves getting the ball quickly to their fowards is the plan to beat us. We are slow with our transition and our defence is our nemesis. We need more outside run. Wilson is coming along nicely but will take time. What about inquiring about Houston? Despite every Blues supporter knowing our defence deficiencies, I can't understand why our LM never identified this at last year's draft or free agency period. We are crying out for a decent 198ā€”200cm KPD to assist Weitering.. News that Hawthorn are into both Barass AND Battle baffles me why we haven't made approaches to these two players. We need a competent kpd now,. If we take a kpd through the draft it's going to take several years before he shows anything. Thank you for putting up will my LM frustrations.

Current LM seems to have reverted to a wishlist from the head coach - one would hope Austin is there to take a longer view

I believe it is because everyone is saying we have no Salary Cap space to buy them.

Some of the melts in here are hilarious. The club played in a prelim last year and was sitting 2nd on the ladder until injuries and bad form hit.

To suggest we're still a laughing stock or the equivalent of the 7000+ day Bombers is looneyville type stuff. We'll be back next year and be taking it up to teams pushing deep for finals again. If we can sort out our high performance stuff and shuffle a few of the traffic cones on our list we'll be as good a shot as anyone.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Some of the melts in here are hilarious. The club played in a prelim last year and was sitting 2nd on the ladder until injuries and bad form hit.

To suggest we're still a laughing stock or the equivalent of the 7000+ day Bombers is looneyville type stuff. We'll be back next year and be taking it up to teams pushing deep for finals again. If we can sort out our high performance stuff and shuffle a few of the traffic cones on our list we'll be as good a shot as anyone.
How is it Looneyville? One year can be an outlier, the last 20+ years would show we are a terrible modern sporting organisation.

We only made the prelim off of a 12 game span, Jack Russell should have been canned, we are very rarely ahead and quite reactive in our decision making. Since 2000 the only thing we have claimed are some beautiful looking wooden spoons for our collection, 5 if I recall correctly but happy to be proven wrong

True but that form late last year has become more the exception than the rule. We were 2nd, so what happened? We have since won 1 of 6 games and only won 7 of 23 quarters since 1/4 time of GWS game

The fall has been dramatic and serious questions need to be asked

How is it Looneyville? One year can be an outlier, the last 20+ years would show we are a terrible modern sporting organisation.

We only made the prelim off of a 12 game span, Jack Russell should have been canned, we are very rarely ahead and quite reactive in our decision making. Since 2000 the only thing we have claimed are some beautiful looking wooden spoons for our collection, 5 if I recall correctly but happy to be proven wrong
Do you honestly believe our club is looked at as some sort of joke organisation since Voss, Cook and Sayers took over? If you do I think that says more about you than anything else. We've had 2 'bad' losses this year and the rest of the games we've been in up to our eyeballs fighting tooth and nail to win.

End of the day we have a limited list in terms of flexibility and the worst injury management in the league, we all knew this going into this year and something should have been done in the off season but it wasn't.

The core of our club are still combatant as anything and try their guts out every week, we're not like the Bombers who just roll over and die every time the going gets tough.

List changes and better off field support for the group is what we need. Not to burn the place to the ground because we're angry we bottled our end to the season.

True but that form late last year has become more the exception than the rule. We were 2nd, so what happened? We have since won 1 of 6 games and only won 7 of 23 quarters since 1/4 time of GWS game

With the build up of sore bodies and injuries a few weeks ago maybe we should've taken a hit and rested 6-8 of those players for a week or 2 and freshened them up to guarantee we'd be okay and fresh to tackle our last 4 games of which 3 we'd have a high chance of winning.

Do you honestly believe our club is looked at as some sort of joke organisation since Voss, Cook and Sayers took over? If you do I think that says more about you than anything else. We've had 2 'bad' losses this year and the rest of the games we've been in up to our eyeballs fighting tooth and nail to win.

End of the day we have a limited list in terms of flexibility and the worst injury management in the league, we all knew this going into this year and something should have been done in the off season but it wasn't.

The core of our club are still combatant as anything and try their guts out every week, we're not like the Bombers who just roll over and die every time the going gets tough.

List changes and better off field support for the group is what we need. Not to burn the place to the ground because we're angry we bottled our end to the season.
"something should have been done in the off season but it wasn't"

I'll leave that quote with you. Because if I'm looking from the outside and saw that we didn't change tact in that department, I'd be laughing.

I honestly do reckon our club is still a joke yes, and it kills me. Off field we run gimmicks to suck the supporters in and get pumped up, rather than letting the on field stuff do the speaking. And when you have opposition coming out after a win, and Iā€™m paraphrasing ā€˜we know they donā€™t work hard in the 4thā€™ what does that say about opposition sides respecting us. You have to demand respect in this league, and we havenā€™t and still play off being successful when blokes were punching darts and were plumbers on the side

The fall has been dramatic but we've been exposed at exactly how we all thought we could be. Teams stacking pacey half forwards and bringing all their numbers up around the ball and burning us on the way back.

The responsibility now lies on Austin to address that hole in our list this off season or risk wasting one of the best assortments of talents in the league.

"something should have been done in the off season but it wasn't"

I'll leave that quote with you. Because if I'm looking from the outside and saw that we didn't change tact in that department, I'd be laughing.
Club took a gamble on an array of injury prone list cloggers to finally get their bodies right and it didn't come off.

Pies took a gamble on going again and picking up Schultz last off season... It didn't come off... Are they a joke club because of that?

What the hell are you doing on here with logic like that ?? :)

As I said in an earlier post - good clubs don't panic in situations like this.

We tried a method and game plan and it hasn't worked - too taxing on the players and we've hit the wall.

We go back and tweak the plan, get some players to suit the new plan. If the game style is the right one we may even have the players to carry it out already (minus the injury prone brigade).

I honestly do reckon our club is still a joke yes, and it kills me. Off field we run gimmicks to suck the supporters in and get pumped up, rather than letting the one field stuff do the speaking. And when you have opposition coming out after a win, and Iā€™m paraphrasing ā€˜we know they donā€™t work hard in the 4thā€™ what does that say about opposition sides respecting us. You have to demand respect in this league, and we havenā€™t and still play off being successful when blokes were punching darts and plumbers on the side
'we know they donā€™t work hard in the 4thā€™ that's so very Mitchell and Hawthorn, mind games at its finest. I'd love for that to be taped on the locker room walls for the remainder of the season because that's more inspirational than "we'll get to work" or "find the best version of ourselves".

Agree we need to focus 99% of energies in the short term on on-field and departments relating to such. The extra gimmicks are great when you have sustained success, but what members and supporters would appreciate more is on field results and healthy, happy, in-synch players playing consistent football then a meet and greet whatever.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 List Management Part 2 šŸ“ƒ

Remove this Banner Ad

Back