List Mgmt. 2024 List Management Part 2 šŸ“ƒ

Remove this Banner Ad

Owies has kicked 32 goals this year. You want to trade him out for Rosas who can't get a game at Gold Coast?

Owies plays mainly as a lead up forward, kicking his goals from set shots.
The lanes he fills are sometimes Curnows/McKays and hopefully next season, Kemps/Moirs.
We lack a faster, dangerous crumber in the mould of Rosas, Konstanty etc to more balance the forward line.
Maybe that can be Motlop but he looks to lack a yard of real pace.
Owies is solid but doesnā€™t make defences nervous.
His goal return this season makes it the perfect time to sell and bring in a piece we need at reasonable cost.
Sell high = Owies
Buy low = Rosas, Konstanty or the like ā€¦

The lanes he fills are sometimes Curnows/McKays and hopefully next season, Kemps/Moirs.
We lack a faster, dangerous crumber in the mould of Rosas, Konstanty etc to more balance the forward line.
His goal return this season makes it the perfect time to sell and bring in a piece we need at reasonable cost.
Sell high = Owies

Durdin showed yesterday what we've been missing for much of the season.
Hopefully he can get his body right and have a good pre-season.

Durdin showed yesterday what we've been missing for much of the season.
Hopefully he can get his body right and have a good pre-season.

Durdin is a player.
Quick, clever and courageous.
Was so pleased to see him given time further afield yesterday.
Adds a real point of difference to our midfield whilst being able to spend time forward and hit the scoreboard šŸ‘

Anyone interested in Shai Bolton?

25, contracted BUT Tigers are looking for picks. Cost our first rounder minimum

He looks to me now he is cruising BUT he has enourmous talent and is the "type" we need. Can play as a dynamic small forward and also excel in the middle. Has the X factor we need and still young

Add him to Charlie, McKay, Kemp, Motlop, Williams plus his midfield work. IMO game changer
He and his mrs are excepting their 2nd child soon and all family is in Wa

Our five oldest players are: N Newman (32 next year), S Docherty (31), A Saad (31), Z Williams (30), M McGovern (30), add delistings of Marchbank and S.Durdin...
For me, one of the key foci for next year is to draft a developing KPD, plus depth / cover via smart trade or FA.
I also like the Trac rumour as I think it would be irresponsible for us to not meet him (if that was the case), and if there was some way of getting him without selling the farm that would be great, but I'd rather us investing in drafts for the future as I think there's a strong group of players from Cripps down, then Weitering etc down.
Just me..
And Cripps will be 30 come round 1. We really don't want to be getting older. I'd consider Parker simply because we could use the leadership in the forward line (I've moved on from the Breust dream), but that's about it in terms of veterans. No idea what people think a 32-33 year old Nick Haynes is going to do for us...unless it's a Marchbank/Durdin cover role. In which case why would he move for less money and limited opportunity?

Petracca will be 29 when he next pulls on a boot with another five seasons on mammoth coin. Add the multiple first round picks and or top tier player and the risk is simply too high.

No idea what people think a 32-33 year old Nick Haynes is going to do for us...unless it's a Marchbank/Durdin cover role. In which case why would he move for less money and limited opportunity?

We're hardly stocked with tall defenders.
Marchy and Durdin will be gone.
Who knows what will happen with Young? Will he pull his finger out?
Gov isn't exactly Mr Reliable, and Kemp is maybe more suited to the forwardline.

Haynes is a quality player, has experience, no cost trade wise, cheap salary wise.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

And Cripps will be 30 come round 1. We really don't want to be getting older. I'd consider Parker simply because we could use the leadership in the forward line (I've moved on from the Breust dream), but that's about it in terms of veterans. No idea what people think a 32-33 year old Nick Haynes is going to do for us...unless it's a Marchbank/Durdin cover role. In which case why would he move for less money and limited opportunity?

Petracca will be 29 when he next pulls on a boot with another five seasons on mammoth coin. Add the multiple first round picks and or top tier player and the risk is simply too high.

Kemp forward and Haynes into the backline is something we should be very seriously looking at.

No idea what condition JSOS will be in on his return from an ACL, but we should be making list decisions on the basis that he could either miss a lot more footy or require a lot of time in the ressies building either fitness and conditioning or experience in a new role.

Marchy needs to go. If he doesn't pull the pin we need to. Same with Durdin of the tall variety. Martin as well.

I think this is a good year to clear out the never-available, move a few magnets, and then draft with an eye to the future in a pretty deep and even draft.

2025 sees a handy suite of free agents for us to target: Starcevich, Rayner, Andrews, Ballard, Collins, Daniels, Davies-Uniacke, Balta, Allen. Plus the out of contract players who we could trade for. Plus a couple of potential NGA players (Gresham and Ison) who play small forward and wing respectively.

2026 we're gonna have our draft hand wiped matching a bid for Cody Walker.

Future-proof the list a bit, because we need to be developing behind this current group or we're gonna fall in a heap in 3-4 years time while Tassie are gutting the draft.

ā€œ

Rosas is not an AFL quality small forward in the modern game. Foolā€™s Gold.

Not sure about trading Owies, there are pros and cons.
Disagree, has plenty of talent but needs to work on his consistency and application. Two things that Suns players have been notoriously poor at over the years. Early in the year he was playing some very good footy, but since an injury hiccup he's barely fired a shot.

Get him to a big VIC club where he's playing for a team pushing to win the flag with good culture and I think he'll come good. Elijah is a great case of how much improvement some changes in professionalism and standards can make.

Everyones got different opinions on players, but I still think this is the 'type' of player we should be after. Bobby Hill has shown to be one for the Pies, Joe Berry in the draft has some of these qualities too, but he's far better defensively which is why I'm so high on him. I just think we desperately lack a bit of spark and magic in the forward line which we probably hoped Martin or Fantasia would provide if they could ever get healthy. Having someone capable of just running flat stick into an open goal and without being chased down by their opponent would also be great.

Sell high = Owies
Agree. Well summed up.

I have high hopes Little Durds will be the one.

I would target Leek Aleer as our main priority for a number of reasons.
Obviously Weitering needs a partner of some quality.
Taken in the first round of the 2021 ND by GWS, Aleer has had a good grounding at the Giants and should be ready to go round one next season and then onwards for a decade.
This is important when you consider our window is now with Cripps in his prime but also for the future.
Being OOC in 2025, an offer of our FF rounder might see him gettable and affordable both trade and contract wise.
It also allows us to add a quality midfielder with our first pick this year to the Campo brothers at the draft.
Aleer as a 22yo KPD services both the now and the future going forward ā€¦

Taken in the first round of the 2021 ND by GWS, Aleer has had a good grounding at the Giants and should be ready to go round one next season and then onwards for a decade.
This is important when you consider our window is now with Cripps in his prime but also for the future.
Being OOC in 2025, an offer of our FF rounder might see him gettable and affordable both trade and contract wise.
It also allows us to add a quality midfielder with our first pick this year to the Campo brothers at the draft.

Would be great if the Giants would let him go.

Everyones got different opinions on players, but I still think this is the 'type' of player we should be after. Bobby Hill has shown to be one for the Pies, Joe Berry in the draft has some of these qualities too, but he's far better defensively which is why I'm so high on him. I just think we desperately lack a bit of spark and magic in the forward line which we probably hoped Martin or Fantasia would provide if they could ever get healthy. Having someone capable of just running flat stick into an open goal and without being chased down by their opponent would also be great.

Well said. We need to find our bobby hill
Imo
I remember when the filth picked up bobby hill and I thought to myself, thatā€™s a nothing pick up lol
Rosas could be that player.

I'm just not sure there's any appeal for GWS in trading a player who is contracted for next year, for a future first round pick.

They've got a few other players being targeted - Cumming has a few suitors, Haynes likely to walk (to us?), Perryman being courted by Hawthorn, Peatling putting together a solid month of footy and likely garnering interest, Connor Stone a former first round pick struggling to break into their loaded forward line.

I don't think they gain anything by trading Aleer now for a future asset, when they could hold him and potentially use him next year and still get a good price for him in 12 months time.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 List Management Part 2 šŸ“ƒ

Remove this Banner Ad

Back