List Mgmt. 2024 List Management Part 2 šŸ“ƒ

Remove this Banner Ad

From all the noise surrounding Petracca you suspect there's a decent chance he moves. We would be amongst the top couple of clubs as far as choice goes. In contention with 80k crowds. If we made the decision to chase him theres a good chance we could land him. What I like about him for our list is he ticks 2 of our 3 biggest needs. The power medium goal kicking forward and the explosive mid with good delivery. He's worth flipping some figures around with our salary cap. Good advantage over the Pies with our first this year intact.

From all the noise surrounding Petracca you suspect there's a decent chance he moves. We would be amongst the top couple of clubs as far as choice goes. In contention with 80k crowds. If we made the decision to chase him theres a good chance we could land him. What I like about him for our list is he ticks 2 of our 3 biggest needs. The power medium goal kicking forward and the explosive mid with good delivery. He's worth flipping some figures around with our salary cap. Good advantage over the Pies with our first this year intact.

IF he were to move it would only be clubs in the premiership window and by all reports a big Victorian club that only leaves 2 possibly 3 clubs.

Think.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

List Mgmt
  • Key defender who can play in 2025 highest priority (not draftee). A body-on-body defender, not an intercept defender.
  • Would like Houston but deal / salary cap would be difficult. Knows Vossy/JSoS well so maybe.
  • Petracca turns 29 so no player swap with a young pedigree player (Cerra). Don't know how the club meets salary requirements plus pick requirements. I'm indifferent to Petracca due to the cost
  • Other than that hit the draft.
  • Accept that we have to move on the perennially injured brigade.
Position Mgmt in 2025
  • Swap JSoS and Kemp in terms of roles

Yep, remind meā€¦ how much taller than Luke Jackson and how much stronger or more athletic?

Bloke will make up for any perceived physical disadvantages with grit, just like he did as a second ruck for big chunks of the last two seasons.
So.. we're going back over 12 months, prior to his knee reco to when he broke even with a ruckman as justification for his viability as a KPD?

List Mgmt
  • Key defender who can play in 2025 highest priority (not draftee). A body-on-body defender, not an intercept defender.
  • Would like Houston but deal / salary cap would be difficult. Knows Vossy/JSoS well so maybe.
  • Petracca turns 29 so no player swap with a young pedigree player (Cerra). Don't know how the club meets salary requirements plus pick requirements. I'm indifferent to Petracca due to the cost
  • Other than that hit the draft.
  • Accept that we have to move on the perennially injured brigade.
Position Mgmt in 2025
  • Swap JSoS and Kemp in terms of roles
I'd do the Petracca for Cerra deal in a heartbeat. Cerra offers us nothing we don't have covered and Trac is elite. Now Cerra is Hammy prone before he's 25, I'd be even more keen TBH.

This is how I see our list;

OTT - Open To Trade (on the table)
TFRP - Trade For Right Price (Not on the table but open to VG offers)

No# Name Contract Exp. Priority
3 Jesse Motlop 2025 OTT
5 Adam Cerra 2025 OTT
11 Mitch McGovern 2025 OTT
14 Orazio Fantasia 2025 OTT
16 Jack Carroll 2024 OTT
21 Jack Martin 2024 TFRP
22 Caleb Marchbank 2024 DELIST
24 Nic Newman 2025 OTT
27 Marc Pittonet 2027 TFRP
28 David Cuningham 2024 DELIST
31 Harry Lemmey 2025 TFRP
32 Matthew Carroll 2024? DELIST
37 Jordan Boyd 2026 OTT
38 Sam Durdin 2024 DELIST
41 Domanic Akuei 2024 DELIST
44 Matt Owies 2024 TFRP
45 Alex Mirkov 2024 OTT

Last edited:
That's not answering the question.
Who is a favourable matchup for him?
Sydney - McDonald or McLean
GWS - Hogan or Riccardi
Port - Georgiadies or Marshall
Freo - Amiss or Tracey
Bulldogs - JUH or Naughton
Hawks - Lewis or Dear
Lions - Morris or Daniher
Pies - Mihocek
Crows - Fogarty
Saints - Membery or Caminiti
Tigers - Balta or Kossie
WCE - Waterman or Williams
GCS - Day or Walter
Bombers - Caddy or Jones

Can also play on mid sized tall players as well

Last edited:
So.. we're going back over 12 months, prior to his knee reco to when he broke even with a ruckman as justification for his viability as a KPD?
We donā€™t have any exposed form from this year so naturally we are looking at performances and attributes based on aged infoā€¦
As are those dismissing the idea of Jack in defence.

We donā€™t have any exposed form from this year so naturally we are looking at performances and attributes based on aged infoā€¦

Heā€™s such a good one on one player and generally has talls on him.

Being the hunter will suit him IMO. He is fantastic with his positioning and strength.

I think he will be better in defence and importantly will add leadership and competitiveness back there. Weitering will love playing with him and our defence will have real heart

Weitering Silvagni Haynes is one tough competitive back 3

Key will be adding good runners around them

Last edited:
GWS - Hogan or Riccardi
Freo - Amiss or Tracey
Hawks - Lewis or Dear
Pies - Mihocek
Crows - Fogarty
Tigers - Balta or Kossie
GCS - Day or Walter
Bombers - Caddy or Jones

Of those listed, I wouldn't want him manning:
McDonald, Treacy, JUH, Naughton, Amiss, Daniher, Balta, Waterman, Membery
Of those not listed:
Wright, Walker, Larkey, King, King, Lynch, Cadman, Dixon, Hipworth, Darcy, Cameron

I can understand if we see things differently however.
IMO we're covered for third talls, especially if the rumoured acquisition of Haynes comes to fruition.
I want someone capable of minding the primary targets in order to free up Weiters & im just not seeing that within his skillset, if I'm wrong, fantastic, I can stop bleating about our KPD.

Heā€™s such a good one on one player and generally has talls on him.

Being the hunter will suit him IMO. He is fantastic with his positioning and strength.

I think he will be better in defence and importantly will add leadership and competitiveness back there. Weitering will love playing with him and our defence will have real heart

Weitering Silvagni Haynes is one tough competitive back 3

Key will be adding good runners around them
We agree on many things Soap, this will never be one of them. Jack's biggest asset is his work rate and ball use. He's an average/poor overhead mark, not overly athletic - speed, vertical leap etc, never been a great 1 on 1 player like Charlie and he's slightly undersized for a modern KPD.

Love what Jack brings but he should stay forward imo. Best off going and finding another proven KPD to fill that hole

GWS - Hogan or Riccardi
Freo - Amiss or Tracey
Hawks - Lewis or Dear
Pies - Mihocek
Crows - Fogarty
Tigers - Balta or Kossie
GCS - Day or Walter
Bombers - Caddy or Jones

You have more patience than I ā€¦

Look, heā€™s going to give up some agility or burst speed on some players, others may be too strong on occasion and other teams may be able manipulate match ups to expose a height difference. Just like any game

Butā€¦ would enjoy advantages in one form or another. Of the players youā€™ve listed could see Daniher or JUH causing him real problems, Caddy Georgiades or Tracy not far behind. But heā€™d have the strength to compete with the Hogans, Mihoceks, et al clearly more agility than a Fogarty, more tricks than a Membrey or a Waterman.

His best or most favourable matchup is any aided by team defence and unselfish football. Like any KPD.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You outright dismissed someone that pointed out that he struggled when trialled in the role at the lower level.
Agree to disagree.

Of those not listed:
Wright, Walker, Larkey, King, King, Lynch, Cadman, Dixon, Hipworth, Darcy, Cameron

IMO we're covered for third talls, especially if the rumoured acquisition of Haynes comes to fruition.
I want someone capable of minding the primary targets in order to free up Weiters & im just not seeing that within his skillset, if I'm wrong, fantastic, I can stop bleating about our KPD.
I see him as a 2KPD rather than freeing Weiters, he compliments his current role.

I guess we are at cross purposes. All good.

We agree on many things Soap, this will never be one of them. Jack's biggest asset is his work rate and ball use. He's an average/poor overhead mark, not overly athletic - speed, vertical leap etc, never been a great 1 on 1 player like Charlie and he's slightly undersized for a modern KPD.

Love what Jack brings but he should stay forward imo. Best off going and finding another proven KPD to fill that hole

Iā€™ll take smarts and efforts every time. I donā€™t agree with your summation on him either. I see him very differently

Only time will tell

Of those not listed:

If we picked players based on who they canā€™t play on we would never pick anyone

I remember similar comments about Kemp forward or Hollands back only a week ago šŸ˜Ž

Iā€™d be trying JSOS in defence. At the end of the day he is a poor ruck, a forward who you would always want to improve on (going into his tenth season next year and has never kicked 20 goals in a year). You are not losing anything by trying him in defence.
If we get injuries up forward you can still put him up there and you know he will compete.
He is a Jack of all trades master of none, Iā€™d send him back to see if he is capable of becoming a good player.

The most frustrating part is reading the last post.
Jack does so much hard work forward, that his rewards go unnoticed and more importantly the accolades to others.
He has been a huge missing link this year, yet people still donā€™t acknowledge his importance to our team.
I donā€™t have a problem with trailing him back, or even playing him there long term, but credit to what he bring forward of the centre being dismissed, really annoys me.

Either way, still should be targeting a proven 2nd option for KPD so we can experiment with Jack and have the back up knowing if it doesn't come off theres no harm done.

Bugger off all the injury prone list cloggers then go and get:

2nd KPD option
Pace and foot skills on the flanks
Someone with some flare and defensive spark in the midfield
A genuine crumbing small forward

Get those done in the off season and we'll be in very good order for 2025

The most frustrating part is reading the last post.
Jack does so much hard work forward, that his rewards go unnoticed and more importantly the accolades to others.
He has been a huge missing link this year, yet people still donā€™t acknowledge his importance to our team.
I donā€™t have a problem with trailing him back, or even playing him there long term, but credit to what he bring forward of the centre being dismissed, really annoys me.
My hope would be if Kemp proves to be a reliable option inside 50 you can plant Kemp and Harry in the forward 50 and unleash Charles in the JSOS role from previous years. Almost no key defender can go with Charlie when he's getting on his bike and delivering the ball inside 50, will mean when he roams back inside 50 he has a 2nd/3rd string defender on him rather than a top liner glued to him like stink on a monkey.

Iā€™d be trying JSOS in defence. At the end of the day he is a poor ruck, a forward who you would always want to improve on (going into his tenth season next year and has never kicked 20 goals in a year). You are not losing anything by trying him in defence.
If we get injuries up forward you can still put him up there and you know he will compete.
He is a Jack of all trades master of none, Iā€™d send him back to see if he is capable of becoming a good player.

Agree, canā€™t see Jack staying on the list as a forward.
We got nothing down back as a KPD outside of Weiters, great opportunity to eek out a few more years, who knows it could be his spot

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 List Management Part 2 šŸ“ƒ

Remove this Banner Ad

Back