List Mgmt. 2024 List Management Part 2 šŸ“ƒ

Remove this Banner Ad

Facts are nice šŸ˜Š

I reckon if Jack was given a pre season to train in defence heā€™d thrive

With Kemp Oā€™Keefe Lemmey McKay on list that can play KPF/2nd ruck, Jack going back solves a lot of issues and helps balance our list
I'd 100% be going for this move.

Jack is a desperate defender as a forward. Tackles and puts pressure on more than anyone in there. Imagine that's his main focus as a backman

Hes creative and a good field kick also. Think he would thrive in the backline.

Only 1 game, but Kemp is probably a better set shot and more dynamic forward.

The switch is perfect.

I'd 100% be going for this move.

Jack is a desperate defender as a forward. Tackles and puts pressure on more than anyone in there. Imagine that's his main focus as a backman

Hes creative and a good field kick also. Think he would thrive in the backline.

Only 1 game, but Kemp is probably a better set shot and more dynamic forward.

The switch is perfect.
If JSOS was to go back, I'd love to hear along the lines that he has spent time with someone like Cripps running coach... not saying that he isn't, BTW...

If we're gonna chase Houston I think it needs to be on the basis that we're offloading a midfielder for balance reasons.

Hypothetically, if we can get a middling first round pick for Cerra, I'd be open to trading that plus our future first rounder for Houston and a second rounder this year.

Houston slots into HB with some mid/wing rotations.
E. Hollands takes Cerra's starting midfield spot after a full preseason with the mids.
Charlie pushes up to a high forward role in place of Hollands.
Kemp moves into a deep forward role.

Newman, Weitering, [JSOS/Young/Budget Recruit?]
Houston, McGovern, Saad
Acres, Cripps, Hollands
TDK, Hollands, Hewett
Williams, Curnow, Fogarty
Motlop, McKay, Kemp
I/C: Cowan, Walsh, Kennedy/Cincotta, Owies/Durdin

Still leaves us with our first round pick to take to the draft for a small pacy small (Berry), classy mid (Lindsay), dashing utility (Travaglia) or developing KPD (no idea who).

Also need to potentially fit Doc into that 22. Plus the up and comers like Lord, Moir, Binns, Wilson and draftees (first rounder plus Campos) who may just have to bide their time a little or work their asses off to demand selection over the incumbents. And fringe, genuinely selectable options like Boyd, Cottrell and Pitto who we'd still likely need to turn to on a semi-regular basis as injury cover.

It's not a 22 that screams pace. But it looks a little more capable of playing tempo, possession footy between the arcs.

I thought that the better ball use and mobile forward line really benefited our smalls.

Durdin Motlop Owies Williams Fogarty can all play. They can be a very dangerous group if used properly.

The way we have delivered it forward this year to our talls has made their jobs ridiculously hard. They need space and the ball on the ground. Reminded me a lot of Tigers in their flag seasons. Chaos ball into fwd 50

We are incredibly predictable going forward, that should help the smalls no end as they should know exactly where to be.

Collectively, I think the smalls have been incredibly disappointing in not being where they should be. But thatā€™s my opinion

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

We are incredibly predictable going forward, that should help the smalls no end as they should know exactly where to be.

Collectively, I think the smalls have been incredibly disappointing in not being where they should be. But thatā€™s my opinion

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

We can see the potential in durdin and motlop, they just can't stay on the park.

We agree on many things Soap, this will never be one of them. Jack's biggest asset is his work rate and ball use. He's an average/poor overhead mark, not overly athletic - speed, vertical leap etc, never been a great 1 on 1 player like Charlie and he's slightly undersized for a modern KPD.

Love what Jack brings but he should stay forward imo. Best off going and finding another proven KPD to fill that hole

Personally, I see jacks best attribute is to split contests 50/50. This is the most common outcome of his contests. Not win or lose. Agree on your other points around marking, speed etc but his work ethic and brain see him split contests.

This outcome would be great in defence in terms of holding up play for a stoppage. Currently we have some witches hats back there defensively.

Isn't it ironic the week after we receive the best feedback on drafting kids, rumours circulate we are chasing a 29yo Dan Houston? I would rather stick to the draft when our first pick is most likely in the top 15

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Iā€™m not one for doing future 1sts, however if we donā€™t make the finals this year or go out week 1, Iā€™d 100% go to the draft with that pick and offer PA our future 1 and maybe more. If we end up with pick 14 + yeah sure, that for Houston with a swap of picks this year sounds about right.

Iā€™m pretty invested in this draft and think we should be looking to get 2 or 3 top 25 but understand the rationale in getting Houston, Haynes etc. we automatically become a much better side best 23 and depth.

Iā€™m still all for Conor Stone. Think he would be an astute acquisition with playing forward and mid.

Isn't it ironic the week after we receive the best feedback on drafting kids, rumours circulate we are chasing a 29yo Dan Houston? I would rather stick to the draft when our first pick is most likely in the top 15
Only turned 27 in May just gone. Not turning 29 until May 2026

And we are in the premiership windowā€¦.just saying.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
Only Saad and Hewett have put us in the window. E Hollands and Acres did not cost much
Most of the Expensive recruits have been of questionable value: Williams, Cerra, Martin, Mcgovern.
Houston is worth it at a price but I don't believe it is more than a pick in the 20s
He is running HBFlanker and a good one but Travalglia could be that player in 2 years

Only Saad and Hewett have put us in the window. E Hollands and Acres did not cost much
Most of the Expensive recruits have been of questionable value: Williams, Cerra, Martin, Mcgovern.
Houston is worth it at a price but I don't believe it is more than a pick in the 20s
He is running HBFlanker and a good one but Travalglia could be that player in 2 years
Houston ranks elite in tackles and clearances, above average in disposals and disposal efficiency. Currently sitting at a whopping 82%.

Guy can plays many positions and was All Australian last year and could again be in 2024?

I know you may think we need to go in a different direction, but he ainā€™t worth a single pick in the 20s. Much higher than that

Physically weaker than May who can wrestle the gorillas & less athletic than Lever.
I struggle to find an ideal matchup for JSOS down back.

I struggle to find a best 22 spot for him period. I like him as a player, but we need to move past him if we want to become a genuine premiership threat. IMO

As Ive said previously, I dare say if his name wasnt Silvagni, people wouldnt still be trying to squeeze him into their best teams.

Iā€™d love to see a defence built around Weitering Silvagni & McGovern or Haynes (Young is back up) with Boyd Saad Hollands Cincotta Cowan Wilson and maybe Houston providing the running options

Means we can really focus on midfield run and X factor this off season

Honestly, Id rather we move on from them. :think:

I struggle to find a best 22 spot for him period. I like him as a player, but we need to move past him if we want to become a genuine premiership threat. IMO

As Ive said previously, I dare say if his name wasnt Silvagni, people wouldnt still be trying to squeeze him into their best teams.

Iā€™m the opposite. I think heā€™s underrated.

Heā€™s a smart footballer been made to play a makeshift role that doesnā€™t really suit him yet heā€™s done well

IMO Jack is a natural defender and if given a go his smarts, workrate and unselfishness will make a great combination with Weitering

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 List Management Part 2 šŸ“ƒ

Remove this Banner Ad

Back