List Mgmt. 2024 List Management Part 2 📃

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: the poster spouting the Trac to Carlton rumours

Thinking Cooking GIF

The Houston chase smells like a Vossy favorite tbh - bit like Fantasia on a 2 year contract.

I'd say (hope) we're just asking the question rather than heavily pursuing it.

Nice player but have other more pressing needs and draft picks to use on actual 18yo's.
Except Fanta was an injury riddled guy who had played little football at the highest level for a long time!

Been mentioned by many different posters of there's since about May, not just that one.

As I mentioned above:

That particular poster hasn’t posted any Switkowski rumours.

Check the bolded part of your post I responded to & also check their posting history.

That is just wrong.
Kemp was playing on bigger opponents and was outsized. Had little hope.
Young is our second best 1v1 and rarely loses his contests. Nice story.
McGovern - you bet. waterman was their only hope and guess who was minding him?
1 out of 3 ain’t bad I suppose.
Waterman did bugger all after Q1.

Hopefully Austin doesnt get distracted by Houston and miss a second key stoppage based defender.

It would be seriously frustrating if he misses it again.

Opposition teams strategy...drag Weitering away from the ball; kick it to either Kemp/Mcgovern/Young's opponent. Score goals.
We have two top 5 kpf's. We have a top 3 kpd. What team can claim that? At what point do we begin to think our issues may be between the arcs?

Talk on the Freo board that Switkowski still heading back to Vic this off season.

Houston
Switkowski
Haynes
2024 First round draft pick
Ben + Lucas Campo

Wouldn't be a bad haul if we could pull it off. Feel like a name would have to go to fit everyone.

Some guy in the Trac thread saying Trac is 100% in play for the Blues too, Cerra and TDK names that have been thrown up.

Rather than focussing on Petracca (and or Houston) I hope Austen sorts out our key defender depth. We are already short in that area and whilst you have Haynes coming in (which seems highly likely) he is only a Marchbank replacement who will surely be delisted.

Given its likely we will also delist Sam Durdin (rightly) then really we need two key defenders. One of them might come in the draft (Trainor is possible with our first or O’Farrell with our second) but we’ll need someone who’s ready to play straight away.

If we trade TDK (or Walsh or McKay as some are suggesting) I will absolutely spew. Cerra is expendable but he is steak knives in a Petracca deal. I’d rather use Cerra to get May, who would solve our key defense problem.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We have two top 5 kpf's. We have a top 3 kpd. What team can claim that? At what point do we begin to think our issues may be between the arcs?
Who is your second top KPDer? Give me a name or names?

We only have Weitering then it is the abyss in terms of defending.

I think you are referring to intercept defenders. We don't have strong lock down defenders except Weitering who we want to free up.

Sos is NOT a defender (we’ve seen it, even if our heart longs for him to be just like his dad)
I disagree, Jsos can be a defender. When have we seen it? was it just a game or a season? No he is not his Dad.
No one expects him to be like his Dad. However, having watched him over the last couple of seasons there is every possibility that he could be a reliable defender. There have been ample examples of players no one thought could defend and yet they did.

Who is your second top KPDer? Give me a name or names?

We only have Weitering then it is the abyss in terms of defending.

I think you are referring to intercept defenders. We don't have strong lock down defenders except Weitering who we want to free up.
I believe that he is refering to Harris & Sam being the top 2 KPD and Weitering being the 3rd.
Not that we have 3 top KPD's.

Did Jon Ralph just report that Jack Martin is about to be offered another contract? 🤯

As an aside, really irks me when people refer to Martin as a small forward.

Brace yourselves for years of people calling Ashton Moir a small forward - and he’s even taller than Martin and 15cm taller than Durdin

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Second and third efforts sure, but that isn't applicable to defensive third only. So not sure why this is relevant to JSOS being in defence. Defensive pressure inside forward 50 is huge in the modern game.

He isn't the perfect size, he is 1.91m which would mean he would be the third tall at best and often find himself undersized. He would have to play intercept so would he take McGovern's spot? McGovern is probably a better user of the football and is quicker so not sure how this makes us better.

We have a best 22 medium forward spot availible due to Martin never being fit. If we can fit Mckay, Curnow and two rucks we can fit McKay, Curnow and JSOS.

Gov has very different attributes to JSOS, the main one being pace. McGovern is really quick off the mark.

If JSOS was closer to 200cm I would agree, fact is he isn't and we really don't have a burning need for medium defenders. We do have a need for a third tall forward who is consistent.

I don't think JSOS is a KPD defensive option, he isn't strong a big body that can wrestle and isn't tall.

I think we need to persist with L Young rather than throwing an undersized defender to the wolves as we have with Kemp this year.
Club website has him at 194cm

Last edited:
At the rate Cowan is progressing Tasmania will come for him sooner rather than later, if they do we will be rewarded with picks.
Doc may not make it back.
Boyd looks shot, literally.
Wilson needs time.
Saad looking more and more old mannish/wheelchairy/soft tissuey and Newman in the twilight.
Do we need Dan Houston? Yes, yes we do. Can we afford him? We should find a way.
Got a feeling we will only draft Ben C f/s
Should be combing lists/draft for KPDs.
As far as delistings/trades are concerned we all know who should go and 70% should be on the table.
Will this year be a mini rebuild of sorts, I hate to say it but it smells like our cooking.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 List Management Part 2 📃

Remove this Banner Ad

Back