List Mgmt. 2024 List Management Part 2 šŸ“ƒ

Remove this Banner Ad

They didnā€™t say Carlton had asked Curnow or McKay. Itā€™s Petraccaā€™s management asking the questions to gain the viability of a trade for his client. Heā€™s canvassing options.

I will paraphrase what was said because I donā€™t have the footage in front of me: Itā€™s a no from Curnow. Deal is dead if McKay also says no. <ā€” Implication there that at least one of them have been asked, otherwise how would they be able to say no?

Unless I am misinterpreting and you can go back and tell me what was said about that.

Footy Classified said one of the reasons he wants to play for a big Melbourne club is for Brand Petracca, he wants more exposure to make money from Social Media and his cooking showsā€¦

Red flags for me, Iā€™d love him at the club but he could rip the group and culture apart if those reasons are true.

I was shocked when I heard that.

Really think this is an incredibly bad move if the deal goes ahead.

I will paraphrase what was said because I donā€™t have the footage in front of me: Itā€™s a no from Curnow. Deal is dead if McKay also says no. <ā€” Implication there that at least one of them have been asked, otherwise how would they be able to say no?

Unless I am misinterpreting and you can go back and tell me what was said about that.
Curnow and Petracca share a manager, so thatā€™s how Charlie would instantly be a no without asking

I reckon youā€™ve completely misinterpreted it because there is no way in the world any club wouldā€™ve put one of its best players such a preposterous position on the eve of the most important part of the season.

I reckon youā€™ve completely misinterpreted it because there is no way in the world any club wouldā€™ve put one of its best players such a preposterous position on the eve of the most important part of the season.

Yeah.

Might be easily explained by the post above yours which makes sense too. Management may have given the instant no.

Then again I donā€™t know how accurate the whole story is from McClure.

Footy Classified said one of the reasons he wants to play for a big Melbourne club is for Brand Petracca, he wants more exposure to make money from Social Media and his cooking showsā€¦

Red flags for me, Iā€™d love him at the club but he could rip the group and culture apart if those reasons are true.
I wouldnā€™t take much notice of a footy show that deliberately makes outlandish comments to whip up drama and generate clicks on social media.

Forget McKay or Charlie, itā€™s not often that a player wants out at a club and is forced to stay.
Then if they stay, they generally end up leaving a year later anyway.

So forget $$$, forget McKay, Curnow, what would a team need to offer to make the Demons begrudgingly accept.

Be specific, 3 first rounders without a pick number is irrelevant.

Weā€™d be crazy to trade H.

Elite CHF. Would show a misunderstanding of footy by the club IMO.

Probably Take 20 years to snare & develop another elite CHF. Long after CPā€™s performance has faded out, after 3-4 years or so - IF he recovers fully from the severe injuries, of course.

Altrrnatively, smart forward strategy and leading patterns can unlock the full potential of CC and H ( and Kemp, Williams, Fog, etc. etc. )

That's hilarious....I actually don't mind Gary, but love the way he goes all gibberish when the conversation focusses on the Demons.

Interesting situation though. There's definitely smoke, and I have zero doubt a lot of it is coming straight out of Princes Park. It all boils down to how pissed off he is with the club, particularly in the wake of the aftermath with the way they handled the injuries both on game day and the weeks following. If you believe the reports, it was a massive slap to the face to both him and his family.

If he requests a trade - which seems a fait accompli right now - then Melbourne are well within their rights to deny it - or alternatively play hardball to the extreme that no club would go near it.

If he leaves the club and states he has no intention of returning, that's a different matter.

If he requests a trade history says they generally get done.

At 29 years old 2 first rounders is a good return.

What possible reason would McKay have to agree to move to Dees?

According to reports, Melbourne wonā€™t do that.

Footy Classified mentioning they want either Curnow or McKay. According to McClure, Curnow said no and the deal is dead if McKay says no. So it all falls on McKayā€™s decisions at this point.

They are not after picks. They are after a top player for him. Nothing stopping them going to another major Melbourne club either.
McClure also does not mention why Carlton wants Petracca. Or How he knows what Carlton wants.

Both Hun and Age going with the story, so the smoke has turned into a fireā€¦

Not saying itā€™s usā€¦

However, if a player asks for a trade and nominates a particular clubā€¦ Means the club have committed to getting the deal doneā€¦

If it does end up us weā€™d have to move on a big dollar contract to afford himā€¦

Both Hun and Age going with the story, so the smoke has turned into a fireā€¦

Not saying itā€™s usā€¦

However, if a player asks for a trade and nominates a particular clubā€¦ Means the club have committed to getting the deal doneā€¦

If it does end up us weā€™d have to move on a big dollar contract to afford himā€¦
The leverage really comes from how big a stink Trac is going to kick up if the Dees refuse to trade him and how big a stink he's already caused.

If what Lloyd said about speaking to some of his teammates and them saying they think it's best if he goes to then things are clearly in a bad way.

If the Dees know it's toxic to keep him they'll deal him whether they want to or not

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Whatever it takes to get Cripps a flag.

I know the old adage is no individual is bigger than the club, but this is an exception. Cripps has carried us out of the worst period in our history with incredible commitment to the cause. He absolutely deserves special treatment.

While the thought of losing H hurts, circling back to my first point, Iā€™d do the deal for certain. Iā€™d even have let Charlie go if it meant a flag for Cripps.

We can cover Harryā€™s role.

We would be flag favourites with Trac (especially if we snag Houston and/or Aleer as well).

* this is dependent on the players being ok with it (ie, not risking club culture) and believing that Trac will return to full fitness .

The leverage really comes from how big a stink Trac is going to kick up if the Dees refuse to trade him and how big a stink he's already caused.

If what Lloyd said about speaking to some of his teammates and them saying they think it's best if he goes to then things are clearly in a bad way.

If the Dees know it's toxic to keep him they'll deal him whether they want to or not

Seems like the dees window is well and truly over at this point. Brayshaw leaving hurt more than they hoped. Oliver looks cooked. May and Gawn coming to an end. ANB going. Brown / Smith gone. Melksham / Hunter / Billings ?

Whether Petracca leaves or not they'd do well to start a mini-rebuild now and rebound quickly rather than going for another premiership with a group that is obviously not good enough.

Seems like the dees window is well and truly over at this point. Brayshaw leaving hurt more than they hoped. Oliver looks cooked. May and Gawn coming to an end. ANB going. Brown / Smith gone. Melksham / Hunter / Billings ?

Whether Petracca leaves or not they'd do well to start a mini-rebuild now and rebound quickly rather than going for another premiership with a group that is obviously not good enough.
Yeah, which is why I don't buy the Harry McKay story. Why would they want a KPD who's 28 next year when they're list is pretty close to cooked.

Sam McClure said curnow said no and Harry's manager said Harry is happy at Carlton, he took that to mean Harry didn't say no. He then went on to say a good deal for all would be Harry for petracca with cerra tossed in as steak knives. Now I don't know what drugs the moron is on, but Harry is more important to us than petracca would be, let alone cerra on top.

I know the old adage is no individual is bigger than the club, but this is an exception. Cripps has carried us out of the worst period in our history with incredible commitment to the cause. He absolutely deserves special treatment.

While the thought of losing H hurts, circling back to my first point, Iā€™d do the deal for certain. Iā€™d even have let Charlie go if it meant a flag for Cripps.

We would be flag favourites with Trac (especially if we snag Houston and/or Aleer as well).

* this is dependent on the players being ok with it (ie, not risking club culture) and believing that Trac will return to full fitness .

Who can we use to cover Harryā€™s role? Whoā€™s going to push up onto the wing and take a bail out mark. We literally have no one else who competes in the air down the wing and when heā€™s not there our long dump kicks out of defence get picked off. We have no aerial presence down the line when heā€™s not there. As one of the best contested marks in the game, he also bails us out with our high hack kicks into the forward line. Heā€™s an absolute key cog to this team that we simply canā€™t afford to lose. Charlie likes staying deep. Kemp isnā€™t tall enough to be a threat pushing up onto the wing. Lemmey is unproven. We canā€™t afford to lose Harry.

Out: McKay. In: Petracca wouldnā€™t make us a better team. Weā€™d be stronger in the middle sure, but unless our ball use becomes significantly better, weā€™d struggle up forward despite the odd cameo game where it works out without him. Not to mention, if Charlie then went down weā€™d be absolutely screwed for a lack of talent and height in the forward line.

Petracca would be a good get but unless itā€™s just picks and say Cerra, then I think we bail out. Houston and Aleer I actually prefer as targets for our needs.

Is that you dodoro ?

Who can we use to cover Harryā€™s role? Whoā€™s going to push up onto the wing and take a bail out mark. We literally have no one else who competes in the air down the wing and when heā€™s not there our long dump kicks out of defence get picked off. We have no aerial presence down the line when heā€™s not there. As one of the best contested marks in the game, he also bails is out with our high hack kicks into the forward line. Heā€™s an absolute cry his cog to this team that we simply canā€™t afford to lose. Charlie likes staying deep. Kemp isnā€™t tall enough to be a threat pushing up onto the wing. Lemmey is unproven. We canā€™t afford to lose Harry.

Out: McKay. In: Petracca wouldnā€™t make us a better team. Weā€™d be stronger in the middle sure, but unless our ball use becomes significantly better, weā€™d struggle up forward despite the odd cameo game where it works out without him. Not to mention, if Charlie then went down weā€™d be absolutely screwed for a lack of talent and height in the forward line.

Petracca would be a good get but unless itā€™s just picks and say Cerra, then I think we bail out. Houston and Aleer I actually prefer as targets for our needs.

I know everyone loves going on about midfielders being a dime a dozen but reality is that Premierships are won in the midfield - the level of Trac is so far from ā€˜dime a dozenā€™ as well.

He could literally rest at full-forward and be damaging there. Heā€™ll kick plenty of goals from the midfield too. One gun KPF is enough. Cripps, Trac and Walsh is unstoppable.

We also have the cover of TDK if required.

I get that emotion and sentiment are high with this type of scenario, but weā€™d definitely be a better team with Trac and if anyone thinks otherwise, they either havenā€™t seen enough of Trac, they underrate Trac or theyā€™re emotionally attached to H imo.

I know everyone loves going on about midfielders being a dime a dozen but reality is that Premierships are won in the midfield - the level of Trac is so far from ā€˜dime a dozenā€™ as well.

He could literally rest at full-forward and be damaging there. Heā€™ll kick plenty of goals from the midfield too. One gun KPF is enough. Cripps, Trac and Walsh is unstoppable.

We also have the cover of TDK if required.

I get that emotion and sentiment are high with this type of scenario, but weā€™d definitely be a better team with Trac and if anyone thinks otherwise, they either havenā€™t seen enough of Trac, they underrate Trac or theyā€™re emotionally attached to H imo.

I watch a tonne of footy. Iā€™ve seen plenty of Trac and rate him highly. I donā€™t get attached to any players. Iā€™d move on any player if I felt the deal would make us a better overall team and that it wouldnā€™t rip the heart out of the playing group. Harry is mass loved by the playing list and there would be lots of filthy players if we pushed him out especially when heā€™s committed to us for so long and taken below his market value in doing so.

Like I said, we would lose aerial presence down the wing without McKay. Heā€™s one of if not the best contested marks in the game and heā€™s invaluable to provide a bail out option when we kick the long ball down the line and inside the forward line. He often saves us late in games when he works his backside off to present down the wing and takes a big mark. His work rate for a big is super high. Iā€™m not doubting how good Petracca is, I just donā€™t think the net gain is there by making that trade and itā€™s a moot point because H wonā€™t be involved in any trade. I donā€™t think weā€™ll get Trac but if we do it will be for picks as the heart of the trade and very likely it would involve a third team to help Melbourne get something they value.

Lloydy claims to have spoken to 'a few' Senior Melbourne players and based on what they've told him, it's gone too far and he's all but gone:

We need to get him.

Yep. Heā€™s exactly what we need. Hell, heā€™s exactly what every club needs. A few are fortunate to have them already.

Powerful, line-breaking, goal-kicking midfielders are literally the best, most valuable and most damaging players in the competitionā€¦ and Trac is at the top of that list.

If we get him, we go straight to flag favourites. Iā€™ve got no doubt about that.

Yep. Heā€™s exactly what we need. Hell, heā€™s exactly what every club needs. A few are fortunate to have them already.

Powerful, line-breaking, goal-kicking midfielders are literally the best, most valuable and most damaging players in the competitionā€¦ and Trac is at the top of that list.

If we get him, we go straight to flag favourites. Iā€™ve got no doubt about that.

Moreso if we could arrange it without losing McKay.

Trade Pitto (for 2nd rounder, rucks go for a premium), then to obtain points for our F/S boys, trade Martin (good player but chronic hammies, mid-range pick at best, frees up cap space) and Carroll to a WA side (mid-range pick) delist Marchy (sorry mate, I love you but your bodies not up to it), let Owies go for the right price (2nd rounder), and ask existing players to consider a pay cut.

Offer the Pittonet pick, plus a 1st this year and a future 1st. Use our remaining 2nd and 3rd round picks on a F/S.

Apparently we have money for Houston lined up so we should be able to make it work if we get a little creative.

A Mckay trade unlocks Trac and Houston, but without it I reckon we could still manage one of them, and if I have to choose, its a no-brainier who I'd rather have.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 List Management Part 2 šŸ“ƒ

Remove this Banner Ad

Back