List Mgmt. 2024 List Management Part 2 šŸ“ƒ

Remove this Banner Ad

Ollie Hotton?

We were into him in his draft year, Carlton connection, out of contract, would come cheap and is putting up decent numbers in the VFL. Although admittedly I haven't seen him play in the VFL, just watched his junior work.

Ollie Hotton?

We were into him in his draft year, Carlton connection, out of contract, would come cheap and is putting up decent numbers in the VFL. Although admittedly I haven't seen him play in the VFL, just watched his junior work.
Perhaps if we picked up his brother Taj in the draft

Also Darcy Macpherson, just delisted by the Suns. Adds speed, pretty versatile and can hit the scoreboard. Not sure why he couldn't break into the team this year but his VFL numbers are great.

Can we just throw a godfather offer at Butters when Coke Can Kenny gets the sack in a weeks time?
Doubtful we would even consider it imo.

Fix up the midfield, forward line and running back this year would be perfect. Hope that injuries are much less next year and if we added Konstanty, Berry, Stone, Travaglia this off season as well as both Campo boys, we will be much much better in 2025 and set ourselves up for sustained success moving forward. Of course a tall key back would be nice but doubtful we get one.

Then go all in on Leek Aleer next year.

Ollie Hotton?

17 disposals and 5 goals in round 9 against Casey and then didnā€™t kick another goal for the season in 10 games is surprising.

Seemed to increase his disposal numbers as the season went on so I assume he was getting fitter and rewarded with more midfield time?

We could follow the Hollands formula. Draft the younger brother this year and then a year later lure Olli across.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Not sure of trade value. If he is being pushed out not too much, but a second wouldnā€™t be too much on his best form. The go slow is that he has missed plenty of games through injury. Unsexy stopper type, but I remember thinking they were set when he was in a purple patch of form.

Definitely due diligence on his body, I canā€™t remember the nature of his ā€œnigglesā€.
2023 July sidelined with a broken foot (5th metatarsal) missed rest of seasonā€¦

2024 June sidelined with a Lisfranc injury to the left foot

Repeat foot injuries for a big burly KPD sounds a tad concerning, wonder if they were load related or collision/impact injuries?
Yeah they arenā€™t great injuries particularly for a KPD type, Iā€™ve tried looking this years injury up but havenā€™t found anything that would help with providing a good update on the injury..
From a watching perspective he would be a good addition, provided his injury isnā€™t considered a problematic concern in the futureā€¦

Really hope weā€™re going hard for;
  • A KPD
  • Konstanty and Rosas, getting both would transform our forward line..
  • Mid with pace.
If not, Iā€™d hope weā€™d try and get another first rounder or two and smash the draft.
Not sure I'd say Konstanty would transform our forward line. A good role player but more along the lines of Fogarty or Durdin than genuine star factor.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Has speed and goal sense, unlike Fogarty and Durdinā€¦
He's got decent speed but he's never been a prolific goal scorer at any level. Juniors, VFL, yet to debut at AFL level but it's never been his go. Kicked 24 goals from 23 games this year in the Swans 2s this season.

He's a pressure forward who creates goals for his team via turnover and smart ball use. Very similar to Fogarty but with a bit more zip in his legs.

He's got decent speed but he's never been a prolific goal scorer at any level. Juniors, VFL, yet to debut at AFL level but it's never been his go. Kicked 24 goals from 23 games this year in the Swans 2s this season.

He's a pressure forward who creates goals for his team via turnover and smart ball use. Very similar to Fogarty but with a bit more zip in his legs.
so he would be an upgrade on Fog. Seems like the go then.

He's yet to play a game at AFL level, certainly wouldn't be saying he'd be an instant upgrade. Potentially, but Fog has proven a valuable cog.
my understanding is that the swans see him as a direct replacement of Papley

Luke Parker for Owies is an instant upgrade. Capable of a 40 goal season playing solely as a forward. Actually lays and sticks tackles too. Would love for us to make that move but we don't seem to recruit anyone over 27, so over 30 is a big no no.

Luke Parker for Owies is an instant upgrade. Capable of a 40 goal season playing solely as a forward. Actually lays and sticks tackles too. Would love for us to make that move but we don't seem to recruit anyone over 27, so over 30 is a big no no.
need coaches out there to set standards and professionalism. think gunston bruest

Question for those more ITK than I. Earlier in the season, most were suggesting ā€˜we had the list to win a flagā€™. Therefore predicting that the off season would see very few changes, add the Campo boys and maybe add a cheap recruit (like Acres/E Hollands).

Do we still feel we have the list to win a flag? Or have opinions changed?

Question for those more ITK than I. Earlier in the season, most were suggesting ā€˜we had the list to win a flagā€™. Therefore predicting that the off season would see very few changes, add the Campo boys and maybe add a cheap recruit (like Acres/E Hollands).

Do we still feel we have the list to win a flag? Or have opinions changed?
Iā€™d say we are 80% there and on a good day, 80% could be enough.

For me, we need more speed around the ground and a more dynamic forward line. Yes of course we probably need another key back but if we had a midfield that denied the opposition 2 goals a game and we had a more dynamic forward line that created 2 more goals, I think we donā€™t lose too many games throughout the season.

Big key for me is that many of our small forwards donā€™t contribute enough and donā€™t go through the midfield. Owies, Durdin, Motlop just donā€™t get usually more that 10 possessions a game which leaves too much to too few.

If we could somehow draft Berry and Hotton this year, this would change up our forward line dynamic. People will say they are 1st year players so wonā€™t play which could be true but I think both could in 2025.

I also think we need to change the midfield dynamic. Too slow and DE needs to improve. We need to run through teams but also cut them to pieces with our kicking when momentum changes. Iā€™m not sure how to change this immediately. Maybe it stems a bit from our half backs also. Houston would be a welcome addition but doubt itā€™s possible to get him.

Role players who want to take the game on is what we need and less 1 million a year contracts. Iā€™m a fan of Conor Stone who is stated as a forward but has played some impressive midfield minutes in gwsā€™s 2nds and maybe Garcia from the dogs could be a cheap option. Looks pretty good also in the 2nds in the midfield but again, seen as a forward.

We are close but as to how close comes down to too many factors.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 List Management Part 2 šŸ“ƒ

Remove this Banner Ad

Back