List Mgmt. 2024 List Management Part 2 šŸ“ƒ

Remove this Banner Ad

If it were to happen, simplest deal for Carroll to WCE would be a swap of 2nd round picks (23 for 31*). Gives us a second pick that should come in before a bid on Ben C.
WCE are likely to be pretty active this trade period, so there's a fair chance they won't have pick 23 with other trades flying about everywhere.

Unfortunately I don't think we'll get a lot for him, especially that he'll be out of contract.

Donā€™t reckon Carrol is getting that second round upgrade , he is a token pick at best , 45-60
Pick ā€¦ agree with Rattattack sps young type pick

A fourth year midfielder who has never had over 20 touches, wasnā€™t very highly rated when drafted, with no elite traitsā€¦.. I canā€™t imagine a side getting a second rounder involved.
Agree.

This seems to be a case of us overinflating our players value because we like him. he's a good kid, he's had a couple moments but never put it together for a whole game - let alone season or even a block of 5-10 games. He's not getting a premium pick.

How do you figure?
SPS had five years and almost 100 years to show that he just didn't have - it. Culminating in two seasons of 14 / 16 games with us as his last (after a strong start to his career where he played almost every single game) which showed he was out of the side and not performing - we certainly didn't have any faith in him. His value was shot and Eagles snapped him up. He didn't prove anyone wrong having a couple of middling seasons with the Eagles at their nadir.

In contrast, Carroll is only in his third year and is only teasing his AFL career - managing 15 games in a competitive Carlton side that was top 4 throughout the majority of the year. He's a player on the rise who is well regarded by Carlton and it is clear for all that he is being held back not by his ability but by the class of midfield players in front of him in the queue.

SPS had five years and almost 100 years to show that he just didn't have - it. Culminating in two seasons of 14 / 16 games with us as his last (after a strong start to his career where he played almost every single game) which showed he was out of the side and not performing - we certainly didn't have any faith in him. His value was shot and Eagles snapped him up. He didn't prove anyone wrong having a couple of middling seasons with the Eagles at their nadir.

In contrast, Carroll is only in his third year and is only teasing his AFL career - managing 15 games in a competitive Carlton side that was top 4 throughout the majority of the year. He's a player on the rise who is well regarded by Carlton and it is clear for all that he is being held back not by his ability but by the class of midfield players in front of him in the queue.

Carroll is in his 4th year, so one less than Samo when he was traded (5 years 94 games vs 4 years 21 (potentially 25) games).

Of his 15 games so far this year, he's been sub for 7 and subbed off twice.

I think it's a huge stretch to say he's "way more valuable".
But I guess we'll see what we get for him. Hope you're not too disappointed.

I said more valuable, not way more.

Jack has had limited opportunities, has not shown a clear AFL deficiency (SPS did not have the tank for the midfield) and is consistently a strong performer at AFL and VFL level, while not having a super high ceiling.

He's not worth a pick 20, but he's worth more than pick 52.

If he is to go I would expect a pick in the late thirties to mid fourties.

On Pixel 7a using BigFooty.com mobile app

I said more valuable, not way more.

Jack has had limited opportunities, has not shown a clear AFL deficiency (SPS did not have the tank for the midfield) and is consistently a strong performer at AFL and VFL level, while not having a super high ceiling.

He's not worth a pick 20, but he's worth more than pick 52.

If he is to go I would expect a pick in the late thirties to mid fourties.

Fair enough, but I think there's a difference in what his fair value is (say he went into the ND with no different contract requirements, where would he get picked), compared to what his actual trade value is and what we'll get.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Carroll has more value than SPS, not sure how that translates in a pick

Initially I thought a swap of future picks will get it done, but with the index value changing, a pick shuffle this year would be better

Perhaps with the point system changes, we might see more player for player trades

Would Petruccelle for Carroll be a fair trade? I'd also ask the question of Burgiel

Carroll has more value than SPS, not sure how that translates in a pick

Initially I thought a swap of future picks will get it done, but with the index value changing, a pick shuffle this year would be better

Perhaps with the point system changes, we might see more player for player trades

Would Petruccelle for Carroll be a fair trade? I'd also ask the question of Burgiel
If we were trading for a player, I think we'll need to create another senior list spot.
Which can be done (Fantasia to the Rookie List the obvious move), but I think we would want to be very targeted on bringing a player in.

Will be interesting to see how it plays out, but in the most basic terms with the info we currently had, likely the 5 uncontracted senior players get traded or cut, Haynes FA and Boyd upgraded gives us 3 ND picks (say 2 + Ben + hoping no bid for Lucas?)

We should look at Sam Day from the Suns. Good character. Backup forward or defender and has been playing well. Depth option. Low cost. If he gets a decent run could be a solid second defender (though played forward recent years). Listed on fox sports as a possible option for clubs. Worst case he replaces Durdin in the VFL

We should look at Sam Day from the Suns. Good character. Backup forward or defender and has been playing well. Depth option. Low cost. If he gets a decent run could be a solid second defender (though played forward recent years). Listed on fox sports as a possible option for clubs. Worst case he replaces Durdin in the VFL
We need to be getting rid of injury-prone players, not getting them in.

I think Sam Day is as talented as they come but a big no from me. Body is cooked by the looks of it.

How do you figure?
Maybe not in trade value.

However he has improved significantly this year. Every chance he might again next year. I know list spots are tight but I'd be keen to keep him on board on that basis.

SPS. Sadly was well and truly cooked by the time he left. Hit his ceiling early and it was all downhill from there.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 List Management Part 2 šŸ“ƒ

Remove this Banner Ad

Back