List Mgmt. 2024 List Management Part 2 šŸ“ƒ

Remove this Banner Ad

I still cannot get around the midfield you have listed Soap.

Cripps, Walsh, Hewett and a bit under done Cerra played last night and they were embarrassed. Short stints in the midfield by Lord and EHollands doesnā€™t really rectify too much imo.

I think itā€™s time the club identified that the mix just isnā€™t right. Which I very much doubt they do and we fall further away with another year added to the aging Cripps and Hewett. They arenā€™t getting any faster.

Lord I think will be great but more change is needed with hungrier younger players in a midfield that canā€™t turn up against the better midfields.

The Giants got to work on our midfield 2 months ago after we blew them out of the water early and it was an avalanche of us constantly on the back foot. Even Norths young midfield took us to task and they will be much better in 2025. Hawks well they sure shat over our slow midfield

I donā€™t know what the answer is going forward but keeping the same midfield group for most of it will only result in us crumbling pretty quickly imo.

This 100%

I thought Fantasia was on two years?

You reckon the top two will be traded/delisted too? I hope we retain Owies but donā€™t know enough about Carroll.

Gut feel is Owies will be traded. To much noise around it
Fanatsia is on minimal chips and has struggled. Iā€™d delist him
Carroll would be unlucky but canā€™t even train.
IMO we need to be aggressive

I thought Fantasia was on two years?

You reckon the top two will be traded/delisted too? I hope we retain Owies but donā€™t know enough about Carroll.

Gut feel is Owies will be traded. To much noise around it
Fanatsia is on minimal chips and has struggled. Iā€™d delist him
Carroll would be unlucky but canā€™t even train.
IMO we need to be aggressive

Fantasia is contracted until the end of 2025.

I still strongly believe this is a Top 4 side with a good run with injury and a modern game plan

B: Docherty Silvagni McGovern
HB: Ollie Weitering Saad
C: Acres Cripps Binns
HF: Elijah Kemp Williams
F: McKay Charlie Moir
Foll: TDK Cerra Walsh
Int: Cowan Newman Wilson Hewett Kennedy Lord B. Campo Cincotta Fogarty plus some gun draftees and smart trades

McKay to play 2nd Ruck
Need X factor small fwd
Elijah needs to step up as mid

Need to start to move on from Saad Newman Hewett during year and introduce Lord Binns Moir Wilson as regulars

Names like Berry Sinn Garcia Wicks would help

Iā€™m not ready to move on from Hewett just yet, heā€™s 28 & playing good footy, still plenty in the tank for Georgie Boyā€¦ unless the imbeciles on MC decide to drop him for no apparent reason againšŸ¤ŖšŸ¤Ŗ

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

I'd be targeting a few lower set players to play in the middle, who tackle well and are really nippy. I think we aren't just too slow, we are too tall. Just seems the better sides have a few short and stocky fellas in there playing with a lot of energy.

Tall midfielders came into fashion because they fit into a defensive zone really well. Now that pressure is such a big part of how teams defend. It's not the big tall guys applying loads of pressure and generating clean play from stoppages so much.

Maybe food for thought for us.

Iā€™m not ready to move on from Hewett just yet, heā€™s 28 & playing good footy, still plenty in the tank for Georgie Boyā€¦ unless the imbeciles on MC decide to drop him for no apparent reason againšŸ¤ŖšŸ¤Ŗ

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Itā€™s not a question of his ability, itā€™s the fit.
He plays good solid football but his limitations come to the forefront as he is exact opposite of what we need.

We need a quick attacking mid, attacking the ball & the opposition.
Cerra is a better player, U canā€™t keep hammering away with Crippa, Cerra & Hew it doesnā€™t work.

I'd be targeting a few lower set players to play in the middle, who tackle well and are really nippy. I think we aren't just too slow, we are too tall. Just seems the better sides have a few short and stocky fellas in there playing with a lot of energy.

Tall midfielders came into fashion because they fit into a defensive zone really well. Now that pressure is such a big part of how teams defend. It's not the big tall guys applying loads of pressure and generating clean play from stoppages so much.

Maybe food for thought for us.

Agree. We have Cripps Kemp and Charlie that are tall and have midfield minutes

Walsh Cerra Wilson Docherty Lord are the smaller players but only Wilson has genuine leg speed

Now we need to add names like Garcia & Sheldrick and hopefully a gun draftee or 2

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Iā€™d hope to see. Young and fresh

Docherty Silvagni McGovern
Wilson Weitering Sinn
Acres Cripps Walsh
Moir Kemp Kostanty
Charlie McKay Berry
TDK Lord Elijah
Cerra Cowan Binns Cincotta Ollie Motlop

Winn from Port? I remember he had good wraps on him in his draft year but it seems has stagnated, have you seen much of him at the lower level to think he would be a good pick up?

Okay, after sleeping on it, here's where I'm at:

KeepDelist (ASAP)Trade
SilvagniMotlopKennedy/Hewett
CowanFantasiaJ. Carroll
O. HollandsC. DurdinMartin
CerraMarchbank
WilliamsCuningham
Kennedy/HewettLemmey
FogartyS. Durdin
CrippsAkuei
McKay
McGovern
De Koning
Acres
Docherty
Kemp
Walsh
E. Hollands
Weitering
Newman
Binns
Pittonet
Curnow
Young
Wilson
Lord
Boyd
Cincotta
Saad
Moir
Owies
Cottrell

Don't know enough about M. Carroll, Monahan, O'Keefe, or Mirkov to make a call on them.
Your going to keep Silvagni over Lemmy that nonsense and Motlop has more trade value then Silvagni and will not be delisted. Silvagni will not be in 2026 plans too slow and no position and definitely not playing down back.

Ok the stoppage stuff is different. That is 100% coaching. I was talking more so about things like the following
  • Walsh not lowering his eyes or running past for a handball under pressure
  • Saad running himself into trouble to get onto his left side
  • Charlie ignoring teammates and blasting away at goal,
  • Young and Williams not bodying up on defenders in marking contests in our D50
  • Ollie trying to keep the ball in play and couching it up to the opposition instead of just allowing it to go out of bounds and reset
  • Harry giving away silly frees in our forward line allowing the opposition to relieve the pressure
  • Elijah ball watching at kick ins only for the ball to find his opponent whoā€™s got free out the back
  • Corey Durdin flying for pack marks in our F50
  • Motlop often being behind the pack in our F50 instead of front and square running towards goals
We have a lot of dumb players on our list.

I agree with your points but have a slightly different view, the players arenā€™t dumb, they have all probably played football for 15 plus years.

Walsh will continue to not lower his eyes and call for the handball when heā€™s under pressure, until the coaches and players pull him up on it, the fact he keeps doing it, shows to me he hasnā€™t been pulled up.

If Saad keeps running himself in to trouble, the same as the above.

Pretty much the same answer for all your points, our players are a product of their environment, all players make mistakes, none are perfect, but a lot of your points are not isolated, they happen all the time.

The persistence with Durdin and Motlop has annoyed me more, every time i think about it, last week Moir had the same amount of possessions in one quarter as Motts and Durdin had in the match, he also kicked a goal, heā€™s then then dropped, Durdin and Motlop then have 4 touches each against the Lions without scoring.

Back to my point, players will continue to play dumb footy, as long as they arenā€™t pulled up/punished for doing so.

Mirkov
Akeui
J Martin
Cuningham
S Durdin
M Carroll
Marchbank

C Durdin
J Carroll
Owies
Pittonet
Fantasia

We wonā€™t make 12 changes ā€¦ but the club has plenty of choices available to it to improve the list.

You can take Pitto, C Durdin and Fanta off that list... not because I think they're any good, rather because the club contracted them, they won't be paying them all out.

I hope we don't trade Owies.

Hard to see the first 7 surviving...

J Carroll will get us a 4th rounder from WCE if we're lucky...

I still strongly believe this is a Top 4 side with a good run with injury and a modern game plan

B: Docherty Silvagni McGovern
HB: Ollie Weitering Saad
C: Acres Cripps Binns
HF: Elijah Kemp Williams
F: McKay Charlie Moir
Foll: TDK Cerra Walsh
Int: Cowan Newman Wilson Hewett Kennedy Lord B. Campo Cincotta Fogarty plus some gun draftees and smart trades

McKay to play 2nd Ruck
Need X factor small fwd
Elijah needs to step up as mid

Need to start to move on from Saad Newman Hewett during year and introduce Lord Binns Moir Wilson as regulars

Names like Berry Sinn Garcia Wicks would help
Silvagni at Full Back Stephen coming out of retirement you do do know Voss will not play Jack in the 22 unless we hit by injuries and would be forward or Ruck.

You can take Pitto, C Durdin and Fanta off that list... not because I think they're any good, rather because the club contracted them, they won't be paying them all out.

I hope we don't trade Owies.

Hard to see the first 7 surviving...

J Carroll will get us a 4th rounder from WCE if we're lucky...
Yes unlikely ā€¦ maybe they will trade Durdin back to SA and Pittonet to whoever is most desperate, backup rucks have currency.
Just leaves one to pay out ā€¦
I think Owies is gone if Durdin, Motlop and Fantasia stay.

Yes unlikely ā€¦ maybe they will trade Durdin back to SA and Pittonet to whoever is most desperate, backup rucks have currency.
Just leaves one to pay out ā€¦
I think Owies is gone if Durdin, Motlop and Fantasia stay.
Durdin is averaging 5 touches a game. Better to keep him than trade him for literally nothing or have to pay him out 2 years, he's also atleast showed some promise when he was healthy a couple years back.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 List Management Part 2 šŸ“ƒ

Remove this Banner Ad

Back