List Mgmt. 2024 List Management Part 2 šŸ“ƒ

Remove this Banner Ad

Pittonet wont be traded. What I hope is that Oā€™Keefe has a good pre season and goes past him in 2025 as next up behind TDK

The kid can play and also play forward
I think the key to either combination being more effective comes back to the half forwards again. 2 rucks when we have low output smalls is a recipe for disaster imo, why I somewhat liked when Jack was playing 2nd fiddle ruck. He wasn't great in the ruck contest but he was great at providing a link in forward chains and playing almost as a half forward rather than a traditional ruck.

I think the key to either combination being more effective comes back to the half forwards again. 2 rucks when we have low output smalls is a recipe for disaster imo, why I somewhat liked when Jack was playing 2nd fiddle ruck. He wasn't great in the ruck contest but he was great at providing a link in forward chains and playing almost as a half forward rather than a traditional ruck.

I donā€™t like 2 rucks at all. BUT the benefit of a TDK/Oā€™Keefe combination is both can play forward

What I like best is McKay as 2nd ruck. He has a great engine and gets him involved more. He played well this year when he did

Then allows us to change it up and go smaller with Kemp or Jack and/or Moir

Spot on, we miss that link man & always worked his ass off to provide an option & lock the ball in

What we donā€™t need is another white knight that is going to save the team, we have talent and experience we now just need some youthful run.. No team has given fewer games to their rookies over the past 2 years than us.. Canā€™t remember the last rising star we had, we should get 2 picks before a bid on camporeale twins, with those 2 we have a chance for 4 top picks.
Ollie last year.

Would Braeden Campbell be a name we'd look at? Not really sure what the hells going on with him at the Swans but he seems to get thrown around a lot. Deadly left foot kick and has good pace, feel like he's a bit of a victim of the Swans high standards having quality players in all the positions he'd strive in

Would Braeden Campbell be a name we'd look at? Not really sure what the hells going on with him at the Swans but he seems to get thrown around a lot. Deadly left foot kick and has good pace, feel like he's a bit of a victim of the Swans high standards having quality players in all the positions he'd strive in
Incredible kick and changed the game when he came on against the Giants. Very good player. Like they are trying him more forward - would be amazing going i50

Last edited:
Incredible kick and changed the game when he came on against the Giants. Very good player. Like they are trying him more forward - would be amazing going i50
Big yes to Campbell
Hypothetically where would he play? Half back in someones place or Ollie to half back and Campbell to a wing? Maybe even HFF?

Hypothetically where would he play? Half back in someones place or Ollie to half back and Campbell to a wing? Maybe even HFF?
It's tough with someone like Campbell who hasn't yet established a position. Logic tells me HB would be best but I'd love to see him forward of centre. Think it would fill more of a need for us

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Whatā€™s a more realistic outcome to getting two first round picks in this draft.

Taking 11 to the draft and then trading our 2nd and any picks for Carrol and Owies for 16-20 pick

Or

Trading 11 and 31 and maybe more for two picks 15-18?

As it stands, 2 firsts is very unlikely, but the first option would be a better chance of upgrading 31 to a high 2nd rounder.

Currently the only teams capable of doing the 2nd would be Freo (but theyā€™ll end up trading picks to Richmond, who wouldnā€™t want to do it, or Sydney who currently have 18 & 19, and are also unlikely to want to do it).

Float for trade/FA: Pittonet (free to a good home), Owies (25-40 range), Carroll (25-35 range), Cottrell (30-50 range), Binns (25-35 range), Kennedy (25-35 range)
Delist: Cuningham, Marchbank, S.Durdin
Rookie retention assessment: Akuei (rebound/intercept defender), Mirkov (late development), Monahan (game sense), M.Carroll (chronic injury)
Thin ice: Martin (1 year deal if medical assessment is significantly more positive)
Retirement possibles: Docherty, Pittonet
Positional changes: Motlop (on-ball rotation), Walsh (outside-leaning mid), Kemp (on-ball)
Incoming: L.Camporeale, B.Camporeale, Duffy (cat B?)

Still think we should move Pittonet on, and I think we can offload another 4 and will probably delist another 4 or 5.

Plenty of good targets out there, and as I've mentioned before I'd be looking to scoop up Cumming as a free agent, and Hotton in the draft. Will Philips shapes as a good player to bring into our midfield mix as well.

If Motlop wants to run around at 83 kgs or more, he probably needs to learn how to be a stoppage mid, because he's got a bunch of soft tissue injuries from trying to bolt up and down the field. If that's not his jam, he can lose some bulk.

Kemp and Cripps could be incredible at the stoppages, and pushes us past relying on Walsh and Kennedy to have athletically favourable matchups at key stoppages, which they don't most weeks.

One thing you watch over the next season or so is the new fitness guy.
Hes had a program in place to try get Gilfen to play 100% game time.
Hasn't happened yet.
Holland's boys walsh cotts and Binns are elite runners..lets see
The idea of Gulden playing every minute as an attacking wing is absurd, so not sure that was ever a realistic goal.

It's impressive enough that he's at 91% average for the season.

Cerra has had 5 hamstrings in 12 months.

Youā€™d struggle to get that.

Kennedy isnā€™t getting you a first, maybe a 3rd.

Williams would be for free or we could get anyone to take on his salary.

Some of these suggestions are clearly blue coloured views and then youā€™d also need to replace said players list spots with a bunch of delisted free agents or VFL players because youā€™d be bundling these picks to try and move up the draft or obtain a 2-3 players.
The end result isnā€™t what draft picks we get for those players, itā€™s using them to trade for certain players to make our list better.

Personally Iā€™d, pick the eyes out of opposition lists and state leagues, for small forwards, needing opportunity. With high/elite small forward characteristicsā€¦ Speed, pressure, crumbing, goal sense and ability to play through the midfieldā€¦ Then Iā€™d move on all our current small forwards.

I don't want anyone who can't get a game at their current club for any bloody reason. If they are skilled intelligent hard nosed footballers who want to return to Victoria then I'll listen.
Idk Elijah Hollands seems to be pretty handy and he was stuck in gold coast 2s

Float for trade/FA: Pittonet (free to a good home), Owies (25-40 range), Carroll (25-35 range), Cottrell (30-50 range), Binns (25-35 range), Kennedy (25-35 range)
Delist: Cuningham, Marchbank, S.Durdin
Rookie retention assessment: Akuei (rebound/intercept defender), Mirkov (late development), Monahan (game sense), M.Carroll (chronic injury)
Thin ice: Martin (1 year deal if medical assessment is significantly more positive)
Retirement possibles: Docherty, Pittonet
Positional changes: Motlop (on-ball rotation), Walsh (outside-leaning mid), Kemp (on-ball)
Incoming: L.Camporeale, B.Camporeale, Duffy (cat B?)

Couple weeks ago you were talking about Doc being able to help solve our midfield issues... now you reckon he might retire...

And why the hell would Pitto retire when he's contracted till the end of 2027??

Would like to inject some talent which our lists requires KPD Midfield Forward and Backline speedy & skilled flank types through the draft and a couple of possible tradesā€¦

Boyd gets upgraded, Ben in the draft Lucas would be a rookie bonus plus the Irish lad onto the CatB listā€¦

Ideally if we donā€™t trade in a required type player for a future first Iā€™d like to try if possible to swap back into this year, GCS have 12 & 20 as possibilities, 11, 12/20 another 2nd through a trade, then 31 for Ben, speed up the list balance needsā€¦

I like Owies he has come a long way, smart footballer who reads the play well, finds space and kicks goals, if a good offer came up for both parties then we take it, i think he would do well in a team that has a better balance of forward spread types and systemā€¦

Chugga i really like and Iā€™m not sure weā€™d be even willing to move him on but if the right offer came along we need to really consider it, we canā€™t keep playing the same types we need to get moving forward and upgrade our team needsā€¦

Carroll has been a slow burn but is young and stilled played little senior footy, i think he has made some small steps this year and definitely has upside within his game, probably just not the right type of midfielder that improves our midfield atmā€¦

1. M.Kennedy - trade ?
2. O.Fantasia - Payout
3. J.Carroll - trade
4. J.Martin - DFA
5. C.Marchbank - Retired
6. D.Cuningham - Delist
7. M.Owies - Trade
8. M.Carroll - Rookie Delist/Reserves list
9. S.Durdin - Rookie Delist
10. D.Akuie - Rookie Delist
11. A.Mirkov - Rookie Delist/Reserves list

11. Tobie Travaglia
(defender/midfielder)
12. Joe Berry
(forward/midfieder)
20ā€™s Harry Oā€™Farrell
(key defender)
31. Ben Camporeale
(inside midfielder)

RookieUpgrade: Jordan Boyd
Trade: midfielder or forward (Rosas)
Trade: key defender (?)

Rookie: Lucas Camporeale
(defender/winger)
Rookie: Will White
(forward/flanker)
Rookie: Matt Duffy
(defender/utility)
Rookie: key defender or
key forward/ruck

Idk Elijah Hollands seems to be pretty handy and he was stuck in gold coast 2s
You are missing my point. Hollands as reasonable as he is isn't exactly winning us games at this point in time. We can't afford speculative additions at this stage of our list. We need bonafide BEST 22 players who's output is high level and consistent game after game. No point moving the injured and lack lustre on if we are just going to replace them with shots in the dark.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 List Management Part 2 šŸ“ƒ

Remove this Banner Ad

Back