List Mgmt. 2024 List Management Part 2 šŸ“ƒ

Remove this Banner Ad

We need a strategical gameplan coach.
Voss can be the relationship coach, the figure head and the motivator. But we need some football brains.

I've been saying it since we signed him and been shot down multiple times, but his gameplan is stuck in the 80s/90s

We need a modern football mind to take the reigns over the game plan.

Much like the Pies did last year. Fly presented a great front and was excellent for culture, but the brains and gameplan were from Bolton and Leppa.

The fall away this year was because those two had to take on multiple roles and were competing to replace Wright.
Yep get us a couple of ex senior coaches please.
Simpson and Leon Cameron will do nicely..

On CPH2135 using BigFooty.com mobile app

We have a huge problem with our small forwards (apart from owies) not kicking enough goalsā€¦Goal tallies for 2024ā€¦

Matt Owies 33 goals (šŸ‘šŸ‘)

Lachlan Fogarty 9 goals

Orazio Fantasia 9 goals

Corey Durdin 7 goals

Jesse Motlop 6 goals

That is abysmal šŸ™ˆ

I just find it strange he didnā€™t nominate a club, everyone else has that still is playing in finals so I donā€™t buy that as an excuse at all.

Maybe heā€™d prefer Geelong or maybe heā€™s given the dogs a couple of clubs heā€™d prefer to play with.

Who the **** knows, but right now itā€™s not locked into the cats only imo

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Club heā€™s going to nominate still in finals.. wonā€™t disrupt their focus till their season is done.

We have a huge problem with our small forwards (apart from owies) not kicking enough goalsā€¦Goal tallies for 2024ā€¦

Lachlan Fogarty 9 goals

Orazio Fantasia 9 goals

Corey Durdin 7 goals

Jesse Motlop 6 goals

That is abysmal šŸ™ˆ
To be fair Motlop and Durdin only played 6 games each. Fantasia was playing much higher up the ground as well. Would be nice to get more goals from Fog (15 games) but his defensive work is his real strength

Lachlan Fogarty 9 goals

Orazio Fantasia 9 goals

Corey Durdin 7 goals

Jesse Motlop 6 goals

That is abysmal šŸ™ˆ

Game plan or ability?

They looked very good against WCE when we kicked it into space instead of bombing it

For me Williams and Fogarty have to be in the forward line for 2025. Fogarty brings the defensive pressure and can always give us an extra on-ball rotation. Williams move forward worked very well - high IQ player who can crumb or offer a lead up target. Can also get up the ground and do work around stoppages. I think it leaves room for only one more small forward.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How do Geelong keep finding these gems later in the draft.

How do they even know!?!

View attachment 2107319
The Errol year was the year where the draft concessions for academy players were so great that there was zero chance they wouldn't be selected by Sydney. So no one really bid on them. Teams just ignored them from the draft board, didn't put any time into them and therefore no bids came. Now it has become clear that you can't let Sydney just take these guys for free because they end up with too good a draft hand like Gulden at 32, but that idea seemed less prevalent at the time. Teams didn't want to take the risk, however small, of landing a player they'd done no research on, or some seeming sense of not wanting to 'offend' the player you do eventually pick by bidding on another player with your pick.

On the forward line I know people have been swept up a bit by Kemp but I think JSOS is still the number 1 option for that third forward role currently. For me he has the best footy IQ and forward craft in our team (big call I know). His leading is good and acts as a good connector between the midfield and forward. Plus he has the capacity to do a role on an Andrews, Taylor type.

I would have it currently as
HF: E.Hollands McKay JSOS
FF: Williams Curnow Fogarty
INT: A small with positional awareness that can crumb

WCE are traffic cones. Michael Gibbons could have kicked a bag on them
True but our entries into f50 looked a lot better ā€¦prolly because no H and Charlie and ball carriers forced to lower eyes and make better connectionsā€¦

I agree weagles made it a lot easier but itā€™s a good starting point in terms of how our f50 entries should like

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 List Management Part 2 šŸ“ƒ

Remove this Banner Ad

Back