List Mgmt. 2024 List Management Part 2 šŸ“ƒ

Remove this Banner Ad

Who is DGB and can he run through the middle?
Denver Grainger-Barras, formerly an early pick by the Hawks.
Probably more of a third tall stylistically, there are some concerns regarding attitude & fitness.
Already down the pecking order at the Hawks & given the pursuit of Battle & Barrass, it should give a fair indication of how he's rated.
Would be surprised if we picked him up.

Mate we don't have any line breakers. We play to this lists strengths which is stoppage, contested ball and contested marking.

Everyone around here seems to think we have the Daicos brothers and prime Isaac Smith running around but it's Vossy telling them to play another way. Reality is we just have a lod of slow, poor by foot players on our team.
Yep. Obvious in how quick Voss is to drop Hewett and Kennedy or demote to sub. Knows we need more pace but don't have much to play with.

Hurts that a lot of our more dynamic players have missed the majority of the season. Martin, Cuners, Doc, Cottrell, Fogarty, Cerra. Walsh and Motlop significantly down on form and fitness.

Donā€™t we? Iā€™m not so sure. We have a number of players with good leg speed. IMO itā€™s more how we use them and how we play that is the issue.

From the day Voss arrived he was all about contested ball. Itā€™s always been his philosophy no matter what the list
This has to change and my belief is that this is not the way to 'play' a season. You can't be smash and bash for an entire season without copping our sort of injuries. GWS seem to have it right that you play this style in September, if you have to. My theory is that psychologically our soft-tissues are caused by this but I'm just an amateur.

Get the Trac I say and all non-core 6 are off the table. If they can get Houston, get him. Is Motlop desirable to Port?

We can off-load some of the HB's we've accumulated.

St. Kilda seem to be in the market for whoever they can get.

Keep Owies because he's the best of a bad bunch. At least Fogarty defends.

We have a huge problem with our small forwards (apart from owies) not kicking enough goalsā€¦Goal tallies for 2024ā€¦

Matt Owies 33 goals ()

Lachlan Fogarty 9 goals

Orazio Fantasia 9 goals

Corey Durdin 7 goals

Jesse Motlop 6 goals

That is abysmal

How Owies isnā€™t already signed up is beyond me. Absolutely blows my mind. Heā€™s such a great kick for goal and you always know what youā€™re getting from him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Anyone know anything about the Nathan O'Driscoll situation? Apparently Freo have low balled him Acres style and will be departing due to that.

Very good player but terrible history of injury... Probably rules us out on that fact alone after years of enduring Martin, Cunners etc

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Anyone know anything about the Nathan O'Driscoll situation? Apparently Freo have low balled him Acres style and will be departing due to that.

Very good player but terrible history of injury... Probably rules us out on that fact alone after years of enduring Martin, Cunners etc
Sounds like the usual Peter Bell 4D chess move

How Owies isnā€™t already signed up is beyond me. Absolutely blows my mind. Heā€™s such a great kick for goal and you always know what youā€™re getting from him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Is strange which makes me think he has an offer on the table that we are not prepared to match. I canā€™t imagine we havenā€™t put something in front of him by now, but good luck to him if he wants to explore his options.

IMO Durdin is a midfielder being played as a forward
I would actually love to see him played in the middle. Jack Viney type. Short, agile. If his tackling and his attack on the footy came up to scratch then he adds heaps. A few years ago he would go into the middle and make things happen, real impact player. Then the coach stopped doing it and he has also carried a shoulder injury too long.

I think he played his junior footy in the middle is that right?

One of Voss' biggest weaknesses is knowing where to play players and where to try players. While I would not want to have him as head coach, gee Brett Ratten would be an amazing get at the club. He's an elite assistant and this is one of his strengths.

I'd love to see Durdin get a good run on the ball, even if he has to to it through the VFL and earn his spot. He's fast off the mark and he's got great agility, more a mid than a forward, a lot of the top sides have good little guys in there who use their strengths to be evasive with the footy and their closing ability to apply pressure and tackling. He could be that player.

What if we just simply had to add Durdin and Lord to our onball group to bring us up to speed and we never tried it? This is what worries me about Voss. I think he probably tries stuff in the match sims during the summer and takes too much away from that. I don't think you can take much away from match sim. Players aren't in first gear and the standard is not AFL.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 List Management Part 2 šŸ“ƒ

Remove this Banner Ad

Back