List Mgmt. 2024 List Management Part 2 šŸ“ƒ

Remove this Banner Ad

Those clubs need to find players and they can grossly over pay. They need to meet there minimum player payments by overpaying mature quality players. NOT by increasing the salaries of their current young players on the list.

In 2018 we extended Charlie Curnow for a reported $800,000 per year, he spent two of those years barely playing.

As you mentioned, once you set the standard its very hard to go back, others like McKay then expect and want the same.

In 2018 we extended Charlie Curnow for a reported $800,000 per year, he spent two of those years barely playing.

As you mentioned, once you set the standard its very hard to go back, others like McKay then expect and want the same.
On Harryā€™s output, he should be donating back to the club.
Mentally & competitively poor. Massive improvement on both fronts required to earn the big dollar contract swayed.

Decided to try and nail down how I thought we could get Houston and stay in the first round

Assuming that Jack Carroll is headed West

Carlton: Pick 31 + Carroll (Value around pick 32)

For

West Coast: Pick 22 + Future 3rd

Then

Carlton: Future 1st + Future 2nd

For

Richmond: Pick 10 (received from Fremantle via Shai Bolton/Liam Baker) + Pick 39

Then

Carlton: Pick 10 + Pick 22

For

Port Adelaide: Dan Houston + Pick 37

Which amounts to:

Carlton Out:

Carroll + 31 + Future 1st + Future 2nd

Carlton In:

Houston + 37 + 39 + WCE Future 3rd

Draft Hand:

11, 37, 39, 62, 65, 68

On Pixel 7a using BigFooty.com mobile app
I like the effort.
I think youā€™re overvaluing Carroll. Iā€™d be surprised if he got us an upgrade from 31 to 22 (weā€™d jump at that), let alone F3 as well.

10+22 is a huge price to pay for Houston, and then, weā€™d need F2 back rather than 37.

We played the 7 other finalists 9 times in 2024 excluding the final when Owies didnā€™t play. In those 9 games Owies kicked 9 goals and did next to nothing other than the goals he kicked. Keep in mind that he kicked 3 against the Cats the 2nd time we played them and 2 against the dogs. So in the other 7 games against finalists he kicked 4 goals and again did next to nothing in all of those games. If he is not kicking goals he is giving nothing else really.

33 goals for the year is great and looks good, but it really appears he beats up on poor teams and when the heat is on against really good teams he goes to water. Thatā€™s not my opinion, thatā€™s facts based off this year.

He leads at the ball and marks it and kicks truely which we all love, but I find it easy to see that his role will be taken by Kemp in 2025 and having 1 less small in our forward line doing nothing really when the ball hits the ground will be welcomed imo.

Other than his goals mainly against poor sides, his stats are really poor. Iā€™m not saying our others arenā€™t poor also but maybe because they are younger and potentially have more upside, they arenā€™t being shopped around and Owies is.

I love that he grabs the C after a goal and seems to bleed Blue, but we need not settle for mediocre hopefully anymore.

Very well said mate, great post! Looking at stats only tells part of the story, didnā€™t realise that he wasn't great against the better teams. No matter what happens, I hope our forward line balance looks better next year.

That would be okay

Itā€™s the reported $950k a year for the next 4 years that worries me
Whereā€™s that reported Soap?

When i google, it states they think he wants to leave because the deal he signed doesnt meet his current output, he signed before he became AA.

I doubt this is the only reason but it happens.

Waterman was another this year and Bobby Hill has made murmurings of this during the year as well.

Mentally & competitively poor. Massive improvement on both fronts required to earn the big dollar contract swayed.

I think you have missed my point, this isnā€™t the deal he is on now, Charlie was in his 3rd year when we offered him this deal, crazy money for a player who hadnā€™t played consistent footy, it was very much payed on potential.

This deal went against what Gbatman was suggesting is best practice.

Whereā€™s that reported Soap?

When i google, it states they think he wants to leave because the deal he signed doesnt meet his current output, he signed before he became AA.

I doubt this is the only reason but it happens.

Waterman was another this year and Bobby Hill has made murmurings of this during the year as well.

Becoming a very common theme amongst the disgruntled contracted. Add Barrass to the list.

We played the 7 other finalists 9 times in 2024 excluding the final when Owies didnā€™t play. In those 9 games Owies kicked 9 goals and did next to nothing other than the goals he kicked. Keep in mind that he kicked 3 against the Cats the 2nd time we played them and 2 against the dogs. So in the other 7 games against finalists he kicked 4 goals and again did next to nothing in all of those games. If he is not kicking goals he is giving nothing else really.

33 goals for the year is great and looks good, but it really appears he beats up on poor teams and when the heat is on against really good teams he goes to water. Thatā€™s not my opinion, thatā€™s facts based off this year.

He leads at the ball and marks it and kicks truely which we all love, but I find it easy to see that his role will be taken by Kemp in 2025 and having 1 less small in our forward line doing nothing really when the ball hits the ground will be welcomed imo.

Other than his goals mainly against poor sides, his stats are really poor. Iā€™m not saying our others arenā€™t poor also but maybe because they are younger and potentially have more upside, they arenā€™t being shopped around and Owies is.

I love that he grabs the C after a goal and seems to bleed Blue, but we need not settle for mediocre hopefully anymore.

A small bit of context to add to your point.

We went 4 wins and 5 losses in those games, the team wasnā€™t playing great and he struggled.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think you have missed my point, this isnā€™t the deal he is on now, Charlie was in his 3rd year when we offered him this deal, crazy money for a player who hadnā€™t played consistent footy, it was very much payed on potential.

This deal went against what Gbatman was suggesting is best practice.

Understood but took my grievance on Hā€™s overvalued pay with on-field underperformance & fragility. Sore point.

Becoming a very common theme amongst the disgruntled contracted. Add Barrass to the list.

Common in sports across the world, very hard to manage when you have a salary cap, perhaps some players need to think harder about signing long term deals.

Thatā€™s the whole point of long deals, you trade security for cash.

Not saying its the case with Houston its just the idea was raised that he isnā€™t on big $$$$

Harry mentally and competitively poor? You can't be serious. Got his goalkicking right in 24' and had a great year around the ground. Doesn't stop working.

Check out his last game. Needs mongrel not a meek KPF. Misses far too many easy goals because heā€™s fretting. Needs to address both or be paid Mihocek wage.
Every forward misses easy goals. Kicked 49.21 this season - not sure what more you are expecting. His contested marking and pressure on top of the goals shows he is not feeble.

a
I'm not sure how opinions on Williams differ so much but I thought he was fantastic up forward. Presented as a marking target, roved packs, and followed up applying pressure; all other small forward options are really only capable of doing one of those things not all three.

Looking at his 10 games as a forward from the Sydney to the WCE games - he averaged 1.5 goals (ahead of Owies who only really kicks goals), 1.5 tackles inside 50 (just behind Fogarty who only really provides pressure), 5.5 score involvements (which is the kind of numbers the high half forwards & mids put up, but he's outperforming the small forwards in their stats too).
Donā€™t disagree but boy thatā€™s a lot coin for stats that match owies and fog

My disappointment with Williams is a combination of output and $ā€™s. He should be delivering more.

Well GWS are done with so expect a fair few of their list to come out this week and say they are seeking a trade.

Aleer is the one we would hope we could shake loose but doubtful. Iā€™m a fan of Stone and think he could be a bargain pick up playing as a medium forward but can go into the midfield rotation. Lots of upside imo.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 List Management Part 2 šŸ“ƒ

Remove this Banner Ad

Back