List Mgmt. 2024 List Management Part 2 šŸ“ƒ

Remove this Banner Ad

Well GWS are done with so expect a fair few of their list to come out this week and say they are seeking a trade.

Aleer is the one we would hope we could shake loose but doubtful. Iā€™m a fan of Stone and think he could be a bargain pick up playing as a medium forward but can go into the midfield rotation. Lots of upside imo.
Maybe we get lucky and Kingsley tears shreds off Daniels which motivates him to leave. Wishful thinking I know.

Reports were he wanted to stay at the Giants - just cannot see how he gets a game ahead of Taylor/Buckley/Himmelberg

And Idun..
Heā€™d be smart to leave. Loyalty is good and all but sometimes you have to be aware of the landscape and realise youā€™re better off elsewhere.

And Idun..
Heā€™d be smart to leave. Loyalty is good and all but sometimes you have to be aware of the landscape and realise youā€™re better off elsewhere.
Arguably the best lock down small defender in the competition - hard to see us being able to afford what other clubs would pay him

And Idun..
Brown isn't bad either

They do have a deep list, but will be tested this trade period

Reports were he wanted to stay at the Giants - just cannot see how he gets a game ahead of Taylor/Buckley/Himmelberg

We need to get into his ear... but I wouldn't want us "guaranteeing" him a game... that's a recipe for disaster. He needs to know he's competing for a spot with Young and whoever else we recruit as a KPD.

Arguably the best lock down small defender in the competition - hard to see us being able to afford what other clubs would pay him

I donā€™t think for Aleer it would all be about money. Heā€™s not getting a game any time soon if Taylor, Buckley, Idun, Himmelberg stay fit. He and his manager would know that. If he came to us heā€™d be in a contending team, good facilities, and a walk up start to partner Weitering. Heā€™s a nice height (194cm). Heā€™s athletic with a big leap. Deceptively strong too. Heā€™s exactly the right guy to team up with Weiters I reckon. We donā€™t need a gorilla. We need a mobile and strong tall that complements Weiters and there arenā€™t many of them. Heā€™s the perfect fit. Weitering would become an AA lock if he could have the freedom to intercept more.

I donā€™t think for Aleer it would all be about money. Heā€™s not getting a game any time soon if Taylor, Buckley, Idun, Himmelberg stay fit. He and his manager would know that. If he came to us heā€™d be in a contending team, good facilities, and a walk up start to partner Weitering. Heā€™s a nice height (194cm). Heā€™s athletic with a big leap. Deceptively strong too. Heā€™s exactly the right guy to team up with Weiters I reckon. We donā€™t need a gorilla. We need a mobile and strong tall that complements Weiters and there arenā€™t many of them. Heā€™s the perfect fit. Weitering would become an AA lock if he could have the freedom to intercept more.
Oh my bad I thought they were talking about Idun - my fault

Apologies, thought the poster was talking about Idun. Clearly I don't think Aleer is the best lock down small defender in the comp lol

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That's not what you'd call a great sales pitch.....

Depends on the type of player he is...

What if he's a competitor that likes to be challenged? By some reports he wants to see out his contract at the Giants so that suggests that maybe he is that type of player who wants to earn their spot...

Otherwise you end up with another Zac Fisher...

That's 7 players, 6 of whom deserve to be there plus Williams.

On average each side would have 5-6 players on the top 100 paid players list.
List is below, some have more some have less, interesting that Houston doesnā€™t make the listā€¦

Depends on the type of player he is...

What if he's a competitor that likes to be challenged? By some reports he wants to see out his contract at the Giants so that suggests that maybe he is that type of player who wants to earn their spot...

Otherwise you end up with another Zac Fisher...
Then you don't pursue him.

There'd be plenty of clubs asking the question who would guarantee a regular game. If he's fighting for a spot in the side, he's better off just staying where he is, or choosing a club where he'd get a regular gig.

Then you don't pursue him.

There'd be plenty of clubs asking the question who would guarantee a regular game. If he's fighting for a spot in the side, he's better off just staying where he is, or choosing a club where he'd get a regular gig.

Of course you pursue him!

He's not an idiot... he'd know his chances of getting a game ahead of Young and Sam Durdin are far greater than who he has to compete against at the Giants...

It's common sense. But you don't want to sell it to him that way... he will get complacent! Sell the new start at a big Vic club, flag opportunity, massive crowds at the MCG (as opposed to a bloody dugout with a travelling school bus of fans interstate), huge fan base, facilities, post career opportunities etc.

Brown isn't bad either

They do have a deep list, but will be tested this trade period
Don't you think Alir would have a better effect on our performance than Houston? + younger+ less salary+ less trade value.

NB- I don't believe trading first rounders for Half Back Flankers(Houston)

Cut out the deadwood but not fully, trade out no one of value, replace with needs based acquisitions in both the draft and in trading (restricted by availability), let the borderline types who remain on the list stagnate because they have been replaced rather than added to, rinse and repeat.

It's no wonder we constantly hit a brick wall. Where's the next wave, where's inspiration?

Was kinda hoping Brisbanes season ended last night. Will be some noise and movement come from there when it does. Vegas trip wounds are still there. Surprised there hasn't been more noise, one will leave.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 List Management Part 2 šŸ“ƒ

Remove this Banner Ad

Back