List Mgmt. 2024 List Management Part 2 šŸ“ƒ

Remove this Banner Ad

Why in the hell would he want to go to the Roos
they arenā€™t going to be shit forever, top tier coach, contract length, $$$, some great young talent, given they may pay overs he looks after the club heā€™s leaving too.
Theres plenty of reasons, god only knows which ones matter to him.

Ryan is 27 and an electric player. The most Iā€™d give up is a future 2nd rounder for him.

Membrey no more than 4th rounder. He could be a solid medium fwd.
The time to pick Liam Ryan was 7 years ago when he was kicking goals for fun playing for Subiaco but alas SOS and his team didnā€™t really bother looking further than the local underage competitions, and still managed to fcuk up most of their high draft picks. That said if we did pick up Ryan he would immediately be the best small forward weā€™ve had since Eddie Betts. Iā€™ve said it a few but Iā€™m not sure heā€™d enjoy living in Melbourne playing for high profile club.

Membrey works his arse off and would support Harry and Charlie. That said Iā€™d rather have Jack SOS doing that role.

Iā€™m on the fence with Houston.
I prefer to go to the draft & also pick up targetted role players cheaply

Our list is not that far off - we just need a few more specific players & a lot of luck with injuries

Bring on 2025 already!

The time to pick Liam Ryan was 7 years ago when he was kicking goals for fun playing for Subiaco but alas SOS and his team didnā€™t really bother looking further than the local underage competitions, and still managed to fcuk up most of their high draft picks. That said if we did pick up Ryan he would immediately be the best small forward weā€™ve had since Eddie Betts. Iā€™ve said it a few but Iā€™m not sure heā€™d enjoy living in Melbourne playing for high profile club.

Membrey works his arse off and would support Harry and Charlie. That said Iā€™d rather have Jack SOS doing that role.
Ryan wasnā€™t leaving WA at draft time.

We were linked with Tim Kelly in that draft so we were looking at the WAFL - also took Garlett in that draft from South Freo. Oā€™Shea from the VFL too later in the PSD.

North offering their future first which could be a top 3 pick. Going to be hard to beat that offer

Not the best strategy ofc but in the end Houston hasn't nominated a club of choice and has said he is happy to stay with Port if a deal can't get done. Could all just be talk but gives Port all the power to get the best possible deal.
Pretty sure he said heā€™ll be playing in VIC today, heā€™s gone.

Comes down to the money offers vs trade capital from each club but if/when he nominates a club itā€™ll be out of Portā€™s hands and their preferred draft picks gained.

Sure Northā€™s pitch will be excess $$ā€™s and a better pick for his outgoing club vs a solid salary, Voss connection and near success šŸ¤ž

Just look at J.Polec should be the advice.

Apart from Haynes and a strong chance with Houston, I'm really interested in who else we target
Cards seem close to our chest. Iā€™m expecting Konstanty unless we know we are chasing some goal kicking smalls at the draft. Stone the other trade Iā€™d like to see happen but doubtful.

But if we do hit the draft Iā€™d love for a a 1/2 punch with Dattoli and Hannaford. My preference would be Hotton or Lindsay but can see that Dattoli and Hannaford could be a very sensible draft outcome.

Cards seem close to our chest. Iā€™m expecting Konstanty unless we know we are chasing some goal kicking smalls at the draft. Stone the other trade Iā€™d like to see happen but doubtful.

But if we do hit the draft Iā€™d love for a a 1/2 punch with Dattoli and Hannaford. My preference would be Hotton or Lindsay but can see that Dattoli and Hannaford could be a very sensible draft outcome.
Some delistings will be good (Konstanty & perhaps O.Hotton, if of interest) to avoid draft capital going out & be able to hit this years draft over & above the Campoā€™s.

Still needing to cut deeper.
Out: 5 (Dom & Mirkov)
In: 2 (Duffy & Lord)

Struggling with GC accepting our FF for their pick 12 this year.
We would surely have to add to our FF.
GC would be receiving better offers for 12 than our FF.

I hear the claims that Austin is very keen to take our pick 11 to the draft.
Iā€™m a bit suspicious of this ā€¦ and would Voss play the kid anyway.
Austin needs to convince Port heā€™s serious so they accept whatever else he can scrape together should Houston nominate Carlton.
If he can achieve that, then pick 11 is in the game for the next phase of his plan ā€¦ unlocking a partner of quality for Weitering.
If the player was Aleer, the plotting probably wouldnā€™t be necessary.
2025 first rounder for Aleer.
2024 first rounder for Houston.
If the player was SDK, pick 11 would have to be the centrepiece of a trade.
Whatever Austin is working towards, itā€™s impossible to believe that heā€™s going into next season with Haynes as the only backup for Weitering ā€¦

Some delistings will be good (Konstanty & perhaps O.Hotton, if of interest) to avoid draft capital going out & be able to hit this years draft over & above the Campoā€™s.

Still needing to cut deeper.
Out: 5 (Dom & Mirkov)
In: 2 (Duffy & Lord)
Nothing surer than a name or 2 a lot donā€™t expect to be traded will happen. List still needs to be balanced better and a surprise or 2 is to come most likely next week imo

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Struggling with GC accepting our FF for their pick 12 this year.
We would surely have to add to our FF.
GC would be receiving better offers for 12 than our FF.

I hear the claims that Austin is very keen to take our pick 11 to the draft.
Iā€™m a bit suspicious of this ā€¦ and would Voss play the kid anyway.
Austin needs to convince Port heā€™s serious so they accept whatever else he can scrape together should Houston nominate Carlton.
If he can achieve that, then pick 11 is in the game for the next phase of his plan ā€¦ unlocking a partner of quality for Weitering.
If the player was Aleer, the plotting probably wouldnā€™t be necessary.
2025 first rounder for Aleer.
2024 first rounder for Houston.
If the player was SDK, pick 11 would have to be the centrepiece of a trade.
Whatever Austin is working towards, itā€™s impossible to believe that heā€™s going into next season with Haynes as the only backup for Weitering ā€¦
Pretty sure the previous #11 selected has played the majority of games since being drafted under Voss.
#30 Cowan has quite a few games under his belt too.

Think others may have been in his ear prior, namely WCE & PTA, if he elects to leave.
And thatā€™s fair. I heard he may want to still stay in Victoria. Could be interesting but I think he and Lord in the middle in 2025 for stints could change up our midfield dynamic. Iā€™d certainly ask the question

Iā€™m open to Houston (but still hoping for Trac!).

I think what is easily underestimated (and the reason Iā€™ve come around to the idea of Houston) is how valuable elite kicks are in terms of what they can mean for transition (not to mention goal-scoring from outside 50 and delivery inside 50). If you watch the way the Swans and Hawks move the ball particularly, but even the Cats with Stewart - itā€™s often clinical.

Being one of the best kicks in the game makes him much more than just another half-back imoā€¦ and if weā€™re being honest, on top of small forwards, dynamic mids and key-defenders, we are well below the mark with kicking skills.

Iā€™m open to Houston (but still hoping for Trac!).

I think what is easily underestimated (and the reason Iā€™ve come around to the idea of Houston) is how valuable elite kicks are in terms of what they can mean for transition (not to mention goal-scoring from outside 50 and delivery inside 50). If you watch the way the Swans and Hawks move the ball particularly, but even the Cats with Stewart - itā€™s often clinical.

Being one of the best kicks in the game makes him much more than just another half-back imoā€¦ and if weā€™re being honest, on top of small forwards, dynamic mids and key-defenders, we are well below the mark with kicking skills.
I think heā€™s worth pick 11 just so I donā€™t have to watch us kick in to a contest on the boundary 45m out every single timeā€¦

I think heā€™s worth pick 11 just so I donā€™t have to watch us kick in to a contest on the boundary 45m out every single timeā€¦

Haha - yeah. One of the main things I noticed in the finals was how much the players moved to create on a kick-in. Such a contrast to us.

Obviously thatā€™s system as well but it might encourage us to get more creative having Houston there.

Where else is he going to kick to?

Do you really think our players are that dumb, that they can't look for a target? They are playing within their shell... have been ever since the Giants touched them up.

Mids cluster along the wing, don't work hard enough to find space and present and so rather than hit pin point targets that are surrounded by opposition, the backs kick long up the boundary to a contest.

Fix the midfield, I'm more than confident Boyd, Newman, Saad, Gov can find and hit targets... they've already proven so...

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 List Management Part 2 šŸ“ƒ

Remove this Banner Ad

Back