List Mgmt. 2024 List Management Part 2 šŸ“ƒ

Remove this Banner Ad

Apart from Haynes and a strong chance with Houston, I'm really interested in who else we target
Surely with who we have delisted and with Owies asked to look around, it points to a forward half player.

Wicks, Konstanty, Switkowski, maybe Garry Rowan as a DFA if we go the draft route.

Wasnā€™t the tall the Cats cut highly regarded at one stage? Not jekka the other guy.

This is what our 2025 side looks like currently.

Newman Young McGovern
Cowan Weitering Saad
Acres Cripps Docherty
EHollands Curnow Wiliams
JSoS McKay Motlop
TdK Cerra Walsh
Kemp Kennedy Cincotta OHollands Durdin
Emerg: Pittonet Hewett Boyd Fogarty Carroll Fantasia
Depth: Cottrell Binns Lord Wilson Moir

Not sure where we would fit anyone else. :p
In the empty spots when 5 of our best 22 are injured each week. So we don't lose 7 of our last 9 games and squander a top 4 finish and a home final.

He will prob play every game next year !!! lol. such a talent when on the park with his toughness but understand you cant carry him for 3 -4 years with continually breaking down

Likelihood of that happening is zero, zilch, nadaā€¦.but by some form of miracle he could complete a significant amount of game time then that just puts the nail further into Russellā€™s coffin

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

if the goal is to get better. What does Kennedy out Parfitt in do for us....
It means you bring in a player on a cheaper $$$ who is of very similar quality who can come in and play to the level.

You then use any draft capital from Kennedy to bring in quality youth or a player in a position of need.

They are a Patrick Dangerfield and Jeremy Cameron away from finishing 12th which they did last year when they had interrupted seasons. In the last 10 years they have traded in Cameron and Dangerfield who were known stars who wanted to live down there. We gave them Tuohey which was a big win for them.

Apart from those 3 they have traded in Mitch Clark, Rhys Stanley, Lachie Henderson, zac Smith, Aaron Black, Nathan Kreuger, Gary Rohan, Jack Steven, Josh Jenkins, Jonathon Ceglar Tanner Bruhn, Jack Bowes, Oliver Henry and traded Ablett back when he was about finished. There is some average footballers on that list.

I assume that they got Stengle as a DFA which was a good get.

People get carried away because of 1 good finals win (over port) . I personally think that their list is in an average state particularly if Bailey Smith doesn't fire for them which is on the cards.

They are well coached but it's just as easy to see them being also runs next year as to see them having some success. I would much prefer our list to theirs.

Lol. People make this mistake every year and every year Geelong prove them to be fools.

In the empty spots when 5 of our best 22 are injured each week. So we don't lose 7 of our last 9 games and squander a top 4 finish and a home final.
Sure - but now that we have removed and are still removing 'ALL' our injured players, have a new medicine man and all.....I expect no such BIG numbers or so we have been told to believe. ;)

The prosecution would like to call its first witness. Mr. Eddie Betts .

Case closed.
Objection!
Citing the ā€œunicornā€ doctrine- heā€™s a one off & a magnificent person.
Rebuttal argument is Paps, Elliot, Cameron, Milne, Walters, Greene etc

Last edited:
Except last year when they finished 12th?
They have missed finals twice in EIGHTEEN SEASONS and have made at least a prelim in 13 of those. They are forever the benchmark in staying up the top and they have re-generated about five times since their first flag with very minimal downtime. They might have one off year but will be contending ad infinitum.

They have missed finals twice in EIGHTEEN SEASONS and have made at least a prelim in 13 of those. They are forever the benchmark in staying up the top and they have re-generated about five times since their first flag with very minimal downtime. They might have one off year but will be contending ad infinitum.
Agree - but the farming lifestyle / beach site land helps.. šŸ˜

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Agree - but the farming lifestyle / beach site land helps.. šŸ˜
And you could also add that they got Hawkins at 41 , Ablett at 40 and Scarlett at 45 under the old father son rules. Add being able to add Dangerfield and Cameron under the farming/lifestyle rule and the superb drafting of Sellwood at 7 and there's your nucleus of success.

And you could also add that they got Hawkins at 41 , Ablett at 40 and Scarlett at 45 under the old father son rules. Add being able to add Dangerfield and Cameron under the farming/lifestyle rule and the superb drafting of Sellwood at 7 and there's your nucleus of success.
Damn, just googled Geelong ā€œmost games playedā€
Kinda helpful to your success when u have 220 + gamers like Enright, Mackie, Corey, Bartel, Kelly, Selwood, Hawkins, Johnson etc they had a hell of a lot of good players that went around forever, bloody handy when u get picks right and/or cheap & they play forever

Surely with who we have delisted and with Owies asked to look around, it points to a forward half player.

Wicks, Konstanty, Switkowski, maybe Garry Rowan as a DFA if we go the draft route.

Wasnā€™t the tall the Cats cut highly regarded at one stage? Not jekka the other guy.
The club is pretty quiet atm so it's all speculation but I dont think the above is any indication that we'll be going after a forward (or that we won't). However, given that Kemp looks to be staying forward, and we'll have Williams and Fogarty back, I'm not convinced that we will go after a forward.

What is clear IMHO is that we need at least;
1 KPD
1 Small Forward (Wicks has been mentioned but I'm unsure where the speculation came from. Might be a good move)

would be hugely damning of Russell and his team if Martin plays even a handful of senior games in a season....
Kinda, but weird shit happens with peoples bodies.

Time, change of environment, stress levels, nutrition/supplements & different training/load levels could see him back on the park.

Highly doubt he comes good, but the mental side is massive in healing from injury, u canā€™t put that on Russell if a major part of his recovery is a different environment.

Iā€™m no fan of Russell, just saying if he does come good itā€™s likely itā€™s a combination of intangibles that we couldnā€™t provide - sure as hell wonā€™t look good thou

J Martin set for the Cats according to Sam Edmund.

Just read the article, it will be bitter sweet if the Cats can get him right. At his best, he's a super talent and I want to see him succeed but it'll hurt seeing him tear it up in another team's colours.

would be hugely damning of Russell and his team if Martin plays even a handful of senior games in a season....
Given the way Geelong manage their players, I wouldn't mind betting that if he goes there, they will get his body semi-right and use him as an impact player.

Where else is he going to kick to?

Do you really think our players are that dumb, that they can't look for a target? They are playing within their shell... have been ever since the Giants touched them up.

Mids cluster along the wing, don't work hard enough to find space and present and so rather than hit pin point targets that are surrounded by opposition, the backs kick long up the boundary to a contest.

Fix the midfield, I'm more than confident Boyd, Newman, Saad, Gov can find and hit targets... they've already proven so...
Er, It was a (snarky) joke and i agree on the mids. ;)

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 List Management Part 2 šŸ“ƒ

Remove this Banner Ad

Back