Mirkov
S. Durdin

In:
Campos x 2
11 (berry)
12 (Hotton)
Konstanty
Haynes
Papley (salary dump for swans and they keep Warner from going to Perth-future 2nd rounder and take his salary)
DGB
Laverde
Boyd upgrade

F1 and owies for 12 with GC.

This is what I think will be our off season. DGB and laverde cheap KPDs konstanty and papley from an elite Sydney squad. Hit the draft and get berry another small forward also allows durdin (better mid imo), and Fogarty to play midfield. Get hotton so Elijah hollands can play full inside mid. Changes our midfield immensely. No need for Houston. Go bluss

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

You said this indicating speed is a big factorā€¦ Stats apparently donā€™t matter.

I made a point that Lohmann is not quick and you didnā€™t disagree. Do you like his athleticism or his stats sheet? I think Motlopā€™s highlights reel is pretty good if you look at it versus games played. He doesnā€™t have a premiership medal to prove it though.

In regards to your query about bringing up trading and that nobody said anything about it - I am sorry you canā€™t read between the linesā€¦. But Petrucelle has speed to burn. But you donā€™t care about stats. So I thought we should trade for him based on your critical assessment.

So therefore now that you have been shown the read between the lines, my point was relevant. šŸ‘
Your reply had no context to the post I was referring too which implied Cameron & Motlop were comparable in pace & goal kicking.

IMO Cameron is well ahead in both areasā€¦.

Lohman is quick, athletic and agile for his role and has nothing to do with the Cameron & Motlop comparison I was referring too.

ā€œBig factorā€ are your wordsā€¦.

Out:

marchbank
Cunners
Martin
Young
Carroll
Owies
Kennedy
Akuei
Mirkov
S. Durdin

In:
Campos x 2
11 (berry)
12 (Hotton)
Konstanty
Haynes
Papley (salary dump for swans and they keep Warner from going to Perth-future 2nd rounder and take his salary)
DGB
Laverde
Boyd upgrade

This is what I think will be our off season. DGB and laverde cheap KPDs konstanty and papley from an elite Sydney squad. Hit the draft and get berry another small forward also allows durdin (better mid imo), and Fogarty to play midfield. Get hotton so Elijah hollands can play full inside mid. Changes our midfield immensely. No need for Houston. Go bluss

Great work matešŸ‘
Iā€™d be very happy with the above as well

Your reply had no context to the post I was referring too which implied Cameron & Motlop were comparable in pace & goal kicking.

IMO Cameron is well ahead in both areasā€¦.

Lohman is quick, athletic and agile for his role and has nothing to do with the Cameron & Motlop comparison I was referring too.

ā€œBig factorā€ are your wordsā€¦.
Plenty of context. Read again. Or deflect because that the easy path.

Out:

marchbank
Cunners
Martin
Young
Carroll
Owies
Kennedy
Akuei
Mirkov
S. Durdin

In:
Campos x 2
11 (berry)
12 (Hotton)
Konstanty
Haynes
DGB
Laverde
Boyd upgrade

Need to add a spot for Lord and Duffy. But Boyd upgrade doesn't count for overall list places.

Out:

marchbank
Cunners
Martin
Young
Carroll
Owies
Kennedy
Akuei
Mirkov
S. Durdin

In:
Campos x 2
11 (berry)
12 (Hotton)
Konstanty
Haynes
DGB
Laverde
Boyd upgrade

DGB?

How would people feel if we end with

Pick 11
Pick 12
Ben Campo
Lucas Campo

Haynes
A very good mature player
Handy mature player
Handy mature role player

McCartin as rookie or late pick
Then trial a few for SSP over summer

Iā€™m getting greedy but if we retained pick 31 and a bid for Ben came after that, Iā€™d like to see us draft a KPF/2nd ruck option like Kayle Gerreyn.

Take Ben with our next pick/remaining points and have Lucas slide to the rookie draft.

Lemmey can switch back to be a potential partner for Weitering and Gerreyn can work in tandem with Oā€™Keeffe in the 2s.

Knowing us a couple A Graders will do their acl on the other side of Christmas anyways so wonā€™t matter šŸ¤£šŸ¤£

:)
Ok, let's have a proper look:

Out:

marchbank
Cunners
Martin
Young
Carroll (Jack I assume?)
Owies
Kennedy
Akuei
Mirkov
S. Durdin

This takes 7 off the senior list, 2 off the rookie list, and 1 off the Cat-B rookie list. Lord takes up one of the rookie spots, and Duffy the Cat-B spot. Boyd moves from rookie to senior list. That leaves 6 senior and 2 rookie spots.

In:
Campos x 2
11 (berry)
12 (Hotton)
Konstanty
Haynes
DGB
Laverde

That's 9 players. Potentially we might be able to pick up Lucas Campo as a rookie, but the rest of that list would have to go on the senior list. So we'd have to delist and re-rookie one current player, and find another player to delist if you wanted all of those Ins.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

:)
Ok, let's have a proper look:

Out:

marchbank
Cunners
Martin
Young
Carroll (Jack I assume?)
Owies
Kennedy
Akuei
Mirkov
S. Durdin

This takes 7 off the senior list, 2 off the rookie list, and 1 off the Cat-B rookie list. Lord takes up one of the rookie spots, and Duffy the Cat-B spot. Boyd moves from rookie to senior list. That leaves 6 senior and 2 rookie spots.

In:
Campos x 2
11 (berry)
12 (Hotton)
Konstanty
Haynes
DGB
Laverde

That's 9 players. Potentially we might be able to pick up Lucas Campo as a rookie, but the rest of that list would have to go on the senior list. So we'd have to delist and re-rookie one current player, and find another player to delist if you wanted all of those Ins.
You can chop Laverde from that list - if heā€™s not good enough for * heā€™s not good enough for us.
Heā€™s not a good footballer

[emoji[emoji6][emoji6]][emoji6][emoji[emoji6]]" data-quote="Gointocarlton" data-source="post: 0" class="bbCodeBlock bbCodeBlock--expandable bbCodeBlock--quote js-expandWatch">

Denver Grainger Barass from hawks was pick six a few years back highly rate him, hope his high on the list of Austinā€™s

[emoji6][emoji[emoji6]][emoji[emoji6]][emoji6][emoji[emoji6][emoji6]]" data-quote="HarryFlashman" data-source="post: 0" class="bbCodeBlock bbCodeBlock--expandable bbCodeBlock--quote js-expandWatch">
You can chop Laverde from that list - if heā€™s not good enough for * heā€™s not good enough for us.
Heā€™s not a good footballer

Fair enough do feel like we need another cheap KPD, serong DGB from hawks? Surely with Sicily frost and now barass and battle they both look elsewhere. Also like Dougal Howard. Was great at port and not in favour atm at the saints. Durdin and young I donā€™t rate and both easily replaceable

I personally think re-calibrating the list this off season is exactly what we need, and if we do it really well, itā€™s going to solve a couple of issues coming to selection which is always a hot topic for our club. Doing it well is how it looks through Soapyā€™s post ->

3-4 talented youngsters (11, 12 - attained in trading F1, Campo x 2)
3-4 seasoned players (Haynes - still think we need a KPD, a HFF, a Small Fwd and maybe a dynamic styled mid) who will help hopefully more reliance on team as whole than the sum of its parts.
Plus a rookie or two/SSP spot if available. Austin would need to NAIL those picks at 11 and 12.

Alongside that clearing the deadwood and injury prone players who have taken up list spaces, due to their talent and our hopefulness, being cleared out.

Add this to that young group of Binns, Lord, Moir, HOK, Lemmey, Wilson to yet get much exposure. It takes a good pre season and a chance or two to keep a spot - Cowan a fantastic Eg.
Played 7 games in his first year. Played 17 in year 2 and has been imo one of our most improved. Love how he goes about his footy. It just takes a couple of this group to make the jump. Not all of them are guaranteed.

I would be rapt with this type of outcome. Let North burn their money and high picks on Houston. Only makes sense if we know if 2 of Newman, Saad and Doc are finishing up very soon. Austin should not blink first here. But list balance and re-calibration is the goal.

Last edited:

Pick 11
Pick 12
Ben Campo
Lucas Campo

Haynes
Handy mature player
Handy mature role player

Like it in principle.

Depends who these mature players are and what positions they fill.

If it helps balance our list all for it šŸ‘

Pick 11
Pick 12
Ben Campo
Lucas Campo

Haynes
Handy mature player
Handy mature role player

There needs to be some player acquisitions in there from other clubs, to me this looks good on paper but guarantees little, the last 10 years is full of teams having multiple top picks and stuffing them.

We need a few role players in positions of need

Out:

marchbank
Cunners
Martin
Young
Carroll
Owies
Kennedy
Akuei
Mirkov
S. Durdin

In:
Campos x 2
11 (berry)
12 (Hotton)
Konstanty
Haynes
DGB
Laverde
Boyd upgrade

They have Reid & probably Parker coming off the books, they shouldn't have too much difficulty in freeing up space for Warner, should he wish to stay.
In any event, Papley would have no shortage of suitors. There's no need for them to move him on for minimal return.

IDK why there is so much love for Hotton. He wonā€™t play next year due to his knee injury. If we have 2 players first round picks I hope itā€™s Travaglia and Berry.

IDK why there is so much love for Hotton. He wonā€™t play next year due to his knee injury. If we have 2 players first round picks I hope itā€™s Travaglia and Berry.
Itā€™s not just about next year though. The kid projects as a gun. But he actually could play the back half anyways.

We arenā€™t going to the draft this year thinking 1st year draftees are going to get us a premiership. Hotton could have 12 plus years, so missing a few months in his 1st year I donā€™t think Austin and co will remove him from their draft board for this reason.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 List Management Part 2 šŸ“ƒ

Remove this Banner Ad

Back