Ben Campo
Lucas Campo

Haynes
A very good mature player
Handy mature player
Handy mature role player

McCartin as rookie or late pick
Then trial a few for SSP over summer
Is that the varied description for Haynes, or 4 inbound players, incl Haynes (unfort think heā€™s well past it at AFL level).

Really depends on who they are and what points of difference they offer..I.e. wasnā€™t happy with Fanta last off-season and wouldnā€™t want someone similar.

Would really like to reduce the # of players from other clubs and produce our own from drafting.

Statistically he and Weitering are the same player. Their stats are virtually identical. Yet we lord one as some kind of god and the other one garbage.
Statically Kiwi fruit has the same vitamin c level as Pineapple - they are two very different things thou

Statistically he and Weitering are the same player. Their stats are virtually identical. Yet we lord one as some kind of god and the other one garbage.

The eye test tells you very differently, he loses so many 1on1 contests itā€™s not funny

If he was that good I donā€™t think Essendon would be looking to move him on

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Iā€™m very much in favour of picking up Laverde. He has his flaws like all players, but I think heā€™d do well next to Weiters. Definite upgrade on what we currently have.

Iā€™m very much in favour of picking up Laverde. He has his flaws like all players, but I think heā€™d do well next to Weiters. Definite upgrade on what we currently have.
Feel for Laverde somewhat, never really played consistently on a 3rd tall, which seems to be a better match up for him

Feel for Laverde somewhat, never really played consistently on a 3rd tall, which seems to be a better match up for him
Same. From my limited viewing of * last season, it seemed that he got the toughest match up while McKay/Ridley got easier match ups. Think he would look better on the second/third tall.

I also hope that McKay learns to play a role like Joe Daniher does.
Feel like he is already doing this. Goes into the ruck for us and when he is forward gets up the ground and is pretty much the best up the ground forward in the comp bar Jeremy Cameron. All that and still being one of the better forwards i50.

You don't compare any players let alone defenders based on simple stats. If you watch the two play they are in different worlds - Laverde is genuinely closer to Dom Akuei than Jacob Weitering.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

sacha baron cohen party hard GIF
one small forward
then optional

How would people feel if we end with

Pick 11
Pick 12
Ben Campo
Lucas Campo

Haynes
A very good mature player
Handy mature player
Handy mature role player

McCartin as rookie or late pick
Then trial a few for SSP over summer
If it improves us than, would be Stokedā€¦

The list numbers donā€™t work though.. Weā€™d have to trade out more than Kennedy, Owies, Young and Carroll.

Last edited:
Itā€™s not just about next year though. The kid projects as a gun. But he actually could play the back half anyways.

We arenā€™t going to the draft this year thinking 1st year draftees are going to get us a premiership. Hotton could have 12 plus years, so missing a few months in his 1st year I donā€™t think Austin and co will remove him from their draft board for this reason.
Thatā€™s what most on here said about Ollie, he went at pick 35 and hasnā€™t played a game due to injuriesā€¦

Thatā€™s what most on here said about Ollie, he went at pick 35 and hasnā€™t played a game due to injuriesā€¦

He's played plenty in the vfl so can't blame injuries alone.

Anyway Taj isn't his brother and isnt nessecarily injury prone. He just did his knee. Plenty of young players have come back off knee injuries and been fairly durable. Doesn't seem to be one of those "a sign of things to come" injuries. Just bad luck.

He's played plenty in the vfl so can't blame injuries alone.

Anyway Taj isn't his brother and isnt nessecarily injury prone. He just did his knee. Plenty of young players have come back off knee injuries and been fairly durable. Doesn't seem to be one of those "a sign of things to come" injuries. Just bad luck.
Certainly are brothers

Sorry I put that wrong lol. I meant to say that Taj isn't his brother in the sense that Ollies injuries are not his injuries.

Jonty Scharenberg knows what you mean.

Lemmey is the wildcard. Has ability but flaky. 200cm KPP that if he can step up can really make a difference. 3rd year so it's time to start showing something.

I kinda wish we'd been able to give him the games at the end of the season. I hear many of the same criticisms in his game as what I did a few years ago with TDK.

Had he gotten those two games he'd be entering his third season on exactly the same footing that Tom did. Tom got 7 games in his third season and started his slow ascension over the next couple of years before becoming a regular in 2022 (his fifth year in the system).

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 List Management Part 2 šŸ“ƒ

Remove this Banner Ad

Back