List Mgmt. 2024 List Management Part 2 šŸ“ƒ

Remove this Banner Ad

Weitering lost 11.1% of his defensive 1v1s this year, the highest rated KPD in this stat.

Laverde lost 35.7% with only a couple of KPD worse than him.

Laverdeā€™s not a key defender, and I donā€™t want him as a third tall either.

But my eye test was right, loses the 1v1 more than 1 every 3 times, doubt he wins more 1v1ā€™s than Weitering loses either

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Would love to see some comparable stats.

C.Cameron was a rookie pick in 2013.
Played 7 games for 9 goals in 2014
Played 22 games for 20 goals in 2015.

He played 73 games and kicked 87 goals for Crows before being traded to Brisbane at end of 2017.

He has played 153 games and kicked 317 goals for Brisbane since joining them.

Who's aren't?

On SM-F926B using BigFooty.com mobile app
Work Yes GIF by Offline Granny!

I have been hoping we might have a crack at Braeden Campbell but haven't heard anything. He's what we need
Travaglia I saw for our reserves and was very impressive. Good skills and a calm head off HB
Berry I would love. He is definitely what we need

I still believe our biggest improvement will come from within. We just need to stay fit

Walsh Cerra Acres Saad Fogarty Motlop Docherty Silvagni Durdin had years ruined by injury and are much better than they showed
I have high hopes that Kemp Moir Lord Binns Ollie Elijah Wilson Cowan Cincotta to really improve in 2025

Cripps & Weitering just need to maintain their standards from 2024

TDK is a genuine star, as is Charlie. They were done at end of year when it mattered

I also hope that McKay learns to play a role like Joe Daniher does. He would massively influence games this way. O'Keefe could play this as well

Lemmey is the wildcard. Has ability but flaky. 200cm KPP that if he can step up can really make a difference. 3rd year so it's time to start showing something.

This is BEFORE we add anyone
Re: Cripps and Weitering - JUST record breaking Brownlow and AA form? Oh, ye of little faith.

On SM-F926B using BigFooty.com mobile app

AFL Trade Radio
@traderadio
St Kilda has put a BIG deal in front of GWS defender Leek Aleer.
He would have left for those dollars then realised it was the Saints putting forward that deal. He knew it was best for his career not to join them because thatā€™s where players go to die

Right now, I'd take Laverde over Kemp as a 3rd tall defender, but hopefully he continues to develop, preferably as a forward
If it gave Kemp more time to develop I'd agree, Laverde is the better option at the moment.

However I'm not sure if I see Kemp as a forward. He seems to struggle with forward craft /leading patterns. He tends to lead his defender directly towards contests he should be drawing them away from in order to allow the other forward a 1 on 1 opportunity. He showed this with Harry during the finals, which resulted in his direct opponent coming in and affecting the marking contest.

Question is whether he can learn that craft. I'm not sure either way since it was a small sample size at AFL level.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If it gave Kemp more time to develop I'd agree, Laverde is the better option at the moment.

However I'm not sure if see Kemp as a forward. He seems to struggle with forward craft /leading patterns. He tends to lead his defender to contests he should be drawing them away from to allow the other forward a 1 on 1 opportunity. He showed this with Harry during finals, which resulted in his direct opponent coming in and affecting the marking contest.

Question is whether he can learn that craft. I'm not sure either way since it was a small sample size at AFL level.
He would have spent limited time training there & when he did it was without one or both of the primary targets. If he does transition forward permanently, coaching & reps will help him make the adjustment.
I still like him as a more traditional hbf though.

I don't think third tall defender is Kemp's best position. In fact I think that is playing him as much out of position as playing him as a key position player. McGovern is good at it. Kemp's best footy in defence is half back, anywhere he has the freedom to get up the field. I still think he would be a really good wing or third tall forward. He is a very offensive player that we have locked into week after week in defensive roles. It's up to the coaches.

If Laverde is the better option, then we're asking the wrong questions
I see it as a stop gap solution. Laverde is 28 turning 29 and he will fill a role while Kemp continues to grow out of his bad habits as a defender and learn his craft.

He's 23 so has time on his side as a kpp to learn.

However I do have concerns he may become a "what if" player. He has some really lovely traits and skills but at the moment he still hasn't cemented a position you can play him in (VFL or AFL)

I'd love for him to succeed and I've been an advocate of him playing in lieu of other players this year, but he really does need to cement a position down for his future career.

He would have spent limited time training there & when he did it was without one or both of the primary targets. If he does transition forward permanently, coaching & reps will help him make the adjustment.
I still like him as a more traditional hbf though.
Limited time with Harry & Charlie I'd agree, but he did originally played as a forward in the VFL until the coaches put him in the backline to learn.

It will interesting to see how he come on next year

Out:

marchbank
Cunners
Martin
Young
Carroll
Owies
Kennedy
Akuei
Mirkov
S. Durdin

In:
Campos x 2
11 (berry)
12 (Hotton)
Konstanty
Haynes
Papley (salary dump for swans and they keep Warner from going to Perth-future 2nd rounder and take his salary)
DGB
Laverde
Boyd upgrade

F1 and owies for 12 with GC.

This is what I think will be our off season. DGB and laverde cheap KPDs konstanty and papley from an elite Sydney squad. Hit the draft and get berry another small forward also allows durdin (better mid imo), and Fogarty to play midfield. Get hotton so Elijah hollands can play full inside mid. Changes our midfield immensely. No need for Houston. Go bluss

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Interesting post to revisit. How are we tracking?

Limited time with Harry & Charlie I'd agree, but he did originally played as a forward in the VFL until the coaches put him in the backline to learn.

It will interesting to see how he come on next year
Kemp would have only played a couple of games(maybe less) as a VFL forward in my memory, forced to compensate for our constantly injured KPD's.

IMO Kemp is not a defender unless itā€™s playing the Jason Cloke role, which I reckon pretty much any decent footballer his height could do. Iā€™d like to see him re purposed as a forward as that seems to match his skill set better and comes with less risk to the team overall. Big year for Kemp in 2025 because if he fails as a forward Iā€™m not sure whatā€™s next for him. I donā€™t see any midfield traits in him at all.

I'd love to see Kemp off a wing.

He is and always will be limited as a KPP.

His best moments have been in transition. Naturally attacking, good speed, good peg, great option down the line.
Agreed. Can take the intercepting defensive marks by dropping back as an extra defender.

Heā€™s not a KPP

Alternatives;
HFF > mobile FF rotation with CC.

HFF > wing rotation with Acres (rate as a handy forward as well).

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 List Management Part 2 šŸ“ƒ

Remove this Banner Ad

Back