List Mgmt. 2024 List Management Part 2 šŸ“ƒ

Remove this Banner Ad

The way it looks now, we still need to clear 2 more list spots, and that is just to go to the draft. It's clear we don't have any spots left for other players to come in.

Oppo clubs would know this, that's why no offers for owies. Someone will peak him up as a DFA.

Carroll will be DFA also.

Only way they stay is if Kennedy and young go, which appears not to be likely.

Thinking about what sort of deal I am putting to GC for pick 13.

Let's think about what GC want

Well they need to get better value out of pick 13.

Currently it will be eaten by the Lombard bid

I reckon that pick 9 is about where the bid will come which will be 1175 points

Assuming GC has sold 13 that eats up 23 (815) and 29 (653) and gives them back pick 49

But they also have prospective no.1 next year Zeke Uwland (Bodhi's brother) to keep in mind.

They need 2025 draft capital.

They are probably going to sell more picks from this year's pool to build insurance that they get their man.

So how do we play to their interests to acquire what we want, pick 13?

First, we're going to be overpaying a bit, no use complaining, it's a seller's market and plenty of buyers.

But let's make things work.

First, we need a way to get more 2025 capital in the door. Two obvious options

Sell pick 34

Sell a player

These deals will need to happen before the GC deal, so it's got to be someone who a team wants and not an after thought.

This is why I think our first deal is Matt Kennedy and a Future 3rd for his preferred destinations Future 2nd and a back end pick this year for points (Camporeales)

We then add our new Future 2nd to our own Future 1st and offer that to GC for Pick 13 and pick 41.

Gold Coast don't care about this year's draft outside the top 10 and Lombard so I don't see them complaining about the late 2nd.

So now we have pick 12, 13, 34 and 41 and a ton of junk picks as the back of the draft.

From here you can choose your direction.

Dan Houston, draft whatever

On Pixel 7a using BigFooty.com mobile app

Thinking about what sort of deal I am putting to GC for pick 13.

Let's think about what GC want

Well they need to get better value out of pick 13.

Currently it will be eaten by the Lombard bid

I reckon that pick 9 is about where the bid will come which will be 1175 points

Assuming GC has sold 13 that eats up 23 (815) and 29 (653) and gives them back pick 49

But they also have prospective no.1 next year Zeke Uwland (Bodhi's brother) to keep in mind.

They need 2025 draft capital.

They are probably going to sell more picks from this year's pool to build insurance that they get their man.

So how do we play to their interests to acquire what we want, pick 13?

First, we're going to be overpaying a bit, no use complaining, it's a seller's market and plenty of buyers.

But let's make things work.

First, we need a way to get more 2025 capital in the door. Two obvious options

Sell pick 34

Sell a player

These deals will need to happen before the GC deal, so it's got to be someone who a team wants and not an after thought.

This is why I think our first deal is Matt Kennedy and a Future 3rd for his preferred destinations Future 2nd and a back end pick this year for points (Camporeales)

We then add our new Future 2nd to our own Future 1st and offer that to GC for Pick 13 and pick 41.

Gold Coast don't care about this year's draft outside the top 10 and Lombard so I don't see them complaining about the late 2nd.

So now we have pick 12, 13, 34 and 41 and a ton of junk picks as the back of the draft.

From here you can choose your direction.

Dan Houston, draft whatever

On Pixel 7a using BigFooty.com mobile app

Thatā€™s good and I see everyone else also saying GCS will want to maximize the points they get for Pick 13 to match but why arenā€™t they instead looking at moving up the draft into Top 7 to beat the bid on Lombard? They currently have picks 6, 13, 22 about 28 and about 40 etc. 13 + 22 could get them Saintsā€™ Pick 7 or maybe SOS will want 13 + 22 + 28 which also the Suns would probably pay.

Is there a reason why everyone assumes Suns will trade down instead of up? And for next season they canā€™t get ahead of the bid so can just use up first and second round picks and thatā€™s fine because they would end up with 2 Top 7 picks this season and another Top 5 pick next season. When you have so many Top 10-20 picks on your list you donā€™t need to worry about second round and third round draftees.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Thatā€™s good and I see everyone else also saying GCS will want to maximize the points they get for Pick 13 to match but why arenā€™t they instead looking at moving up the draft into Top 7 to beat the bid on Lombard? They currently have picks 6, 13, 22 about 28 and about 40 etc. 13 + 22 could get them Saintsā€™ Pick 7 or maybe SOS will want 13 + 22 + 28 which also the Suns would probably pay.

Is there a reason why everyone assumes Suns will trade down instead of up? And for next season they canā€™t get ahead of the bid so can just use up first and second round picks and thatā€™s fine because they would end up with 2 Top 7 picks this season and another Top 5 pick next season. When you have so many Top 10-20 picks on your list you donā€™t need to worry about second round and third round draftees.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
They will need picks to get Marshall also

They will need picks to get Marshall also
Marshall is Lions. Suns will need to match Lombard, which is relatively easy with the old system remaining.

Suns have multiple quality academy kids next year, including Zeke Uwland who was all Australian as an under ager this year and is currently in pick 1 conversations. They will be doing that with much tougher conditions. Lesser discount and removal of any value of later ā€œjunkā€ picks. Suns will absolutely want an extra first leading in to next yearā€™s draft plus what ever else they can reasonably acquire.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 List Management Part 2 šŸ“ƒ

Remove this Banner Ad

Back