List Mgmt. 2024 List Management thread - Trade Targets Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Exactly why you’d do it. To get Warner.
We only need one first round pick in next years draft to be in the Warner conversation.

It’s a bit like this year. We have a ridiculous amount of R1 picks and therefore Bolton is going to cost a ridiculous price.

If we only had pick 10 this year, we’d still get Bolton. For pick 10. Richmond would just
have to accept less and suck it up.

Geelong are going to get smith on the cheap because they only have pick 15.
If they had pick 8 and pick 15, he would cost both of them most likely.

You can’t pay what you don’t have.

Use the picks this year.

We only need one first round pick in next years draft to be in the Warner conversation.

It’s a bit like this year. We have a ridiculous amount of R1 picks and therefore Bolton is going to cost a ridiculous price.

If we only had pick 10 this year, we’d still get Bolton. For pick 10. Richmond would just

Use the picks this year.

100%, there is no such thing as a bidding war for trades in terms of picks, the player will choose the team he wants to go to and that's that. If we move a pick into next year all we are doing is paying more than we need to trade wise for Warner if he chooses us.

I’d be open to trading into next year only if we have a decent draft hand for this year.

Pick 27, Pick 40-odd and Pick 60+ doesn’t quite cut it.

If we could turn Pick 10 and Pick 40-odd into Pick 25 and a F1 I’d consider. I recognise that’s a reasonably lopsided trade in our favour but that’s a lopsided trade in our favour what be what I’d need to consider it.

I’d be open to trading into next year only if we have a decent draft hand for this year.

Pick 27, Pick 40-odd and Pick 60+ doesn’t quite cut it.

If we could turn Pick 10 and Pick 40-odd into Pick 25 and a F1 I’d consider. I recognise that’s a reasonably lopsided trade in our favour but that’s a lopsided trade in our favour what be what I’d need to consider it.
That’s lopsided against us?!
Every club in the league bar 3 or 4 would do that for pick 10 without a second thought.
Pick 10 this year is worth more than all but maybe three F1s

As Ive said previously I haven’t seen everyone in this draft but I’ve seen a fair bit of Allan. I quite like reading your opinion on here btw but I’m not with you on this one unless there’s an insane amount of talent in the top 15 tbh. Allan to me looks as talented as previous WA draftees that have gone around 7-10 on draft day, in some cases more talented. Might not be the absolute ideal fit in terms of the type of player he is but he’s going to be a very good footballer IMO.

I agree that Allan looks as good, if not better, than the likes of other recent WA picks like Ginbey and Johnson. Erasmus was the best of the U18s for me though.

I guess ultimately it comes down to the fact that I think guys like Reid, Berry, Travaglia and Lindsay are better prospects - and better fits for us. And the WA factor doesn’t get Allan over the line for me.

I also wouldn’t be surprised if Hamish Davis ended up the better WA player. Riskier, but potential ceiling is higher I think. And given we have very limited list spots (unless guys like Switkowski and Brodie request trades), I’d be more interested in finding a way to maximise our picks around 20-30 as opposed to taking Allan in the top 15.

I’m certainly not going to be unhappy with Allan though.

Use the picks this year.
Isn't trading two years worth of future picks on the horizon next year? I think that will make it more likely clubs pay fair price

He's not wrong about Cox. WTF were we thinking

Probably that if we hadn't signed Cox and Darcy that both would be about to make our draft hand #9, #10, #11 and #12 except our ruckman would be a WAFL level guy and we'd be relying on a junior to fill a hole down back as plan A.

Probably that if we hadn't signed Cox and Darcy that both would be about to make our draft hand #9, #10, #11 and #12 except our ruckman would be a WAFL level guy and we'd be relying on a junior to fill a hole down back as plan A.
Cox was not leaving WA. 4 years would’ve been enough.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I am expecting Cox to look like Jeremy McGovern the year before Tasmania come in, and if he does then we will lose him to them.

That's why I think his contract locks him in for the rest of his career.

I am expecting Cox to look like Jeremy McGovern the year before Tasmania come in, and if he does then we will lose him to them.

That's why I think his contract locks him in for the rest of his career.
There is a strong argument McGovern is one of the best key defenders of all time. 5 AA awards is in Scarlett/SOS areas in terms of ranking.

As for Cox? Well Josh Draper is coming hard for his position and is a much better player at his age than Cox was.

Never really understood the cox hype. Never thought he was in the best 4 defenders list. That said I’m not sure why he features in this discussion. If we are thinking of trading him I would hold till needs press next year or for the Tazi draft

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Last edited:
There is a strong argument McGovern is one of the best key defenders of all time. 5 AA awards is in Scarlett/SOS areas in terms of ranking.

As for Cox? Well Josh Draper is coming hard for his position and is a much better player at his age than Cox was.
Cox was playing forward at Draper's age

These lists are all guess work. Only clubs & players know what they are on. Kane bangs on about darcy and Jackson bangs on 1mil a season which we all know is not true

Even if we do land Bolton I still think our small forward needs are more drastic than our midfield needs. I hoping we use our first for that.
Premo mids from the 2nd round are surprisingly common.

So allen would be nice but I’ll take a small forward thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

The biggest concern I have with Cox’s contract is what we do with Josh Draper. The kid playing as a 2nd or 3rd tall has the potential to be really special.

Ryan isn’t going anywhere either so it really leaves Cox and maybe the potential of playing all three KPDs with Ryan. I think Draper is athletic enough and has good enough skills it could almost work. Let’s not for one second think he could replace a genuinely good rebound defender though.

Cox was playing forward at Draper's age

These lists are all guess work. Only clubs & players know what they are on. Kane bangs on about darcy and Jackson bangs on 1mil a season which we all know is not true
Oh i agree the list is bullshit.
I thought cox was on about $650 to 700k anyway. Not that bad all up. He’s probably out 10th best player and maybe paid in our top 7. Wouldn’t say he’s underpaid or anything but certainly far from the AFLs worst deal.

I noticed there was no port players either on Kane’s list 🤔

Oh i agree the list is bullshit.
I thought cox was on about $650 to 700k anyway. Not that bad all up. He’s probably out 10th best player and maybe paid in our top 7. Wouldn’t say he’s underpaid or anything but certainly far from the AFLs worst deal.

I noticed there was no port players either on Kane’s list 🤔
I might ring in tomorrow to question him. Tom Morris Reported on channel 9 Esava is on $750-800k a season yet he's not on that list

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 List Management thread - Trade Targets Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back