List Mgmt. 2024 List Management thread - Trade Targets Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

So trade radio is 11 hours a day for 15 days? Thats 165 hours of content.

The audiobook for War and Peace is 61 hours. So you could listen to War and Peace almost 3 times in this time period.

I really don't think there is enough meat on them bones to justify this amount of discussion.
It must have a lot of cash in it ie a lot of listeners. I wonder how much they make out of War & Peace?

So Warner and McDonald are worth Picks 7, 9, a future first from St Kilda (a similar pick next year) and pick 27.

Seems legit. There's a very strong case to be made that Brayshaw is actually a better footballer than Warner.

Wish I could get paid to write this sh**. I'd probably need to live in another country with no Internet for twelve months to actually be clueless enough to think up trades as bad as Adam Cooney and convince myself they're decent though.

Oscar Allen is about as likely to leave West Coast as Brayshaw is to leave us or a Logan McDonald leaving Sydney after being contracted five ago as well.

Last edited:
I agree that Allan looks as good, if not better, than the likes of other recent WA picks like Ginbey and Johnson. Erasmus was the best of the U18s for me though.

I guess ultimately it comes down to the fact that I think guys like Reid, Berry, Travaglia and Lindsay are better prospects - and better fits for us. And the WA factor doesn’t get Allan over the line for me.

I also wouldn’t be surprised if Hamish Davis ended up the better WA player. Riskier, but potential ceiling is higher I think. And given we have very limited list spots (unless guys like Switkowski and Brodie request trades), I’d be more interested in finding a way to maximise our picks around 20-30 as opposed to taking Allan in the top 15.

I’m certainly not going to be unhappy with Allan though.
Chris

Just a shout out- I really appreciate your input.

We're lucky to have you.

If we bring Bolton and another small forward and HBF onto our list this year I can easily see midfield being our biggest need in 2025.

No idea what people are on about saying Allan isn’t a player we should target. He can play most positions on the ground that aren’t key position, he’s a good athlete for his size and has already played plenty of footy against men. If we draft him he’ll be a solid contributor for us as soon as 2026.
You could say the exact same things about Devon Robertson.

They're just made to be provocative.

Eagle's fans get mad cause they trade their skipper.

Saint's fans get teased by a big fish.

Freo fans get mad by landing a key forward we don't want or need and losing a leader and star.

Swans' fans get mad cause they lose Chad and Logan, who a lot still overrate, and think can be a star.

Perfect storm for clicks and shares.
"Light hearted entertainment" might be the best description. The melts and clicks are a side bonus.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Personally I wouldn’t have Allan as a top target. Got nothing to do with him not being a quality prospect, but I just think we have bigger needs. Allan doesn’t really offer much that Johnson, O’Driscoll and Erasmus don’t already give us.

Others around the same mark offer far better skills, speed or goal kicking. All things I would target first.

I’d probably trade that pick for a future first, target someone like Davis or Oliver with our first live pick and then Urquhart later as midfield depth - rather than just take Allan.
Assuming Bolton is 9 and 16, there's nothing else significant enough to involve pick 10, and we don't trade pick 10 into the future: would you want us to trade down from 10? If yes, would you feel differently if we somehow managed to make it 10 and 16 (with significant steak knives going Richmond's way)?

It feels like that's around the first drop-off point (bearing in mind father-son and maybe academy): if you're holding a pick btwn 5 and 8 you're likely gonna get someone that a team in the top 3 was having a serious look at, but 9 and 10 maybe not so much.

I dunno. Im seriously starting to think its only Bolton. Im greedy though so thought Pickett was a shout.
Most likely it will be just Bolton but I dont think they will die wondering, even if we dont get to hear the full story.

100%, there is no such thing as a bidding war for trades in terms of picks, the player will choose the team he wants to go to and that's that. If we move a pick into next year all we are doing is paying more than we need to trade wise for Warner if he chooses us.
Unless the eagles trade to grt better pick to offer

Curious we've had not one interview anywhere from the club yet. There must be some serious machinations going on behind close doors they cant risk talking about yet.
I can't wait for this all to kick off, it's going to be extra spicy.

I told everyone we'd win everything after we got O'Meara and Jackson, alongside a fit Fyfe returning, I am ready to feel this level of unbridled delusional confidence all over again.

Assuming Bolton is 9 and 16, there's nothing else significant enough to involve pick 10, and we don't trade pick 10 into the future: would you want us to trade down from 10? If yes, would you feel differently if we somehow managed to make it 10 and 16 (with significant steak knives going Richmond's way)?

It feels like that's around the first drop-off point (bearing in mind father-son and maybe academy): if you're holding a pick btwn 5 and 8 you're likely gonna get someone that a team in the top 3 was having a serious look at, but 9 and 10 maybe not so much.
I wouldn't mind if we got out in front of it and see what we could get for pick 10 in a split. Then maybe go after Gold Coast's pick maybe...or anything to get more flexibility this year or next.

No you couldn't. Devon Robertson is average - he'll get 2-3 years at West Coast before dropping out of the AFL system altogether.
Did you really just compare it to Devon Robertson of today? Clearly I'm referring to pre-draft Devon Robertson when he was still considered to be a good prospect.

You're actually making my case for me.

Says idiotic things... regularly.... but by doing so has forged him a lucrative position in the media.
And on purpose - the term “shock jock” is so spot on. He makes his money talking shite knowing he will never be held accountable - as long as it generates strong emotions from those looking at it, hes winning

I trust Ryan Daniels and even he hasn't heard anything
That's very obviously a white lie, he hasnt heard anything he's allowed to go with or no one will give him anything with where it's all at.

Despite my made up stories years ago, there is no way they are sitting around twiddling their thumbs given the names linked to us and the haul we have. Nothing is off the table... yet

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 List Management thread - Trade Targets Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back