List Mgmt. 2024 List Management thread - Trade Targets Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

We can’t trade 10 & 11 for Bolton if we don’t have one of them. I say we do what St Kilda did when we were after their top pick for Hill (6 from memory). Trade/split that thing first up, then offer the two best picks we have.

If for no other reason than to see the melts.

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app

I’m not against this. Would be ballsy, but if you remember Saints came to us with the deal first and we initially refused, they then traded it away.

We could pull the same trick for Bolton. In the end they overpaid for Hill and we got Serong. Or was it Young.

This week

Everyone said Jackson would drag out it got done pretty early

Just think everything I’ve seen both clubs are on a similar page. They’ll meet in middle somewhere

It meets all the criteria to become a trade that lasts until the very last day IMO. Yet so did Jackson.

It’ll get done 100% - that’s all I take from what’s been reported tbh. I don’t read it as it’ll be done early.

We can’t trade 10 & 11 for Bolton if we don’t have one of them. I say we do what St Kilda did when we were after their top pick for Hill (6 from memory). Trade/split that thing first up, then offer the two best picks we have.

If for no other reason than to see the melts.

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app
Don't think we want to split though, whole point of keeping 11 is to use it (or use for possible Kozzy)

No reason for Richmond to get it done early. It’ll get done well before the deadline, but probably in the second week.

Goes on for way too long anyway. Clubs have heaps of time to discuss everything before hand

No reason for Richmond to get it done early. It’ll get done well before the deadline, but probably in the second week.

Goes on for way too long anyway. Clubs have heaps of time to discuss everything before hand
Sure there is. Clubs are going to go hard for Richmond’s picks to try to move players.

I could be wrong but I reckon they just get it done early.

No need to drag it out. As I said both sides seem very similar in there ideas for the trade

Last edited:
Fremantle are confident none of their contracted players will request to leave the club during a trade period where they are tipped to be major players.

The Dockers have been heavily criticised in recent years for losing established players to other clubs as they look to finally break through for a maiden premiership.

Last year they were shocked by a trade request from small forward Lachie Schultz who wanted to head to Collingwood, while Liam Henry (St Kilda) was also traded out and Joel Hamling joined Sydney as a free agent.

This followed a mass exodus of players in 2022, with Blake Acres (Carlton), Griffin Logue, Darcy Tucker (both North Melbourne), Rory Lobb (Western Bulldogs) and Lloyd Meek (Hawthorn) all exiting the club after their finals campaign.

Fremantle list boss David Walls said he didn’t expect any of their players to request trades this year.

“I’d be very surprised if anyone moved. I don’t think there’s anything to any rumour” he told The West.

“All the feedback from the players and the managers are really strong. They believe where we’re going, what we’re doing and are invested in the club.

“All the conversations are super positive, and no one is heading anywhere. I will say this time last year we didn’t know Lachie Schultz was going to request a trade, that came on the first day of trade period. So that was a bit of a shock.

“These things do happen but I’m not expecting any movement or any players to be asking to move in the trade period.”

Instead, Fremantle have become the hunters thanks to the three first-round picks they’ve obtained through shrewd deals in recent years.

Richmond star forward Shai Bolton is expected to cost them two of those picks in a high-profile trade, while they missed out on his Tigers teammate Liam Baker who has decided to head to West Coast.

Delisted Carlton forward Jack Martin was also in their sights, but he’s landed on Geelong where he will head as a free agent.

“A lot of work’s been done. We’re pretty well placed for whichever way it goes,” Walls said.

“Free agency, we won’t be involved in but we’re looking at the trade period. We’ve got the three first-rounders plus pick No.27 (now No.29) and we’re looking at a few different types of players to bring in through trade.

“If it doesn’t go that way, we’re comfortable going to the draft as well and recognise there’s a heap of good players, a lot of depth and we’ll be able to find something in there that’ll work well for us.”

Fremantle will also wait until the end of the trade period to decide on the future of uncontracted trio Tom Emmett, Odin Jones and Max Knobel.

“All the conversations are super positive, and no one is heading anywhere. I will say this time last year we didn’t know Lachie Schultz was going to request a trade, that came on the first day of trade period. So that was a bit of a shock.
So still looks like someone could be on the move. Can't wait to find out who!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So still looks like someone could be on the move. Can't wait to find out who!

I wouldnt blame Brodie if he requested a trade back home. Poor bugger deserves more time than what he's been given.

Club should encouraging Will Brodie to have a look around tbh.

Don’t see the point of delisting Max Knobel or Odin Jones as we probably want a developing ruck and developing forward on our list but probably don’t want to use a decent draft selection on them. Much better just to give what we already have another look in 2025 imo.

I don't think he has any takers.

Man, In his first season with us he was going great guns, I don't understand why he was cut from the regular side?
To be honest I don't follow much WAFL but did he get bad ? or is he just unlucky?

Man, In his first season with us he was going great guns, I don't understand why he was cut from the regular side?
To be honest I don't follow much WAFL but did he get bad ? or is he just unlucky?
Honestly he really hasn't impressed me much for Peel this year. There's been maybe one game where I thought he dominated comfortably. Worner has been more impressive. Looked better last year. I just don't see a regular spot for him with Young and Johnson moving into the midfield.

Hello Kozzy
Rip Pray GIF

I think he excelled and only got games because Fyfe was out and he roated with Mundy a lot. He was always on limited minutes because of his gas tank.
Honestly he really hasn't impressed me much for Peel this year. There's been maybe one game where I thought he dominated comfortably. Worner has been more impressive. Looked better last year. I just don't see a regular spot for him with Young and Johnson moving into the midfield.
His numbers for Peel are impressive but he obviously has minimal impact, he hardly polled in the sandover count. Commenters on the pages screaming to give him a game obviously only look at the stats

Club should encouraging Will Brodie to have a look around tbh.

Don’t see the point of delisting Max Knobel or Odin Jones as we probably want a developing ruck and developing forward on our list but probably don’t want to use a decent draft selection on them. Much better just to give what we already have another look in 2025 imo.
There’s no takers in Brodie unfortunately

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 List Management thread - Trade Targets Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back