List Mgmt. 2024 List Management thread - Trade Targets Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Longmire is also very good with the players.
If he is moved on from Sydney, I feel we should do whatever we can to get him.

On SM-G960F using BigFooty.com mobile app
Longmire is a double threat, good with player relationships and good with strategy.

Us getting him would be a good ambition, but he'd have a big queue of suitors that would be less disruptive to his current life than moving here.

In an even competition, is it too simple to say the finishing position of the first ten sides correlates closely to a ranking of their coaches?

Can you please ask this on the Port Adelaide board? 😂

For what it's worth (not much), I think Ken is a really good coach with an average list after the top handful of players

My mail today before the game was Warner/Dean cox could very well be a package deal go WC next year.

Its potentially why WC have been holding off announcing there coach.

The Cox denials is just PR spin to make the scent go away so there was no chatter during the Swans finals campaign

I suspect though today's result may force Sydney into a succession plan for 2026 with Cox to take over.

It's now or never for the Swans to make there move is Cox the man to take over after Longmire or not

I suspect Dean's management will ask the question now of Sydney how much longer do they want him to wait.
I suggest you place that mail back in the envelope and set it on fire.

Watching the podcast with JL… he’s not it.
Been saying this. Massively underachieved the last 2 years and now we are going to waste another season before finding a replacement. This group with 2 years less experience finished 5th and won a final in 22. Lobb Mundy Tabs and Colyer missing from that team?

Eagles brought Sam Mitchel in a mentor role/ player , they won a flag. Brisbane brought Cotchin a mentor , they got a flag. Who we can bring? JLO can bring Pendleberry when he retires?

On SM-S918B using BigFooty.com mobile app
Add Hodge as well who assisted the rise from not making the 8 to a top 4 team.

Murphy has gone back to Victoria and getting in a "culture guy" would be a smart move.

bored waiting GIF

Trade buzz: Saints to play hardball over Jack Macrae, Fremantle unveil plans for Shai Bolton, Liam Baker

St Kilda won’t part with pick 43 for Jack Macrae, while Freo has been plotting how to snare both Liam Baker and Shai Bolton. Plus, the latest on Jake Stringer. JON RALPH has all the latest trade buzz.

Trade buzz: Saints to play hardball over Jack Macrae, Fremantle unveil plans for Shai Bolton, Liam Baker​

St Kilda won’t part with pick 43 for Jack Macrae, while Freo has been plotting how to snare both Liam Baker and Shai Bolton. Plus, the latest on Jake Stringer. JON RALPH has all the latest trade buzz.
One of the best parts about the trade stuff taking over is their should be a bunch of other journalists we can read/listen to rather than Ralph.

Been saying this. Massively underachieved the last 2 years and now we are going to waste another season before finding a replacement. This group with 2 years less experience finished 5th and won a final in 22. Lobb Mundy Tabs and Colyer missing from that team?
And Acres and Schultz?

Lobb and Tabs were top 10 contested marks. As maligned as they were it was still a massive loss structurally when Lobb left and Tabs body failed him. This exodus on top of Hogan going?

2022 Mundy was outplaying 2024 MJ but club wanted to put games into youth.

Haven’t yet replaced Schultz.

NOD injured so couldn’t replace Acres.

Clubs need a few seasons of stability to be challenging and our flux of changes has impacted us but plenty of reasons to be optimistic.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

And Acres and Schultz?

Lobb and Tabs were top 10 contested marks. As maligned as they were it was still a massive loss structurally when Lobb left and Tabs body failed him. This exodus on top of Hogan going?

2022 Mundy was outplaying 2024 MJ but club wanted to put games into youth.

Haven’t yet replaced Schultz.

NOD injured so couldn’t replace Acres.

Clubs need a few seasons of stability to be challenging and our flux of changes has impacted us but plenty of reasons to be optimistic.
Stability is the key.

We have got the list to win it, and all attempts should be made to keep it together

I can imagine what people would be saying about JL if we’d just been flogged by 10 goals in a GF & lost 4 deciders 3 by blowouts yet Longmire is a genius & we should go all out to get him?

Spare me.
Not that it would happen but Freo would be silly not to look at it. Hes coached in 4 more Grand Finals than Freo has as a club.

Watching Brisbane pick the zone a part was a thing of beauty.

And it super frustrating watching us go down the line again and again.

Do we have class in our back half to pick zones a part.
That's the number reason I want JL gone. His lack of creativity makes it easy to scout.

We should have 5 or 6 set pieces from a kick out and it seems like we kick long 80-90% of the time.

Also, stated by others we have Ryan kicking out majority of the time. I want a kick out from a person who can hit the short and medium targets and the ability to carry the ball. We Ryan kicks out, the player guarding him is 40m from goal and stops any medium kick to the middle. If we have somebody who could run and carry, it stretches the zone.

JL needs to change this, or he needs to go.

That's the number reason I want JL gone. His lack of creativity makes it easy to scout.

We should have 5 or 6 set pieces from a kick out and it seems like we kick long 80-90% of the time.

Also, stated by others we have Ryan kicking out majority of the time. I want a kick out from a person who can hit the short and medium targets and the ability to carry the ball. We Ryan kicks out, the player guarding him is 40m from goal and stops any medium kick to the middle. If we have somebody who could run and carry, it stretches the zone.

JL needs to change this, or he needs to go.
Well Chris Scott seems to think this a strength of Freo. We play our plan A exceptionally well.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 List Management thread - Trade Targets Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back