List Mgmt. 2024 List Management thread - Trade Targets Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

I dont think Brodie is that good, I've been as critical and keen to move him on as anyone but the overarching criticism is they dont have a proper clearance mid. Just a possible case of a team with a history of getting something out of "nothing" players slotting someone in for a specific role
I like him as a back up. Just can’t see anyone really going for him. Let alone Sydney.

Not many inside midfielders get traded these days clubs usually draft them

Wow Melbourne supporters are straight up delusional about their chances of contending again. They are no where near it. They have time for a mini reset but they need to trade out a few players.

I like him as a back up. Just can’t see anyone really going for him. Let alone Sydney.

Not many inside midfielders get traded these days clubs usually draft them
Sydney could do both I think and have it only cost an extra list spot. Just seems like one of the few options for him that can be reasoned to make sense IMO.

Maybe Deven Robertson.

Mills was already pushed out of their centre square set up as he isn't a great clearance winner, and Parker has been phased out this year.

There's a role there for a big bodied first possession player. I'm not saying Brodie is it but I'm not sure they go chips in on Heeney, Rowbottom, Warner, Gulden again?
Nah, Mills had a good season or two adjusting in the middle. He produced good results there and is their captain, that's where he will play. He was just badly injured and recovering fitness this season, he'll be back in the rotation when fully fit.

Give every team a pool of points based on ladder position.

Then each pick is bid on, players cost points not picks, FA compo comes out of your points pool.

Will also see a few more player for player trades.
Go 1 step further. Only be able to use points and no picks in the first round and make it that top 3 picks is impossible to be taken by the team that finished first to third

Give every team a pool of points based on ladder position.

Then each pick is bid on, players cost points not picks, FA compo comes out of your points pool.

Will also see a few more player for player trades.
This close to my favourite solution and I don't see any downside on it. I've even put a lot of thought into it.

There is now the draft night and auction night. All points players go up for auction with all teams bar their club (academy or F/S) live bidding for the player. Once done, the club they are tied to has a chance to match the bid with a discount percent tied to ladder position.

Pros:
  • Crazy level of strategizing required and makes list managers really earn their salt
  • Makes it impossible for players to be taken cheaply and by top 4 clubs without A LOT of points.
  • Draft stops being stupidly compromised and makes picks actually reflective of their value
  • Most importantly, a great product to sell and a lot of fun

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nah, Mills had a good season or two adjusting in the middle. He produced good results there and is their captain, that's where he will play. He was just badly injured and recovering fitness this season, he'll be back in the rotation when fully fit.
Fair, but disagree. His CBAs had declined year on year for three years 21 to 23, nothing to do with this season, they were already using him in roles outside the centre square. Even as a primary mid he wasn't a primary clearance player.

Using this:

Then using thirty eight primary list spots:

Adelaide, Brisbane and Sydney haven't had their list changes publicly yet.

Carlton: 4 picks
Pies: 2 picks
Essendon: 4 picks
Fremantle: 5 picks
Geelong: 6 picks
Gold Coast: 3 picks
GWS: 5 picks
Hawks: 1 pick
Melbourne: 6 picks
North: 5 picks
Port: 3 picks
Richmond: 7 picks
St Kilda: 6 picks
West Coast: 2 picks
Bulldogs: 3 picks

I believe these picks are after the additions of Cumming, Haynes, Perryman, Graham
Can't be bothered doing this for everyone but we've effectively delisted one rookie (Voss in, Kuek and Stanley out) so the only way we get to 38 players is by upgrading a rookie. Four picks maximum unless we delist someone else.

Tbh the numbers you've posted are very much the very start of forming a picture of what's going to happen on draft night.

Can't be bothered doing this for everyone but we've effectively delisted one rookie (Voss in, Kuek and Stanley out) so the only way we get to 38 players is by upgrading a rookie. Four picks maximum unless we delist someone else.

Tbh the numbers you've posted are very much the very start of forming a picture of what's going to happen on draft night.

There's so much to go, I would expect all the clubs to have built their own little tracker to identify which clubs have surplus picks or surplus list spaces.

Isiah Winder is a late invite to the WA State Combine.

Thinking there must be a bit of interest now. Probably one to watch for us as a DFA if we trade too many of our picks.
Can't Souths have any nice things?

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 List Management thread - Trade Targets Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back