List Mgmt. 2024 List Management thread - Trade Targets Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

And Pav is gone, the club didn't fold and we're all still here. Just like if Brayshaw left. The sun would still come up and the supporters would remain. The club should absolutely be putting the prospects of the club before the feelings of the players.
Fans ain't winning it for you.

It's what they give and are willing to sacrifice that sets them in the heart and soul category.

The club should absolutely be willing to do what they can to keep players like them. It's in their/our best interests.

Tim Kelly is a gun tertiary midfielder, but he needs to be that role, behind the grunt and we absolutely need to have contested marks ahead of the ball because he isn't pin pointing that inside fifty.

I'd take Tim Kelly for pick 54 and turn him into our next Coleman medalist.

Tim Kelly would have been enticing if we didn’t have JOM for another 2 years. Fyfe & Walters you could sort of understand at the time.

But JOM was a stuff up.

Tim Kelly is basically the date that didn't go well but feign interest not to be hurtful:

"I had fun tonight, will I call you? I'll totally call you! I'm just super busy right now"

Fans ain't winning it for you.

It's what they give and are willing to sacrifice that sets them in the heart and soul category.

The club should absolutely be willing to do what they can to keep players like them. It's in their/our best interests.
There's not a person in this forum who, two years ago, wouldn't have said that Schultz was a heart and sole player for us. But he left. They're professional athletes. Players/coaches/GMs all move clubs for a variety of reasons. Clubs know this and players know this. Stephenson, Grundy and Treloar were all 'heart and soul/fan favourites' for Collingwood. They got moved on, they won a flag. The only reason a club shouldn't trade a player is because they're structurally important to the the team and the chances of winning games. Not because they're nice guys. The club should always come first.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If Edmund is pushing this story, then what does that do for his credibility regarding Pickett? I'm trying hard not to get sucked in here but failing.
Yep its this for me too.

Unfortunately a lot of those journalists focus on headlines and attention rather than accuracy.

It's why we will get Darcy to Geelong stories at some point again soon I'm sure.

Can someone please reassure me the Brayshaw talk is just hypothetical? He's the best two way midfielder in the competition. I'd rather him over Warner any day of the week.
I'm certain that unless we monumentally screw him over in a contract offer there is absolutely no way he leaves Freo.

I recall reading quotes from Ryan Daniel saying his extension is pretty much a formality.

Also if he was recruiting players to us along with Serong it seems like a really odd thing to do if you aren't committed to staying.

And Pav is gone, the club didn't fold and we're all still here. Just like if Brayshaw left. The sun would still come up and the supporters would remain. The club should absolutely be putting the prospects of the club before the feelings of the players.

I agree with your sentiment regarding players not being put above the interest of the club.

The first players to be pushed out should be Fyfe, Walters, JOM and Aish. All good servants of the club but not the future of the FFC

Hypothetically these players should all be gone before there is any thought of trading the likes of Brayshaw.

Don’t blame Kelly saying no to us in 2019 family was at war with bennells family would’ve been an awkward situation to be in plus we couldn’t have been in a worst place as a club.
Get him cheap and get him back in that Geelong role as a half fwd and the 4th mid could be a big match winner for us

Don’t blame Kelly saying no to us in 2019 family was at war with bennells family would’ve been an awkward situation to be in plus we couldn’t have been in a worst place as a club.
Get him cheap and get him back in that Geelong role as a half fwd and the 4th mid could be a big match winner for us
Hope the door hits Kellys ass on the way out of the club telling him we're not interested.

Can someone please reassure me the Brayshaw talk is just hypothetical? He's the best two way midfielder in the competition. I'd rather him over Warner any day of the week.
Yep . 100% effort 100% of the time, You cant teach that.

hahahaha, me thinks Cooney is MEGA trolling the Dees fans; but if we got Kossie for pick 16 I think they'd literally burn down the MCG!! Hilarious thought though :tearsofjoy:

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 List Management thread - Trade Targets Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back