List Mgmt. 2024 List Management thread - Trade Targets Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Don’t blame Kelly saying no to us in 2019 family was at war with bennells family would’ve been an awkward situation to be in plus we couldn’t have been in a worst place as a club.
Get him cheap and get him back in that Geelong role as a half fwd and the 4th mid could be a big match winner for us
Not opposed to it, but with potentially 2 of Bolton, Pickett or Warner a 'possibility', I'm struggling to see where the club fits in all those wages. I still rate Kelly, but just don't see him as an urgent need. If we somehow squeezed in Warner with Pickett and Bolton we're shaking someone loose. Someone pretty big, wages wise. Like a Sean Darcy.

I'd settle for 2 of a Warner/Pickett/Bolton combo any day of the week though...

Sheldrick has been injured and goes alright.

From what I’ve seen Corey Warner makes Sheldrick of last year look like prime Gary Ablett junior.

If Corey Warner wasn’t Chad’s brother and wasn’t on the list of a Grand Final side he’d just be some average youngish depth player destined for a 4-6 year career at AFL playing around 25-30 odd games despite no one knowing what role they’re supposed to be playing. Not the worst player to ever play the game but the sort even the biggest nuffies barely remember two years after their last game.

I agree I think Sheldrick has shown much more than Corey but you are being a bit harsh on Corey. After two seasons Chad hadn’t shown a lot either, so I think it’s bit early to be definitive

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

I agree I think Sheldrick has shown much more than Corey but you are being a bit harsh on Corey. After two seasons Chad hadn’t shown a lot either, so I think it’s bit early to be definitive

He had definitively shown more than his brother has at the same point in their career. Corey has only played 9 games total. Chad played 13 in his second season and only went out of the team through injury around the halfway mark of the year, before coming back in the finals. Averaged 16 touches and got a brownlow vote. Corey mostly toiling away in seconds.

Norf going after a washed up Luke Parker is such a Norf move. The money would have to be massive overs for a 32 year old for him to want to head there.

He had definitively shown more than his brother has at the same point in their career. Corey has only played 9 games total. Chad played 13 in his second season and only went out of the team through injury around the halfway mark of the year, before coming back in the finals. Averaged 16 touches and got a brownlow vote. Corey mostly toiling away in seconds.

Played a lot of VFL in 2022, 15 in 2023 and just 8 this year. There's potential for growth.

Not true on Chad. I remember watching a game he played against Richmond at the MCG early in his 2nd year and thinking wow. Others were as well. To make sure I wasn't imagining it, I found a post I made on Apr 3, 2021, the day of that game, saying we should be trying to get him back west.

In his 3rd year, he was getting 20+ regularly and polled 12 Brownlow votes. Corey Warner is in his 3rd year now. At this stage he is a dud compared to his brother. Still has some time, but I doubt he makes it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Norf going after a washed up Luke Parker is such a Norf move. The money would have to be massive overs for a 32 year old for him to want to head there.
I think it’s so that Tucker isn’t their oldest player on the list next season, they really need quality experience for the intangibles to progress

There's not a person in this forum who, two years ago, wouldn't have said that Schultz was a heart and sole player for us. But he left. They're professional athletes. Players/coaches/GMs all move clubs for a variety of reasons. Clubs know this and players know this. Stephenson, Grundy and Treloar were all 'heart and soul/fan favourites' for Collingwood. They got moved on, they won a flag. The only reason a club shouldn't trade a player is because they're structurally important to the the team and the chances of winning games. Not because they're nice guys. The club should always come first.
But there are players that if you trade (or even test the waters on a trade) it upsets the team bond apple cart. Bradshaw at the Lions is one example way back. Brayshaw, by all accounts, plays a big part of the team chemistry and moral here.

Daniels: There's no chance Kelly goes to Freo

Vic Media:

Ill Be Back Jim Carrey GIF

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 List Management thread - Trade Targets Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back