List Mgmt. 2024 List Management thread - Trade Targets Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

hahahaha, me thinks Cooney is MEGA trolling the Dees fans; but if we got Kossie for pick 16 I think they'd literally burn down the MCG!! Hilarious thought though :tearsofjoy:
I'd be walking around smug as **** all off season if we got Kozzie Pickett for pick 16 haha.

Literally as much chance of that happening as the sun not coming up tomorrow.

Oliver is clearly going to Geelong. I look forward to them completely burying his off field issues through media control.

Does anyone else get unreasonably pissed off on the whole Melbourne circus? I just feel that club is an absolute dumpster fire but ruled by a bunch of selfish pricks which would burn the place to the ground rather than admit they are ****ed. The volume of bullshit coming out of everyone managing that club would fertilise the free Geelong farms they hand out to players.

If we want Pickett we should be praying this doesn't happen..
I don't think it makes a difference. I think the Trac relationship is ruined and it's only lack of options that stopped him moving this year. He'll go next year and Pickett is gone before next contract IMO.

The place needs to blow up and join Richmond in a restart

If we want Pickett we should be praying this doesn't happen..

I think the opposite, Oliver going could be the circuit breaker for the Dees to realise they need to reset and quick. Tasmania drafts are fast approaching.

If Oliver stays they probably want to give 2025 one last shake at a flag.

Oliver is clearly going to Geelong. I look forward to them completely burying his off field issues through media control.

Does anyone else get unreasonably pissed off on the whole Melbourne circus? I just feel that club is an absolute dumpster fire but ruled by a bunch of selfish pricks which would burn the place to the ground rather than admit they are ****ed. The volume of bullshit coming out of everyone managing that club would fertilise the free Geelong farms they hand out to players.
Is there CEO also part of that problem as well

Gary Pert was CEO of Collingwood when they denied numerous cultural issues when there clearly was plenty.

Surely it can't be a coincidence both clubs he has been in charge of as CEO have had issues.

Is there CEO also part of that problem as well

Gary Pert was CEO of Collingwood when they denied numerous cultural issues when there clearly was plenty.

Surely it can't be a coincidence both clubs he has been in charge of as CEO have had issues.
Pert is by all reports a gigantic piece of crap and Goodwin a coke fiend. Nothing fixes until both of them go but they found their scapegoats for this year already.

I think the opposite, Oliver going could be the circuit breaker for the Dees to realise they need to reset and quick. Tasmania drafts are fast approaching.

If Oliver stays they probably want to give 2025 one last shake at a flag.
It doesn't seem to matter and that's my point of anger. Goodwin and co won't restart because it means they're done but the club is going to enter a new dark age when they completely bottom out just as Tassie joins.

It doesn't seem to matter and that's my point of anger. Goodwin and co won't restart because it means they're done but the club is going to enter a new dark age when they completely bottom out just as Tassie joins.

I think if Oliver is traded thats the first admission that they need to hit the restart button. They don't have to make the trade. If Oliver stays I can't see why they would want to trade Kozzie unless he comes out and strongly says he wants to come home.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think if Oliver is traded thats the first admission that they need to hit the restart button. They don't have to make the trade. If Oliver stays I can't see why they would want to trade Kozzie unless he comes out and strongly says he wants to come home.
To be fair, even if Oliver leaves the Dees could still see Kozzie as an important part of their next finals push. He is only 23 and would still only be 28-29 if they went through a 5 year rebuild, although I think even if he doesn't go this year, he will go at some point. From our end, we just really need him and his management to start making some noise to force their hand.

I'm sure this has already been discussed but am on my lunch break at work and haven't read back through the thread.

How do we feel about Kelly if it was cheap draft capital wise?

To be fair, even if Oliver leaves the Dees could still see Kozzie as an important part of their next finals push. He is only 23 and would still only be 28-29 if they went through a 5 year rebuild, although I think even if he doesn't go this year, he will go at some point. From our end, we just really need him and his management to start making some noise to force their hand.
My speculation is that he would if we'd commit but Warner is a lock next year so they can't.

Neither can JOM.
Kelly is slower and a worse kick than JOM.

All his strengths are suited to playing a completely different role. Both and the ideal prototype player to play that role are all midfielders but there's a massive difference in the effectiveness each player has playing that role. JOM lies somewhre in between the other two.

My speculation is that he would if we'd commit but Warner is a lock next year so they can't.
Fair chance that is correct.

Although I love the idea of Chad, I do wish we would just jump on Kozzie while he's available right now and worry about the rest next year. If we only end up with Kozzie and Bolton so-be-it, that's still phenomenal and puts us right in the window.

JOM hasn't worked out quite how we hoped on field, but I thought he was solid this year as a role player. I also understand the logic behind the club doing it as a stopgap between for young mids with Mundy leaving.

I think as a leader and a culture guy JOM has been a positive, apparently a good dude and standard setter off the field.

Pert is by all reports a gigantic piece of crap and Goodwin a coke fiend. Nothing fixes until both of them go but they found their scapegoats for this year already.
He's much more than a coke fiend...

I heard he gambles too.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 List Management thread - Trade Targets Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back