List Mgmt. 2024 List Management thread - Trade Targets Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

I’m satisfied with Daniels quick response and equally happy with the quick and emphatic response from his player manager putting any rumours to bed. I heard Anthony Van Der Wielen rather strongly kill this first thing this morning whilst I was as driving to work. Stating that Kelly has no intention of leaving.

Freo have committed to Erasmus, NOD and Johnson. You also have JOM and Fyfe. We’re trying to get rid of Brodie and every chance he stays. We are tight on list spots. Not going to happen. Not with Freo.

Managers lie more than any other person in football though. I don't think it will happen either, but if talks were had it's a story until the end of trade week.

I do sorta feel like we are getting to that point with the talent on our list that we are inevitably gonna lose talent in 2-5 years' time. Especially bringing in Bolton and Warner and/or Kozzie. I know Cox and Darcy are tied up long term (and I'm not at all keen to trade them) but wouldn't be surprised to see one of them or a Ryan or Brayshaw kind finish their career elsewhere after 2027-2028.

I think we need to get to the point where our list is good enough that players we would like to keep are getting forced out. That would be a sure sign we are on the right track talent wise.

Fyfe should retire. He is a champ of the game who went downhill fast. He struggled with handballing by the end of season. He is taking Erasmus spot in the team or even the potential experiment of Nod in there.
No one wants to talk about it but he should be pushed to retire. We all know it.
No we don't "all know it". In fact I think it's a somewhat bizarre take. He was a valued member of an elite performing midfield. We actually need more options, not less.

No we don't "all know it". In fact I think it's a somewhat bizarre take. He was a valued member of an elite performing midfield. We actually need more options, not less.
Doesn’t run both ways and has horrendous skills now. Looks a shadow of his former self even on the eye looks like he has less drive to win. He will be a year older and slower next year, hope he’s prepared to drive down to Mandurah.

If Andrew Brayshaw is getting offers near $1.5m and they want to get him on board this year, the year before he is a free agent, then it seems crazy to me that they'd pay the absolute ransom Freo will want for him.

That news wouldn't want to come out until all the other deals are done so that the #7 and #8 from St Kilda don't end up in those other deals simply because we have them available.

If Andrew Brayshaw is getting offers near $1.5m and they want to get him on board this year, the year before he is a free agent, then it seems crazy to me that they'd pay the absolute ransom Freo will want for him.

That news wouldn't want to come out until all the other deals are done so that the #7 and #8 from St Kilda don't end up in those other deals simply because we have them available.

It’s not going to happen, and if it were they couldn’t keep it quiet.

Remember his manager will probably be leaking to the media to try to increase his offer too.

Doesn’t run both ways and has horrendous skills now. Looks a shadow of his former self even on the eye looks like he has less drive to win. He will be a year older and slower next year, hope he’s prepared to drive down to Mandurah.
It's very likely he'll be managed through this year. But there'll be plenty of room for more O'Driscoll inside mid time, a la last two rounds. Hopefully there'll be Fyfe as player-coach for the up and comers, like NOD and Erasmus, to benefit from.

Yeah, I've made my thoughts known but without knowing all details, not sure I'm ready for "special in the head" haha. I would say if we aren't bringing Pickett in then they'd sure as shit better not miss on Warner and you'd want a deal all but signed.
IF Pickett is available we should be choosing him over over Warner. The cost of bringing in Warner (cap and picks) can blow up in our face, not to mention he isn't even guaranteed to come to Freo and could change his mind. A rational organisation in this circumstance would choose Pickett, regardless of any guarantees made. Our list is so close to contending. It's taken years to get here and I don't want to piss it away on one player.

IF Pickett is available we should be choosing him over over Warner. The cost of bringing in Warner (cap and picks) can blow up in our face, not to mention he isn't even guaranteed to come to Freo and could change his mind. A rational organisation in this circumstance would choose Pickett, regardless of any guarantees made. Our list is so close to contending. It's taken years to get here and I don't want to piss it away on one player.
Yep.

It’s either Bolton and Picket
Or Chad and Pickett

But Pickett coming I’d imagine is on the proviso we land Bolton

Bolton and then the Chad although sounds awesome, feels a bit same same (I know they’re not, so calm down)

Last edited:
Norf going after a washed up Luke Parker is such a Norf move. The money would have to be massive overs for a 32 year old for him to want to head there.

Teams have to pay 90% of the cap? If your list is terrible you might as well have a couple of 30 year olds on 500k who set standards in the gym, on the track, etc.

The Kelly talk smacks of his management trying to put subtle pressure on WC to start talks on an extended contract. Not saying in some world it’s impossible but that’s how I read it. Management 101.

Same manager as Shai Bolton so he would have been meeting with Freo anyway and would have asked the question
re: Kelly.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Teams have to pay 90% of the cap? If your list is terrible you might as well have a couple of 30 year olds on 500k who set standards in the gym, on the track, etc.

Agree, don't mind this one from North and he showed in that last quarter of the GF when played correctly he can still impact.

Fyfe should retire. He is a champ of the game who went downhill fast. He struggled with handballing by the end of season. He is taking Erasmus spot in the team or even the potential experiment of Nod in there.
No one wants to talk about it but he should be pushed to retire. We all know it.

Fyfe is super professional with his diet, his preparation, on the track, etc. With a young group he's like an extra assistant coach. If Erasmus demands a role Fyfe will retire mid-season, but he's contracted and a handy fringe player.

Our 3 key backs in Cox, McDonald and Pearce missed about 50 games between them this season. I certainly hope it doesn't happen but if something similar happened to our midfield next year then Fyfe, Erasmus, Brodie become important players. Brisbane showed this year with 5 x ACL's that you need depth.

I envision Fyfe and Walters playing about 5 full games and 5 as the sub at the start/end of the game next year.

I think we need to get to the point where our list is good enough that players we would like to keep are getting forced out. That would be a sure sign we are on the right track talent wise.

If we're contending and players are settled in Perth they'll stay for less, that's the goal.

The key players who play in a Premiership make plenty of money post footy.

Is it good or bad that nothing solid has come out about Kozzi by now?
It's not good but it means nothing. I think if we hear nothing by start of next week then it's cooked (as was always the most likely).

I think the club is chips in on Warner and despite what we would prefer, wont change for Pickett

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 List Management thread - Trade Targets Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back