List Mgmt. 2024 List Management thread - Trade Targets Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Is it good or bad that nothing solid has come out about Kozzi by now?

My guess is that Kozzi is waiting to see what happens with Oliver and Petracca. If one or both of those guys request a trade Kozzi can go to Melbourne and say you're rebuilding so might as well trade me. If the 2 big boys stay then they'll see themselves as contenders next year and won't trade Kozzi.

It's not good but it means nothing. I think if we hear nothing by start of next week then it's cooked (as was always the most likely).

I think the club is chips in on Warner and despite what we would prefer, wont change for Pickett
Dont get me wrong id like Warner. But after having the best clearance midfield in the comp this year do we really need him?? Just feels like going chips in for a player that really isnt a need.

I would have thought before is better.

Letting Fremantle know, it is. Letting the market know, it's not. Freo needs to hold over enough value from the Bolton trade to pick up another but also not have Melbourne salivating at #9 and #10 by having the action going before Bolton is done.

I think Melbourne are less likely to trade Pickett than Warner given one year on their values will be drastically different, so it's not longer a race to the best picks between the two opposition clubs.

Dont get me wrong id like Warner. But after having the best clearance midfield in the comp this year do we really need him?? Just feels like going chips in for a player that really isnt a need.

It's what Warner does outside of clearance work that makes him special.

Edit: Warner has 78 goals in 85 games, Brayshaw and Serong have combined for 80 goals in 249 games. That's why you go out and get Warner.

NOD can play that role coming out the front of stoppage. Obviously not at the same level, but NOD's probably on a third of the money Chad would want so if if Chad costs us Cox/Brayshaw I'd prefer Chad to stay at the swans.

If the Eagles trade a first rounder for Baker then a top 4 pick for Chad next year it would be strange list management after the Kelly trade blowing up in their face.

Doesn’t run both ways and has horrendous skills now. Looks a shadow of his former self even on the eye looks like he has less drive to win. He will be a year older and slower next year, hope he’s prepared to drive down to Mandurah.
The club has him contracted for next year. No need to disrespect that contract or that player. Fyfe honouring his contract is normal and I expect him to present next year in his best possible physical condition to press for selection.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

NOD can play that role coming out the front of stoppage. Obviously not at the same level, but NOD's probably on a third of the money Chad would want so if if Chad costs us Cox/Brayshaw I'd prefer Chad to stay at the swans.

If the Eagles trade a first rounder for Baker then a top 4 pick for Chad next year it would be strange list management after the Kelly trade blowing up in their face.

If NOD can do a Treacy next year it will have saved us two massive trades with the Swans two years in a row.

The club has him contracted for next year. No need to disrespect that contract or that player. Fyfe honouring his contract is normal and I expect him to present next year in his best possible physical condition to press for selection.

Only issue will be if he's struggling at the start of 2025 will the club make the hard call and send him to Peel.

Cal Twomey can shut his mouth
Shut Your Mouth GIF

Seriously though I refuse to believe that Shai Bolton is the only guy we will get this offseason.

It's what Warner does outside of clearance work that makes him special.

Edit: Warner has 78 goals in 85 games, Brayshaw and Serong have combined for 80 goals in 249 games. That's why you go out and get Warner.

Exactly. Warner helps capitalise on our clearance dominance directly from midfield. It's a missing part of the puzzle.

Granted not as much of a missing part as a dynamic small forward but it seems like Kozzie is more of a pipe dream at this stage.

Seriously though I refuse to believe that Shai Bolton is the only guy we will get this offseason.
I really don’t mind if it is. We’ve clearly had a few things in the work re Baker and Martin that fell through + all the work into Warner means it was shaping up to be a busy trade period but ended up being a lot quieter than expected. I’m happy to take a top 10 pick to the draft.

Will say though this Warner stuff is starting to annoy me. We shouldn’t be prioritising him above all else if he hasn’t even requested a trade this ye a r

Warner has 78 goals in 85 games, Brayshaw and Serong have combined for 80 goals in 249 games. That's why you go out and get Warner.
I really don't like this argument. Yes Warner kicks goals but Pickett kicks more because he is a small forward, a position that is our biggest list hole. We don't need more goals from the midfield, we need more from our small forwards.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 List Management thread - Trade Targets Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back