List Mgmt. 2024 List Management thread - Trade Targets Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Cal twomey just ruled out Pickett getting traded again
Interestingly enough Melbourne put out the same messaging in the media when the Clayton Oliver rumours started earlier this year.

"Not for trade, definitely keeping him no matter what"

And did so again earlier this week, including just 24hrs before Clayton met with Geelong (with Dees apparently privately telling him to see whats out there)

Their denials mean little. Either directly or through media mouthpieces.

If they openly admit he is up for trade it potentially hurts the trade return. If we have to go to them while they are playing hardball its how they extract maximum value.

Tigers are trying similarly thinly veiled tactics with Bolton. Saying they would be happy to keep him, when we already know they are selling the prospect of six or seven top 30 picks to their fans through the media.

Melbourne may end up refusing to trade Pickett. But im not going to read into anything I hear in the media that comes from their camp at this stage.

Ill only read into any media that reinforces my desires of seeing Pickett in purple

Bailey Smith finally reveals the worst kept secret in the AFL.

Heading to the cats.

Very nothing article on the Bolton trade for Gettable quota filling article today aside from us "offering" a five year deal. Correct me if I'm wrong but his current contract is 4 years which almost certainly means we are pushing that per year salary down with an extra year?

Additionally, we've yet to be linked to wanting some salary paid unlike WC and Hawks

Very nothing article on the Bolton trade for Gettable quota filling article today aside from us "offering" a five year deal. Correct me if I'm wrong but his current contract is 4 years which almost certainly means we are pushing that per year salary down with an extra year?

Additionally, we've yet to be linked to wanting some salary paid unlike WC and Hawks
Id say we are going to spread 4 years over 5

Andy is all about people, he’s not a complete mercenary like some players.

Freo will have budgeted enough to pay him to stay.

There is only one risk with Andy, and that’s if his mrs decides Melbourne is where she wants to be, and I’m not sure there have been any public signs along those lines.

Andy mentioned he and his partner want to create a new life over here in an interview.

I just don't see any player wanting to leave right now. They know they could make history by winning our first flag, and that is a very good incentive for players to stay. I think the club is in a good place right now, nobody likes giving up a good thing.

Can someone in the know explain why we are not prioritising bobby hill over pickett and warner? No contract yet, in discussions all year, last year final year of contract - and he is exactly what we need?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can someone in the know explain why we are not prioritising bobby hill over pickett and warner? No contract yet, in discussions all year, last year final year of contract - and he is exactly what we need?
He's contracted for next year

Apparently Richmond want pick 9 & 10 for bolton instead of pick 9 & 16
Gotta be careful with those articles when they are actually opinions, not news. No one has actually said what Richmond want yet, it's always "expected to" or "think they will"

I can't remember who said something about Bolton's contract (might have been Jon Ralph) but they basically said "just because he's on 1.2 mil next year doesn't mean he's on 1.2 mil per year". I remember reading his average yearly wage is like 800k

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 List Management thread - Trade Targets Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back