List Mgmt. 2024 List Management thread - Trade Targets Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Martin costs very little I presume. Not too worried about Smith who's a ball butcher of the worst kind.

Not sure it's a good thing for Geelong to keep trading for these guys instead of drafting. Their time to fall will come.
That's been said for 10 years.

What makes you so confident it will eventually happen.

I can't remember who said something about Bolton's contract (might have been Jon Ralph) but they basically said "just because he's on 1.2 mil next year doesn't mean he's on 1.2 mil per year". I remember reading his average yearly wage is like 800k
Nah, unless the person who signed it lied, his contract is for a mill a year and it definitely wasnt going to front loaded with where they were at. Then who knows how the new cap raise has affected it.

Watch him play 20 games and kick 45 goals for Geelong lol
Jeez he's not capable of doing that for two reasons. Not sure even they're that good. If it were us recruiting him there wouldn't be the remotest possibly of that.

They're better at finding random gems in country footy that become best 22 players. Also think they're less scared of recruiting 30 year olds that they'll get 3-4 years from than pretty much every club. Most of the time I reckon those 30 year olds are still pretty good and not injury prone though.

Oliver is clearly going to Geelong. I look forward to them completely burying his off field issues through media control.

Does anyone else get unreasonably pissed off on the whole Melbourne circus? I just feel that club is an absolute dumpster fire but ruled by a bunch of selfish pricks which would burn the place to the ground rather than admit they are ****ed. The volume of bullshit coming out of everyone managing that club would fertilise the free Geelong farms they hand out to players.
Translation: Give us Pickett you campaigners!
Bailey Smith finally reveals the worst kept secret in the AFL.

Heading to the cats.
Someone check on Deathly

so Geelong are getting B. Smith, Oliver and Martin..?!?!

The hactual fu...can they afford all of them?!?!?! Wasn't it B. Close we were 'linked to' (tenuously). Surely they'd have to shake a few loose?

No chance they trade Pickett now f**k
I'm thinking that the Oliver "problem" might be why a few wanted out or were de-stabilised. He goes and that might batten down those hatches, so maybe that's where some of the Picket 'unrest' talk was coming from (??)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I really don't like this argument. Yes Warner kicks goals but Pickett kicks more because he is a small forward, a position that is our biggest list hole. We don't need more goals from the midfield, we need more from our small forwards.
We still need more goals from midfield too, but Pickett would be ideal and agree we need more from small forwards too. Pickett and Bolton would be perfect if we can make it happen. Chef's kiss kind of trading.

He will probably request a trade now because he will start to think melbourne are going to rebuild
Reading between the lines I assumed Oliver out was one of the conditions that Trac asked for.

I don't think Pickett's reasons for wanting to leave are anything to do with that whole situation though. That article that Melbourne did when he visited his hometown makes me believe it's genuine homesicknesses that would be behind any move.

But I do think that Oliver leaving means that Melbourne won't let anyone else of note leave.

Geelong going to trade for them how? What picks?
Unless ask some players to be traded.
Close for example could.

Geelong win by short fleecing others. Same old. Meanwhile Fremantle traded second rounder for Clark even though he was never a B22 lock

Reading between the lines I assumed Oliver out was one of the conditions that Trac asked for.

I don't think Pickett's reasons for wanting to leave are anything to do with that whole situation though. That article that Melbourne did when he visited his hometown makes me believe it's genuine homesicknesses that would be behind any move.

But I do think that Oliver leaving means that Melbourne won't let anyone else of note leave.
Agree just can’t see them doing it now unfortunately. He probably hasn’t officially requested a trade because Melbourne have just said a flat No. can’t blame them,
Ryan Daniel said on hard ball gets podcast he’s here nothing new with Pickett. He’d be all over it if something was happening

So you can honestly say watching last year (bulldogs game aside) that we wasn't a liability? Zero pressure, constantly exposed defensively. As soon as the ball leaves contested situations its game over for him.

If you genuinely think he still has "juice" to propel this team forward next year you are kidding yourself
That midfield he was an integral part of produced some serious, I mean crazy serious, clearance numbers. They're not doing that if he's a liability.

Oliver is clearly going to Geelong. I look forward to them completely burying his off field issues through media control.

Does anyone else get unreasonably pissed off on the whole Melbourne circus? I just feel that club is an absolute dumpster fire but ruled by a bunch of selfish pricks which would burn the place to the ground rather than admit they are ****ed. The volume of bullshit coming out of everyone managing that club would fertilise the free Geelong farms they hand out to players.

I reckon there's a decent chance they are on their way to ceasing to exist. They are timing their fall off the cliff to coincide with Tassie coming into the comp. Very small supporter base. Times are going to be rough. I think the AFL should merge Melbourne and North into one entity. Call them the Melbourne Kangaroos or something.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 List Management thread - Trade Targets Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back