List Mgmt. 2024 List Management thread - Trade Targets Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

I’m mostly on board with this BUT Bolton kind of plays like Pickett but neither Bolton nor Pickett play like Warner
And neither do any of our other mids , they are all fairly slow and dont have all round elite disposal ( Serongs handballs are elite )

I just want whichever of them want to come here to be honest and I’d be surprised if it’s both ( knowing our luck though it probably will be and we have to watch one of them end up at the Slime ☹️)

Warner isn’t an elite kick either. Butchered more than most of the Sydney team last weekend anyway and that’s saying something.

If Young isn’t an elite kick I don’t know how many are (maybe 10-15 league wide tops?)

On the whole, Dees trading Clarry and then blowing it up further by trading Kozzie thing, I think there is a commercial factor that might stop them dealing both. Sure the draft capital is great for them but trading all your fan's favourite players when they're already fuming at the club is a recipe for disaster. Dees fans are out for blood at the minute and they have to manage the backlash, keeping Kozzie probably helps them do that.
Clubs have to think about Tassie coming into the comp as well though. Far better off bottoming out now than in the compromised drafts ... Otherwise, you're staying low for a long time

Warner isn’t an elite kick either. Butchered more than most of the Sydney team last weekend anyway and that’s saying something.

If Young isn’t an elite kick I don’t know how many are (maybe 10-15 league wide tops?)
Yeh
Seen quite a few of his chip kicks into their forward line and they are a hell of a lot more elite than most
Young is fantastic not gonna lie, but he’s also on the slow side like Serong , Johnno , NOD and Brayshaw

Anyway, disregard the first part
I’ll take either and whichever puts their hand up first grab it wholeheartedly

I’m mostly on board with this BUT Bolton kind of plays like Pickett but neither Bolton nor Pickett play like Warner
And neither do any of our other mids , they are all fairly slow and dont have all round elite disposal ( Serongs handballs are elite )

I just want whichever of them want to come here to be honest and I’d be surprised if it’s both ( knowing our luck though it probably will be and we have to watch one of them end up at the Slime ☹️)
I'd argue that Bolton plays like a mix of Warner and Pickett. Bolton can be that X-factor Small forward who can take hangers but he can also be that guy who goes into the middle and kicks goals. The dude is Prime Sonny Walters, which is exactly what we need.

WE need to keep 9 and get Bo Allan
He is ready to play next year and has size and pace
Feel like we don't really need to recruit another kid to toil away at peel. Ras was ready made and he's spent 3 years in magoos.

If we can get elite talent that's ready to help us win now, we do it. We've been developing kids for almost 10 years now.

WE need to keep 9 and get Bo Allan
He is ready to play next year and has size and pace
9 is definitely going to Richmond.

Looking a strong possibility that 16 will slide back a pick. The Collingwood salary for Perryman is next level.

9+17 and later pick swaps. I feel we may need to sweeten this deal.

I'd argue that Bolton plays like a mix of Warner and Pickett. Bolton can be that X-factor Small forward who can take hangers but he can also be that guy who goes into the middle and kicks goals. The dude is Prime Sonny Walters, which is exactly what we need.
Oh yeh he’s a lock but I want one of the other 2 as well
Freddy , Sturt and Switta just don’t kick enough goals and neither do our mids
Walters done and not even discussing Emmet
Simpson too young

Those other 3 do and we need 2 of them to get where we need to go

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeh
Seen quite a few of his chip kicks into their forward line and they are a hell of a lot more elite than most
Young is fantastic not gonna lie, but he’s also on the slow side like Serong , Johnno , NOD and Brayshaw

Anyway, disregard the first part
I’ll take either and whichever puts their hand up first grab it wholeheartedly

Got be careful calling some of those guys slow.

Johnson doesn’t have the burst acceleration but his top speed is bloody quick.

Sorry to say but NOD is just a really poor call.

Oh yeh he’s a lock but I want one of the other 2 as well
Freddy , Sturt and Switta just don’t kick enough goals and neither do our mids
Walters done and not even discussing Emmet
Simpson too young

Those other 3 do and we need 2 of them to get where we need to go
I feel pretty confident we will land a minimum 2.

I think Bolton and Warner is the most likely outcome over the next 18 months. Love Chad but part of me would almost rather Kozzie and Bolton though, those 2 in a forward line woud be diabolical for the league

So you can honestly say watching last year (bulldogs game aside) that we wasn't a liability? Zero pressure, constantly exposed defensively. As soon as the ball leaves contested situations its game over for him.

If you genuinely think he still has "juice" to propel this team forward next year you are kidding yourself
I think you're underestimating the gap btwn Fyfe pre-bye and post-bye. His pre-bye form was such that even until round 16 he was in the top 10 for the Doig. The Bulldogs game was an obvious highlight, but he was good enough that, when Freo put out sets of individual stats to basically pump up our best performers pre-bye, Fyfe was on there (https://www.fremantlefc.com.au/news/1572273/stats-review-running-the-numbers-on-our-first-12-games).

Excluding the 4 games in the season he was either subbed off or on: before the bye, Fyfe didn't have a single game under 10 CPs. Post-bye, he only had 1 game of 10+ (vs Sydney). Again excluding those 4 games (assuming my Google Sheets work is accurate), pre-bye he averaged 23 disposals, 3.4 tackles, 5.9 clearances, and 12.4 contested possessions. Post-bye, that becomes 17 disposals, 1.4 (!) tackles, 3.6 clearances, and 7.3 contested possessions. He went from a good to very good winner of the contested ball that gave us some defence from stoppage to a bit of a passenger in all facets with a couple decent tagging games. It was a big reason why we became iffy defensively from stoppage and became susceptible to a Serong tag.

The lesson this season regarding Fyfe for me (I think this about Walters also to an extent) is that he absolutely has a role in the team, but not playing week in week out. He's gonna hit a wall physically at some point, and if you play him through that it gets ugly. Especially with other midfield options emerging, the goal has to go from resting Fyfe just enough to stop him getting injured to resting him enough to optimise his production in the games he does play.

Is Allan really the best use of our pick? Would much rather use it on Berry or another small forward.

If we get Bolton and can still get a good small forward at our second pick then I’m happy enough going best available.

Pretty convinced we’ll sign up one of those Irish boys in the next month or so which probably drops HBF done the list of needs a bit.

Actually think as soon as we transition say Erasmus and NOD into the best 23 we’ll look around and think we have **** all midfield depth. Fyfe, JOM and Brodie are likely gone within 24 months. Drafting one this draft probably just helps with the transition and also means it’s not that big of a deal if Erasmus or NOD don’t make, Warner or Rivers doesn’t come etc.

The only way we get Pickett is if Switta is part of the deal. Does Switta still want to leave?
Don't think Switta ever wanted to leave. Asked someone ITK and prominent the Media about it a few weeks back and he said he didn't think there was anything to it. Said he reckons Switta will extend even further past 2026 soon. I also drink piss with one of Switta's mates from school a bit and he's always said Switta loves the joint.

Bolton for 9 & 16, use 10 & 26 on young talent (in a good draft) is the most likely result this year unfortunately.

But it does allow Warner and Kozzi to stew for 12 more months, shouldn't cost as much this year, and we have access to more future picks in the "Tassie" years to pay for them.

Gives us a great squad to have a red hot crack for 3 to 4 years, if we can keep everyone together

Bolton for 9 & 16, use 10 & 26 on young talent (in a good draft) is the most likely result this year unfortunately.

But it does allow Warner and Kozzi to stew for 12 more months, shouldn't cost as much this year, and we have access to more future picks in the "Tassie" years to pay for them.

Gives us a great squad to have a red hot crack for 3 to 4 years, if we can keep everyone together
I reckon it's more likely we get Bolton and trade pick 10 into next years draft. Leaving us 2 first-rounders next year to land Chad.

I'm not sure having both Bailey Smith and Oliver together at Geelong will do anything other than increase the sale of kitchen scales and clip seal bags.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 List Management thread - Trade Targets Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back