List Mgmt. 2024 List Management thread - Trade Targets Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm not sure having both Bailey Smith and Oliver together at Geelong will do anything other than increase the sale of kitchen scales and clip seal bags.

I don’t get it with Smith.

Massively over rated and coming off an ACL.

Good for Geelong to gut themselves for him

Got be careful calling some of those guys slow.

Johnson doesn’t have the burst acceleration but his top speed is bloody quick.

Sorry to say but NOD is just a really poor call.
Ok disregard the other point of my post that I would like proven goal kickers in the team because I don’t trust our lot after giving them more than enough time to prove themselves over the last few years .

Maybe I’m just using too many words

I JUST WANT WARNER OR KOZZIE .

WE need to keep 9 and get Bo Allan
He is ready to play next year and has size and pace
I would be shocked if we selected Allan, as much as it's a wonderful story to select the local product. Just isn't the type of player Freo will be looking to draft.

If we bring Bolton and another small forward and HBF onto our list this year I can easily see midfield being our biggest need in 2025.

No idea what people are on about saying Allan isn’t a player we should target. He can play most positions on the ground that aren’t key position, he’s a good athlete for his size and has already played plenty of footy against men. If we draft him he’ll be a solid contributor for us as soon as 2026.

Last edited:
Bolton + 10 + 27 and still being the game for Chad next year is a good result.

Not sure I'm super keen to wait around for Warner by simply pushing both picks forward - so much can happen in 12 months, waiting for saviors has never served us well we need to start competing for flags now.

We need to secure Bolton. I'd love Kosi but not sure I see it happening.

So if we can get out of this with Bolton for say 9 & 16 - then take 10 and 27 into the draft.

Just have the feeling that there is going to be some wild selections and moves in this draft and having 10 & 27 will be prime targets for clubs willing to trade future picks ...there is nothing like a name that you want in front of you and the clock ticking to motivate you.

I'd happily trade 10 for a future 1st from Melb, Essendon or St Kilda ....these guys may just be enamored by a mid they rate and next year this could be a potential top 5 pick.

Same with 27 (if we can't move 10) - if we can move you into future early 2nd round territory that is quite handy.

I'd still like to take at least 1 kid in the top 30 picks.

Worst case scenario - we use both picks.

Not sure I'm super keen to wait around for Warner by pushing 2 picks forward - so much can happen in 12 months, waiting for saviors has never served us well we need to start competing for flags now.

We need to secure Bolton. I'd love Kosi but not sure I see it happening.

So if we can get out of this with Bolton for say 9 & 16 - then take 10 and 27 into the draft.

Just have the feeling that there is going to be some wild selections and moves in this draft and having 10 & 27 will be prime targets for clubs willing to trade future picks ...there is nothing like a name that you want in front of you and the clock ticking to motivate you.

I'd happily trade 10 for a future 1st from Melb, Essendon or St Kilda ....these guys may just be enamored by a mid they rate and next year this could be a potential top 5 pick.

Same with 27 - if it can move you into future early 2nd round territory that is quite handy

Worst case scenario - we use the picks.
Anything moved into next year will only benefit Sydney in the Warner trade. The more we have the more they'll want. Use whatever picks we have left after trading players in at the draft.

Smith has a personal deal with Cotton On. Cotton On big employer in Geelong. Bloke who owns it is worth a truckload.
AFL better be watching closely on the off market shit that Geelong will try and get away with.
Bit like Visy and Judd, and how Carlton is stained by the Pratt influence
They won't.

I wish that the AFL release players wages and shine a light on this bs.

Anything moved into next year will only benefit Sydney in the Warner trade. The more we have the more they'll want. Use whatever picks we have left after trading players in at the draft.

Sure which is why I'm willing to play Mooroulette in the on night trading.

Move 10 this year into 5,6 or 7 next year, could be a corner stone for Warner or Pickett deal and comparable with what the dirty birds could offer or alternatively top 8 picks have served us well.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

They won't.

I wish that the AFL release players wages and shine a light on this bs.

I knew him growing up (Nigel) is as dodgy as all ****.

My bigger concern of moving it into 2025 is if Warner or Pickett does not come all we’ve done if put off drafting a talented player for an extra year.

Also we’ll most likely be using three or four picks anyway. Nothing against the guy but Delean looks like the sort that bounces around between WAFL seniors and WAFL reserves for two years and gets delisted. That’s what we ended up with last year because we traded our picks into this year. The trades that put us in this position look good on paper from a draft pick perspective but I don’t think we can essentially waste a senior list spot two drafts in a row. That probably sounds a bit harsh but whatever.

Realistically my preference is for us to take a first rounder, second rounder and a third pick in the draft. One of the Irish guys as a Category B somewhat makes up for the fact this isn’t a high list turnover. I’d re-sign Knobel for sure btw. Emmett probably can’t stay unless we somehow find a suitor for Brodie (lol) unfortunately.

Last edited:
If we bring Bolton and another small forward and HBF onto our list this year I can easily see midfield being our biggest need in 2025.

No idea what people are on about saying Allan isn’t a player we should target. He can play most positions on the ground that aren’t key position, he’s a good athlete for his size and has already played plenty of footy against men. If we draft him he’ll be a solid contributor for us as soon as 2026.
He looks the goods and very versatile. Power athlete. Seems to fall in the 10-15 draft range. Cal Twomey has him around 12.

Also I reckon if we have pick 10 (which will no doubt get pushed back to 11) then we should strongly consider a bid on Kako.

The whiplash for Melbourne fans is going to be something else.

Went from being one of the biggest basket cases ever to becoming a dominant team that looked like a 3-peat dynasty waiting to happen, and now it's all come crashing down again.
And I'd still much rather be them than us.

They got a flag out of it.

Bolton for 9 & 16, use 10 & 26 on young talent (in a good draft) is the most likely result this year unfortunately.

But it does allow Warner and Kozzi to stew for 12 more months, shouldn't cost as much this year, and we have access to more future picks in the "Tassie" years to pay for them.

Gives us a great squad to have a red hot crack for 3 to 4 years, if we can keep everyone together
So Freo can add a top 50 player in the comp and grab two high end kids in a supposed super draft and keep picks in next year's draft.

I'd like to see that.

Listening to that baker chat and I’m thinking maybe we should have sent Ryan & Coxy to chat to him instead.
Not sure little mullet boy would have changed his mind tho

Only issue will be if he's struggling at the start of 2025 will the club make the hard call and send him to Peel.
Our selections have been a bit odd at times but I hope in 2025 selection is purely based on making finals and impacting once we get there. I do expect Fyfe to be managed. More pressure on Walters in that regard I reckon.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 List Management thread - Trade Targets Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back