List Mgmt. 2024 List Management thread - Trade Targets Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Sounds like a pr release from Melbourne trying to put out a fire.

Maybe that’s copium,but I always thought this was one to watch for in another 12 months

Far out, you lot will twist anything that says hes not coming to be some sort of conspiracy.

One thong i still dont understand. Geelong could get Bailey Smith for pick 20 odd. Yet we have to give 2 firsts for Shai…

I thnink he means that Port are done chasing after him, they have apparently been in contact each of the last two years. Fremantle are replacing Port in the conversations but honestly it sounds like Pickett doesn't know what he wants.

I think he a potential flight risk wherever he is.

Even if he does come West (highly unlikely) how long until he decides he wants to be in SA? Or better yet he gets to 28-29 and decides he has made enough money, and his family wants to head back to the territory.

I think he a potential flight risk wherever he is.

Even if he does come West (highly unlikely) how long until he decides he wants to be in SA? Or better yet he gets to 28-29 and decides he has made enough money, and his family wants to head back to the territory.

Pickett is just about the perfect fit for Fremantle but agree, he seems to be super unreliable in terms of what he wants.

Looking at the salty Richmond comments re Bolton, they rate him just as much a weapon in the middle as up forward.

Might need to factor him into our midfield rotations.
Transition speed is something well and truly on our checklist and it's definitely something he's got in his kitbag to help with. But the minutes he spends there is highly adjustable.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

One thong i still dont understand. Geelong could get Bailey Smith for pick 20 odd. Yet we have to give 2 firsts for Shai…

As others have said, Smith is uncontracted.

But more importantly, Bolton is a much better player.

And for the umpteenth time, we will be buying salary cap relief and that could be worth a first rounder by itself.

Hopefully this kills the Pickett talk.

I think Bolton is a great get and hopefully we can stay in the first round.
cause Tom Morris said it...................................................ok

IMO nothing will happen with Pickett (whether he comes or decides he's staying at the Dees) until after Bolton is done.

Freo need to be sure what Bolton will cost in terms of picks and $/year before any subsequent negotiation for a contracted Pickett. Dees would also need to know what's on the table.

It's not killing the Pickett talk, it's going to enhance it. Tom justifying why Pickett wouldn't go and then mentioning Port and not Freo just throws petrol on the fire. Enjoy another 200 pages of Pickett talk on here before this is over. :smilingimp:

Not sure why people are putting a line through Pickett.

Trade week hasn't even started yet.

I live with eternal optimism and will only discount him when there's a couple of minutes of trade period left.
Why give up hope so easily? AFL usually allow an extra 30 mins or so past the deadline to finalise paperwork already begun.

I live with eternal optimism and will only discount him when there's a couple of minutes of trade period left.
I’m more worried about a situation where we play stupid with Pickett because of the Warner pipe dream and then he actually ends up requesting a trade but it’s to Port because they actually committed to him even though his preference would’ve been WA.

Cause we don't want to get excited and then come crashing down when it doesn't eventuate? I am quite confident it won't happen which flipping sucks but it is what it is.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 List Management thread - Trade Targets Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back