List Mgmt. 2024 List Management thread - Trade Targets Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Does Berry slide to 10? We sure he’ll be available and will he be ready to go rd 1?

I reckon he could slide to 16. I prefer Hannaford to be honest and won't be surprised to see him taken before Berry.

There's probably two main risks ... Carlton at 11 and the Dogs at 15 (Geelong pick for Smith). I wouldn't think any other teams in the top 16 picks will be targeting small forwards. Richmond would be picking on a best available basis, and I doubt that means one of the small forwards.

So have been thinking about the easiest way to get a F1 without jeopardising this years draft and I think it’s Brisbane’s F1, trading out pick 18 for a bunch of tigers (or GWS’s) picks in the 40’s will barely get them enough points to cover a bid for Ashcroft. Then they’ll likely have an another bid in the first round (may be pick 20ish) for Marshall and no capital at all left. We just need to orchestrate a scenario where we have a bunch of late picks to trade on the night when the bid comes.
GWS have a bunch of later picks, so could potentially trade 10 for 14 and those said picks, then take 14 and 16 as live picks and trade all the junk picks to Brisbane for their F1.

Well get in there ffs. The only surprise we’ve had in trade week in the last 20 years is grabbing JOM when he looked GWS bound. Obviously that trade has mixed reviews..but we got 3 first rounders, a second and our futures. We have a Coach ooc, CEO on edge and have made finals once since 2015. Why the hell wouldn’t we be aggressive.
Is he even that good. He is mature aged that really didn’t kick many goals. Showed a bit towards the end but nothing to warrant the reported 4 years being offered by Port. We were pushed out of the race when Port offered four. Collingwood I think are offering three. We are no chance and it doesn’t bother me to be honest. Put the challenge to crazy horse Emmett to have a big pre-season.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Good question?

On SM-S918B using BigFooty.com mobile app

I'll be fuming if we give up 9 and 10 for Bolton. 9 and 16 is generous compensation in a strong draft. I'm happy with a swap of later picks or futures to keep things sweet, but two first rounders (one in the top 10) is good compensation for Richmond.

I agree he’s not a star, but he’s a massive improvement on what freo have now.

Only a star is a ‘massive improvement’ on what we have ATM.

Statistically I think the gap between Hill and what we’ll actually have next year won’t be massive. Let’s be honest our best forward seven once you put Bolton in are pretty competent at AFL level in one way or another.

What we don’t have is a genuine star up there which all good teams have on every line tbh.

Daniels was very firm on the mailbag HBG that Pickett definitely wants to come to Freo but there's no way to get it done - ie Melbourne said not a ****ing chance
In other words, Pickett and his management need to come to the party. Play the homesick card and milk it for everything.

If his manager is just half decent at his job, he'll see that this is achievable. Homesick, media pressure, picks that freo have, he'll leave anyway.

Stop being soft pansies and play your f**ing roles

On SM-G781B using BigFooty.com mobile app

Justin Chadwick of Australian Associated press just came this evening in 91.3 fm on sports drive and said Warner to freo definite in 12 months. Is he accurate usually?

On SM-S918B using BigFooty.com mobile app

People around the world place their faith and trust in JC.

Let’s hope this tale of two Chads in accurate.

To answer your question, I have no idea who this guy is.

I agree he’s not a star, but he’s a massive improvement on what freo have now.
He's much better than Banfield or Emmett as a small forward, but that's a low bar.

The problem is, to get him, we'll need to pay as if he is a star. Especially as its the Pies. They'd straight up ask for 10 back as a starting point.

His manager is Colin Young...let it go...
The insta story is apparently a quote from a Herald Sun article behind a paywall from September.

He's much better than Banfield or Emmett as a small forward, but that's a low bar.

The problem is, to get him, we'll need to pay as if he is a star. Especially as its the Pies. They'd straight up ask for 10 back as a starting point.

Name our best seven forwards with Bolton in it. There’s no way that includes Emmett and personally I don’t think it includes Banfield.

It has to be a star to be a ‘massive improvement’. Some improvement is a different story but the cost needs to be taken into consideration.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 List Management thread - Trade Targets Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back