List Mgmt. 2024 List Management thread - Trade Targets Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

North isn't a guaranteed pick 3

They are loading up on experience this season, if they trade their F1 it means they've also brought Houston in

It may not be the upgrade most are thinking it is

Clubs don't stay down the bottom forever, their finish to the season was pretty good, should've won more games tbh

They are loading up on experience this season, if they trade their F1 it means they've also brought Houston in

Clubs don't stay down the bottom forever, their finish to the season was pretty good, should've won more games tbh

Richmond’s future 1st is the most desirable commodity.

I hope I'm 100% wrong, but I think It will be our first 2 picks now for Shai. As much as I dislike it, pick 9 likely ends up 12. I dont think 12 and 17 is enough for a young star contracted tor another 4 years . I would hate to lose a contracted 25 year old Michael Walters for that haul.

It is funny watching people lose it over the idea of trading for a future pick. Yet it’s the exact reason we have so many picks this year.

Maybe we didn’t do the trade last year with one single player in mind. But it was clearly done so we could be active and target players - whether it was McDonald, Warner, Pickett or Bolton. It’s easier to lay the groundwork when a manager knows you can get the trade done.
Spot on Chris 👍

Waddya know everyone?

Another voice of reason that differs to the other voice of reason

Who’d of thought ?!

bolton has already mentally checked out of the tiges, his partner is already in Perth and announced as much to the whole world. Surely we dont blink first and offer something stupid like 10 n 11.

Unfortunately they don’t have a lot to lose.

I can see them being stubborn SOBs

I would almost guarantee that it isn't top 3.

bolton has already mentally checked out of the tiges, his partner is already in Perth and announced as much to the whole world. Surely we dont blink first and offer something stupid like 10 n 11.
It's Freo, so there is always that risk.

But, for some reason, I don't think we do blink this time.

I hope I'm 100% wrong, but I think It will be our first 2 picks now for Shai. As much as I dislike it, pick 9 likely ends up 12. I dont think 12 and 17 is enough for a young star contracted tor another 4 years . I would hate to lose a contracted 25 year old Michael Walters for that haul.

I think this trade is hurtling towards 10 and 11 for Bolton and 23

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We flat out do not have the cap space for Bolton, Pickett and Warner. There is no extra targets next year unless we push out a very good player - and then we have the picks anyway. Once Bolton is sorted, pick one of the others, that's it.

But for the right price, Richmond can afford to pay close to, if not all, of Bolton's wage for the remaining years on his contract with us because we are so shit now lol

Only question is; can Freo afford/find the capital to acquire all 3? Probably not.

But for the right price, Richmond can afford to pay close to, if not all, of Bolton's wage for the remaining years on his contract with us because we are so shit now lol

Only question is; can Freo afford/find the capital to acquire all 3? Probably not.
Probably could but it would mean they would go into the next few drafts with basically nothing.

Have you got full article?

Fremantle midfielder Will Brodie set to stay at Dockers despite not breaking into AFL side in 2024​

Headshot of Mitchell Woodcock
Mitchell WoodcockThe West Australian
Fri, 4 October 2024 4:04AM
Comments
Mitchell Woodcock
Fringe Fremantle midfielder Will Brodie will stay at the Dockers next season despite not breaking into the AFL side this year.
Brodie is contracted until the end of 2026 after signing a three-year extension on the back of a blistering first season at the harbour club when he played 24 games in 2022.
The former Gold Coast midfielder has suited up for the Dockers only five times since and all of those were last year, with the clearance machine instead spending the year at Peel Thunder where he was pivotal to their third premiership.
Brodie was coy on his future after the victory over East Perth at Optus Stadium, last month, telling The West Australian “we’ll see” when asked if he was staying at Fremantle.
Dockers list boss David Walls said there were no plans to move on the 26-year-old former first-round draftee despite his struggles to get an AFL game.
“He’ll be at Fremantle next year. We haven’t shopped him around, he’s not looking around. He’s really happy at the club,” Walls told The West Australian.
“Obviously he wants to be playing but I think the opportunity will open up for him next year to play. But also to his credit, even though he didn’t play on the senior side he improved his games, his GPS numbers, his run.
Craig O’Donoghue: AFL must protect romanticism of father-son rule from jealous attempts to tear it down
AFL Trades 2024: Richmond’s Jack Graham set to make West Coast Eagles free agency call early next week
AFL trade period: Free agent Jack Martin set to join Geelong Cats, turning back on Fremantle Dockers
“We know that he’s a quality AFL player, but we just need an opportunity in that role for him inside to open up.”
While Brodie’s future is certain, the same cannot be said for forward Tom Emmett as well as uncapped rookies Max Knobel and Odin Jones who will have to wait until after the trade period at least to see if they will earn contract extensions.
Emmett is probably the unluckiest of the trio given he has played 15 games – including 13 this year – since being drafted as a mature-age forward with pick No.41 in the 2022 draft.
“They’re in that unfortunate position where list spots are tight for us and you do under AFL rules have to have three draft picks and that sits outside your trades as well,” Walls said.
eb230c0e48d97b0aafc87dbdc619b9fe128cee6a.jpg
Tom Emmett’s future is in doubt. No
“We’re not going to have a huge amount of movement on our list this year so we’ve said to those guys we’ve got to get through the trade period to see what comes in through the trade and then where our picks sit then.
“Then we’ll be able to make a call on it and let them know. It’s a difficult position for them and we’re mindful of that and want to let them know as soon as possible but just with the flexibility needed with less list spots we need to wait until we get through the trade period.”

I agree it probably won’t but I also can’t see it being worse than say p6

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 List Management thread - Trade Targets Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back