List Mgmt. 2024 List Management thread - Trade Targets Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Not liking the outcry regarding FA compo and academy picks that's kicking up already.

We get more screwed if we never get the chance to benefit from this stuff than if it continues and we get the chance to pick up academy players and F/S ourselves.

Nah, the system is a joke and should be scrapped ASAP. Don't care if we don't get to join in on the rort.

Give every team a pool of points based on ladder position.

Then each pick is bid on, players cost points not picks, FA compo comes out of your points pool.

Will also see a few more player for player trades.
Thinking about this more with the FA compo controversy, this makes sense. Compo goes to a club in points for losing a FA, with the compo probably coming from a combination of the club acquiring the player and the AFL tipping in some extra points. Spreads the cost and the burden

I do really want Bolton, but I’d love me some balls to the Wall’s trading plans.

Offer Tigers 10 and 18. Give them 72 hours. Tell them if they don’t accept we will auction off pick 10 and the next offer will be 11 and 18.

Then follow through on it like mad men!

GWS get band 2 (pick 22) for Cumming.

Gives them 15,16,21. Could we try to do 11 for 16,21 or similar?

With other bits to balance - just gives us an extra first to work with even for drafting needs?

Edit: This would likely only work if Pickett/Warner are definitely off the table for 2024.

Could trade 10/16 for Bolton.
18 and 21 to the draft and satisfy the 2in4 rule for the next four years to get aggressive over that period too.

Last edited:

With other bits to balance - just gives us an extra first to work with even for drafting needs?

So our pick 27 is now pick 30? Our free agency system is absolutely ridiculous. None of the players that have left as free agents would be worth first round picks on the open market

Certainly provides options.

Would be more like:
11 and 29 for 16 and 23 + some real trash stuff (like F4)

Leave us with 10, 16, 18, 23 as firsts.

Edit: This would likely only work if Pickett/Warner are definitely off the table for 2024.

Could trade 10/16 for Bolton.
18 and 21 to the draft and satisfy the 2in4 rule for the next four years to get aggressive over that period too.

Saints have back to back picks too. I’d imagine they will explore options as well.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I notice that Brodie is staying at the club.
I wonder what his role is to be.
My take on him is that he doesn not do enough between stoppages.He is good at them. Has good quick hands, but does not get to enough contests.
Only my opinion.And not quick enough.

Nah we just delisted that guy
You got my point. Mundy I could see working off half back or half forward but Fyfe as a runner might be JOM competition.
Or maybe he bcomes the minder for Amiss. He needs to be protected from all the scraggers.
That's an interesting suggestion, a full time blocker. But probably then it would still just mean the opposition have an extra defender.

Brad Johnson just said on trade radio freo are looking at todd curley for a role at club

They will want to have made their position clear prior to list lodgement, so they can be delisted and moved to the rookie list for 2025 for salary reasons.

I'm not a fan of retiring in the new year, it just stuffs your club to run either one short on the squad or bringing in someone like Winder as a SSP choice.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 List Management thread - Trade Targets Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back