List Mgmt. 2024 List Management thread - Trade Targets Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Personally think we’re holding onto one of 10 or 11 to then do a trade with Sydney or GWS to turn it into 2x 1st rounders so we can tick the 2 in 4 years rule and trade 3x 1sts for Warner and some seconds (to help match academy player bids in the next 2 years)

11 + 18 for Bolton
10 to Sydney for 19 and 22(still a 1st round pick)
Next year AFL can’t stop us trading F1sts.

The more I read FB posts and comments from bitter Richmond supporters saying Bolton is a downhill skier, the more I think we should hold firm on retaining pick 10.

I know deep down he’s exactly what we need, but I’m now getting strong Tim Kelly “blow your dough” vibes.

Reassurance on his best work / stats please.

Bolton is a downhill skier, but adds a different dimension.

Downhill skiers need to be as surrounded by defensive minded group to balance it out.

Brad Hill was a down hill skier, they have a role.

Downhill skiers need to be as surrounded by defensive minded group to balance it out.

I think a little bit different, actually a lot.

You need the inside beasts, the outlets and outsiders. It’s a good mix between all three layers.

Bolton is the outlet who can destroy teams from the context. Inside he is horrible.

I really don't think people are suitably pricing in the reality that with Bolton's family already here there isn't a future with him playing on at Richmond and spending considerable time in WA during the season for personal reasons will reduce his trade price end of 2025 to a token gesture.

I really don't think people are suitably pricing in the reality that with Bolton's family already here there isn't a future with him playing on at Richmond and spending considerable time in WA during the season for personal reasons will reduce his trade price end of 2025 to a token gesture.
It doesn't matter, Walls has said we are paying up

There must have been agreements made on our side for it to go this far too

A video titled “Every Shai Bolton goal in 2024” but they missed the Saints game where he kicked 4 and was arguably best on.

But yeah I don’t know how anyone can watch a Bolton highlight video and not think he’s exactly what we need. Will be awesome for us.

Yeah he does things that no one on our list can do.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not sure where people get the idea this draft is super strong. Even is a more accurate word in my view. In a normal draft you have the cream that can go anywhere from 1-2 to 1-10 players in a strong draft. This year has no cream, it is all milk from pick 1 on. I'd say there is about 15 bonafide AFL quality prospects at this stage that would normally sit in the range of 5-25 in a stronger draft.

Not sure where people get the idea this draft is super strong. Even is a more accurate word in my view. In a normal draft you have the cream that can go anywhere from 1-2 to 1-10 players in a strong draft. This year has no cream, it is all milk from pick 1 on. I'd say there is about 15 bonafide AFL quality prospects at this stage that would normally sit in the range of 5-25 in a stronger draft.

Every year we get told it’s a super draft so I don’t read too much into it. 3 out of the last 4 drafts have been kinda meh with 2021 being the exception.

Kinnear Beatson and David Walls have said its a strong draft

2 of the best in the business

Or the reason they’re already here is because we’ve agreed to pay what he’s worth and the deal is as good as done

Every year we get told it’s a super draft so I don’t read too much into it. 3 out of the last 4 drafts have been kinda meh with 2021 being the exception.
Walls wasn’t too excited by last years draft. To the point where he was happy to trade out our first pick and the Collingwoods pick into this year

I don’t think our depth stacks up too badly if you stack it up against most other teams tbh.

We’re short on one or two roles depth wise but so is pretty much every team in the competition. For example Pat Voss is probably a better footballer than whoever is going to replace Joe Daniher next season. Most on here wouldn’t have even heard of the three guys Brisbane had as emergencies last week. There was only four best 22 players out so if they had so much depth why’s there two youngsters with sub-10 games each (not like they’re high picks either) and a spud KPD previously delisted by St Kilda as their emergencies?

Joyce was an emergency because two better key defenders on the list did their ACLs. Realistically I think it was just two best 22 players who missed the grand final in Coleman and McCarthy, and McCarthy is debatable with Lohmann emerging. Doedee too much of an unknown given 2 ACL tears now.

Reville, Prior and Robertson have shown a bit at AFL level from time to time and all could easily have been the emergencies instead of the players named there.

I'd agree that most teams depth isn't really that good - no one can cover good players missing.

Nah, this late on people are pretty forthcoming about the quality of the draft. Nobody was really hyping up any of the 3 draft classes you're talking about. Especially not 2022.

The "next year's draft is amazing, trust me" is the one that happens more, but even that I think is overblown.

Not to tell you how to suck eggs on your board but reckon downhill skier is an unncessary pejorative term for Bolton. Yep, he's hyper offensive, but you should set up your team's game plan to encourage that.

He's also not just a small forward - he's a legitimate impact clearance player as his 2022 showed, where he played a heap of midfield time and had over 80 shots on goal whilst still averaging 3 and a half clearances a game.

Can't think of a better match of a player to your team needs.

If we were into Jack Martin is there a chance we could look at Gary Rohan? apparently doesn’t want to retire and pretty similar to Martin. I think it’d be terrible but seems like we’re shopping in the dfa department

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 List Management thread - Trade Targets Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back