List Mgmt. 2024 List Management thread - Trade Targets Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Any chance the Bolton deal is 10, 11 (actually 12, 13 by draft night) with next years second rounder coming back (pick 19 likely before compo picks etc)?

I’m starting to think our first and 3rd picks won’t be enough and it will have to be the first 2 with something back, but they might want to keep 21 this year.

I don’t think our picks sliding a few places in this draft is a big issue. Everyone knows it’s very deep and even. Cal Twomey said the other day there will be guys taken at pick 40 who in previous drafts would have been pick 20

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

I'm close to certain that the Bolton trade will go like this, They'll ask for 10 and 11. We will say no, but how about 11 and 18? They'll say no. Then we will go, how about 10 and 18, and they will go, yeah, that sounds okay but give us a little more.

Then it will end up being 10 and 18 plus a swap of later picks and we all walk away happy.

I hope you’re right but also we need “how about you pay half his salary and we’ll give you 10 and 18”

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Let's go a blast from the past from 2019/20 and try to sign Mason Cox.

I'm wondering how Bolton will go under our game style. Richmond have been very free flowing with space for Bolton to work in.

We play a more rigid structure and a lot of the time it's slowly into packed forward line with the defence already set. Will he need to adapt or will the addition of his pace & skill allow us to be more daring.

Adding to this, although 10 and 18 are a big price for Bolton, he is going to transform how our forward line functions. It's like slotting prime Sonny in there. He's a major threat in the air, whilst also being one of the most damaging players in the comp at ground level. His 2022 was absurd and I think in the right system he can better that.

We would've finished top 4 and contended fo the flag this year if we had Bolton in our forward pocket. 0 Chance we lose against Port, Blues, Pies and Essendon with him.
Having him this year yes.
Next year will be a different kettle of fishes.
Every team in the AFL will be looking to improve.

Richmond want pick 2. We could do 11 and a future first for 2 and then trade 2 to Richmond for Bolton. Then we still have 12 and 18. We could trade 18 for Brisbane or Geelongs future first and use 12 to Draft Bo Allen.

I'm wondering how Bolton will go under our game style. Richmond have been very free flowing with space for Bolton to work in.

We play a more rigid structure and a lot of the time it's slowly into packed forward line with the defence already set. Will he need to adapt or will the addition of his pace & skill allow us to be more daring.
Think our game plan needs refinement.

To me where Bolton* is going to thrive is from our centre clearance work.

If we can have - Serong, Brayshaw, Young roving to a fit Darcy ……quick ball into a forward line of Treacy, Amiss, Switta & Jackson….Bolton should have a field day.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 List Management thread - Trade Targets Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back