List Mgmt. 2024 List Management thread - Trade Targets Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Previous post you say we should draft Allan and right after you push a case for trading in experienced players? Colour me confused.

I want a balance between the two tbh. I still think we can bring in Bolton and hold at least two top 30 picks post trade period.

I think I’ve been quite consistent with that view over the last few months even if I sometimes only talk about one of mature aged players or draft picks in a post.

The only exception to the above is when Kozzie Pickett rumours started and I was sort of like ‘**** it - Kozzie and Bolton would be so good’. I only want mature aged guns or B Graders that fit our team perfectly, otherwise I’m reasonably happy to go to the draft. Best available first up (just not talls), needs later is the best strategy assuming Bolton comes in IMO - I don’t think small forward is that far ahead of midfield and HBF if you look at it from a what we need in three years perspective rather than what we need now.

And cuts other people's grass better
happy dumb and dumber GIF

I want a balance between the two tbh. I still think we can bring in Bolton and hold at least two top 30 picks post trade period.

I think I’ve been quite consistent with that view over the last few months even if I sometimes only talk about one of mature aged players or draft picks in a post.

The only exception to the above is when Kozzie Pickett rumours started and I was sort of like ‘**** it - Kozzie and Bolton would be so good’. I only want mature aged guns or B Graders that fit our team perfectly, otherwise I’m reasonably happy to go to the draft. Best available first up (just not talls), needs later is the best strategy assuming Bolton comes in IMO - I don’t think small forward is that far ahead of midfield and HBF if you look at it from a what we need in three years perspective rather than what we need now.
Yeah I tend to agree. Bring in an established star and take a punt on a top end draft prospect. Best of both worlds.

If you are really asking and this is not some passive aggressive wank then

It was against us this year down the train station end and he already had four so I’m tipping 3rd or 4th quarter

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app
Getting a bit defensive there?

Just wanting to have a look to get a gauge on it is all. Calling it passive:aggressive is a bit random.

Bolton history - Darren was the first Peel player to play for Freo if memory serves. Not that Shai will likely play a lot of games for Peel.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Am I the only one who would prefer we just hold onto the picks and select another three first rounders?

The accepted wisdom is you build your list from the draft and then pivot to trading in when you're entering your window to maximise a push to the summit. This strategy appears to suit the aggressive goal setting from management.

I'd prefer to to simply making value based decisions rather than trying to time the market.

Bolton will be 26 next year. He's played 135 games over 8 seasons. Optimistically We would get 6 years and 120 games out of Bolton. I think there is more long term value in picks 9&10 or 9&16.

AFL is a funny business where winning a premiership is all that ever matters. It makes arguments like overpaying for Bolton is the right play given our window. For what it's worth, Brisbane's premiership team had one first year player, two second year players and two third year players.
I'd prefer to get Bolton with a first rounder and a F1, then draft two first round picks this year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The fact it’s so even is why I can see us splitting 10 with Sydney or GWS, they both have pretty stacked lists, so if someone they really want is still on the board at our pick, I can see 19 & 22 being offered by them, just depends on if walls thinks two of his targets will still be at those picks or not.

Sydney aren't going to do us any favours knowing we're trying to poach The Chad.

What's with all the love for Allen?

Surely we have more pressing needs with half backs, small and mid sized forwards?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

191cm mid/HB from WA that seems to find time and space with good ball use and a leader. What's not to like?

Am I the only one who would prefer we just hold onto the picks and select another three first rounders?

The accepted wisdom is you build your list from the draft and then pivot to trading in when you're entering your window to maximise a push to the summit. This strategy appears to suit the aggressive goal setting from management.

I'd prefer to to simply making value based decisions rather than trying to time the market.

Bolton will be 26 next year. He's played 135 games over 8 seasons. Optimistically We would get 6 years and 120 games out of Bolton. I think there is more long term value in picks 9&10 or 9&16.

AFL is a funny business where winning a premiership is all that ever matters. It makes arguments like overpaying for Bolton is the right play given our window. For what it's worth, Brisbane's premiership team had one first year player, two second year players and two third year players.

We beat both Grand Finalists this year and lost to the preliminary finalists by a kick. Our time is now. The likes of Neil Erasmus and Cooper Simpson were early picks and can't get a game. Sam Sturt was a first round pick 5 years ago and just became a regular.

Does going to the draft with 3 first rounders make us a better side in 2030? Absolutely. But we've been rebuilding for a decade, strike while the iron is hot.

If Shai Bolton was at Freo this year and kicked the same number of goals he did at the wooden spooners we finish top 4 IMO.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 List Management thread - Trade Targets Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back