List Mgmt. 2024 List Management thread - Trade Targets Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

We don’t have 2-3 years for players to come good.

If we have Bolton this year it’s likely we are top 4
Are we not going to exist in 2 -3 years?
Also Bolton averaged 1.5gpg. and the player he's replacing averages 0.9. that's a difference of 3-4 points.

Bolton is obviously much better and I haven't looked into score involvements and gone deeper. I assume Shai would be ahead in a number of categories but I merely want our chase of Shai to be based on reason.

Waaaay better and smarter clubs than Freo are breaking their necks to get as many picks in this draft as they can

But not good old Freo

We know better

“ picks you say ? “

“ you want picks ? “

“ we got picks maaaate “

“ heaps of picks “

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app

Why are you acting like a whining bitch

2024 - Brissy already answered
2023 - Pies, Howe, Frampton, Hill, Titch, Cameron, Crisp
2022 - Jez, Danger (don't need to check for more after those 2 lol)
2021 - May, Brown
2017,2019, 2020 - Lynch, Prestia, Caddy (no Lynch in 17)
2018 - Redden, Kennedy, Jetta, Cripps
2016 - Hammer, Biggs, Boyd

I hear this a lot when talking about this

Has any team been brave enough to just stick to the draft ?

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app
its not brave because players eventually get fed up with waiting on development and walk out

you become a revolving door of exits (something we have been pretty close too, luckily the majority lost haven't been key pieces)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm not comparing where Hawthorns list was at. I'm comparing players and Chad Wingard was the half forward pushing into the midfield star that we see in Shai.

Well that’s a disingenuous comparison then because you have to factor in the club they are being traded to and the position they are in. A Rolls Royce isn’t going to look as good in the driveway of a crack den as it would in the driveway of a mansion.

The Wingard and Bolton comparisons in isolation still don’t make sense regardless considering Wingard was looking like a future superstar of the comp before a mixture of injuries and poor work ethic derailed his career. Bolton is still performing at a very high level even in one of the worst teams of all time.

Pretty funny how the narrative has been spun that it's a super draft. Not sure if people fully realise but it's part of Walls remit right now to make people believe the draft is the best one since 2019.

Pretty funny watching people get sucked into the narrative. No situational awareness.

This is an even draft. A super draft cannot be determined until 4 to 5 years after it actually happened. The 2020 draft looked good too, turned out to be one of the worst in ages.

Ahem, what am I saying. Apologies Richmond supporters, it's a generational draft. Move along.

Pretty funny how the narrative has been spun that it's a super draft. Not sure if people fully realise but it's part of Walls remit right now to make people believe the draft is the best one since 2019.

Pretty funny watching people get sucked into the narrative. No situational awareness.

This is an even draft. A super draft cannot be determined until 4 to 5 years after it actually happened. The 2020 draft looked good too, turned out to be one of the worst in ages.

Ahem, what am I saying. Apologies Richmond supporters, it's a generational draft. Move along.
It's been a super draft from long before we were handing our picks to Richmond

Why is it so hard for people to believe that recruiters rate this draft?

Our main issue is we are ready for an immediate hit, Bolton brings that for 6+ years

I see. Lachie Neale is a much better comparison than Chad Wingard.

In terms of the trade itself, the position of the clubs at the respective times, and the list needs, yes, the Neale trade is more comparable to the Bolton trade than the Wingard trade. And even if you are looking at solely the player like you are, Bolton is a much better player now then Wingard was when Hawthorn traded for him.

Anyway this is going around in circles, there is a reason you are in the minority with your viewpoint. You cannot build a premiership team solely off drafting, it just doesn’t happen.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 List Management thread - Trade Targets Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back