List Mgmt. 2024 List Management thread - Trade Targets Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

homer simpson GIF

Is it possible Darcy saw this and thought it said you don't win flags with salad?

Creating an account just to reply to this. Give it a ****ing rest. We signed this guy long-term; he's a pro, so are our sports scientists. Acting like he's a lazy player who has the strength and conditioning guys tearing out their hair is a weird, vindictive fantasy of yours. Pure tap ruckmen want to carry as much mass as possible because a ruck contest is Newtonian physics and the bigger object in motion pushes the smaller object out of the way. That is what makes Darcy so good at winning and holding space in a ruck contest. It is incredibly hard to put on that amount of mass while staying lean. Maybe he will slim down fractionally to save his joints, but that will have a negative impact on his pure ruck work.

So what will be the last trades done in the last 5 mins? They always like to manufacture some drama in the last few minutes. Hopefully Bolton isn’t in the last few minutes.
I'l forever be cursed of the image in my mind of Colon Young on that stupid doco running through the hall to the Bulldogs' list managers in the dying moments as if he was actually contributing anything to proceedings.

Once again. In no way is Chad Wingard similar to Bolton.

I'm sold.

Not

So what will be the last trades done in the last 5 mins? They always like to manufacture some drama in the last few minutes. Hopefully Bolton isn’t in the last few minutes.

Warner or Kozzi.

As long as his head is in the right space and he's hungry getting Bolton is a no brainer. Immediately becomes our most dangerous and damaging non tall forward who can also go in the middle. And by extension makes Freddy Switta etc. more dangerous because they'll be getting less attention. It's 2 good picks but that's the price you have to pay. If you went to the draft you'd hope to draft someone who would be as good as Bolton if you were lucky but the kid would likely take 2 or 3 years to reach his peak. Bolton is in his prime right now.

As long as his head is in the right space and he's hungry getting Bolton is a no brainer. Immediately becomes our most dangerous and damaging non tall forward who can also go in the middle. And by extension makes Freddy Switta etc. more dangerous because they'll be getting less attention. It's 2 good picks but that's the price you have to pay. If you went to the draft you'd hope to draft someone who would be as good as Bolton if you were lucky but the kid would likely take 2 or 3 years to reach his peak. Bolton is in his prime right now.
Yep, good, needed that.

Melbourne has shut down any trade of Clayton Oliver, who wants to join Geelong after meeting the Cats last week. It came after the Demons took a look at trade options.

Melbourne has done the same for Kozzy Pickett, who expressed interest last month in exploring a trade to Western Australia. – Callum Twomey
Aight, we don't have to hang the club for not wanting Kozzy enough (for now).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Melbourne has shut down any trade of Clayton Oliver, who wants to join Geelong after meeting the Cats last week. It came after the Demons took a look at trade options.

Melbourne has done the same for Kozzy Pickett, who expressed interest last month in exploring a trade to Western Australia. – Callum Twomey

Btwn this and pointing out the Barrass thing, this is like the 2nd time today we've commented the same thing at practically the same time. Practically In Sync (apart from the fact I rate Raz more highly than you).

Btwn this and pointing out the Barrass thing, this is like the 2nd time today we've commented the same thing at practically the same time. Practically In Sync (apart from the fact I rate Raz more highly than you).
hahaha bloody hell (Ras had a good finals series)

Watching you 2:

Best Friends Friend GIF by PermissionIO

If anyone is feeling glum about Pickett after reading that article, the news that North think Jack Darling will improve their forward pressure should cheer you up

If anyone is feeling glum about Pickett after reading that article, the news that North think Jack Darling will improve their forward pressure should cheer you up
He will definitely put pressure on their forwards...

hahaha bloody hell (Ras had a good finals series)
Oh for the record you're 1 of the most switched on when it comes to keeping up with WAFL + have noticed the improvements, just have understandable question marks about how far he can go with the speed stuff. I may think you overrate how much that matters, but can't question your arguments are well-reasoned and come from what you've watched, not what you've read from someone else. Don't have to agree with a take 100% to respect it.

I’m just old school I guess

Draft your players

Pay your players

Fiddle around with trading for blokes who aren’t getting a go here and there and want to come to you for football reasons

Motivation wins

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app
Mate, that’s all well and good but you are talking about an entirely contrived sporting body who manipulate all aspects of the game for financial gain and to assist VFL clubs.
It is putrid corruption.
This club got off to a poor start because our inaugural coach had philosophical differences about player drafts likening them to a meat market. The Fremantle Football club is only now starting to recover.
Romantic, old fashioned idealism like doing all your list building through drafts is doomed to fail especially when we have a corrupt executive dishing out compensation picks of the kind we have just seen.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 List Management thread - Trade Targets Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back