List Mgmt. 2024 List Management thread - Trade Targets Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Garlick is being a bit too forward in stating his desire to get these players there I reckon.

It’s just leads to overpaying.
Its amazing how thrifty clubs become in negotiating when they have minimal capital.

Then when you have the opposite I.e. us this year and the suns every year - you just seem to pay more and get less value.
I think that this covers him if the deal falls through.

He's also said we are happy with the picks if we can't get a deal done.

I think this goes to 9 & 18 and Bolton + change.

If Richmond get too greedy, we trade 10 for a future first. Our Future picks won't be on the table as we need them next year.

Wallsy:

Shai - Still Early, work to do.
10 & 18 around the mark.
There is a walk away point.

Brayshaw - encouraging early talks. Committed, loves the state and club.

Walls:

Love to bring him in. Still early days.
Still work to do.
Gotta sit with Richmond.

10 and 18 sits around the mark. If it gets too expensive we will walk away, given contract length and cost of picks.

Possibly moving picks, rolling one forward, as we think we could get overs..if we’re still holding picks at the end of trades

Andy really committed, should be done in the next couple of weeks

Carlton need a pinch of crazy Vozzy to release the purse strings a bit. Surely where their list is at you just deal that pick 12 and change for Houston and get it done.

Houston is feeling all a bit straight forward now.
Noble and F1 to GC for 14 (surely there is no way GC have to add to that).
Richards and 14 to Port for Houston (probably a bit light for Port but Richards will be good you think).

Adam Cooney's take today.....Nat Fyfe for a future 4th rounder. He must have had a huge weekend to come up with that gem 🤣

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Garlick is being a bit too forward in stating his desire to get these players there I reckon.

It’s just leads to overpaying.
Its amazing how thrifty clubs become in negotiating when they have minimal capital.

Then when you have the opposite I.e. us this year and the suns every year - you just seem to pay more and get less value.
I think it is like good cop, bad cop.

Garlick signalling to the players that the club is desperate to get you in and how talented you are, to offset Walls lowballing the clubs in negotiations.

No surprised trade request yet???

Wild
This is pure gut feel, but I reckon the Saints are probably still pushing for a big fish behind closed doors, especially now they have 7 and 8 or whatever it is.

Feel like they will be blowing up the phones of the management of players like LDU, Brayshaw and even players like Ed Richards. Trying to pry someone out as a pre-agent.

Walls talks a big game but odds on based on his prior history and the situation at hand he's going to fold and hand over 10 and 11. Richmond will know that. The question is how much can he squeeze back our way? Salary relief I assume. Were it to be picks then most likely a pick in the 30s or 40s but if he pushes hard is 24 a legitimate aim? Richmond will get 20 from Brisbane for those junk picks they'won't use, so 24 might be attainable?? Or wishful thinking?
I'm pessimistically resigned to losing 10 and 11 now.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 List Management thread - Trade Targets Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back