List Mgmt. 2024 List Management thread - Trade Targets Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Houston is a top five HBF in the league.

If Rioli of worth pick 6 then Houston is worth four first rounders.

Rioli isn't worth pick 6 to any other club, same as Weller wasn't worth pick 2 to any other club. It's also why the chat around Bolton is two first round picks, he's a desperate need for us and we have the capital to easily trade 2 out. Basically the reason why I don't want any of this years firsts pushed into 2025 just to satisfy the Swans.

Pickett watch is officially dead.
How is it dead? Melbourne aren't going to come out and publicly say that they're willing to trade him. At the very least, it would weaken their negotiating position.

It sounds like they really want more picks in this draft. Pick 11 could be a great centrepiece of any trade to get Pickett out of Melbourne.

How is it dead? Melbourne aren't going to come out and publicly say that they're willing to trade him. At the very least, it would weaken their negotiating position.

It sounds like they really want more picks in this draft. Pick 11 could be a great centrepiece of any trade to get Pickett out of Melbourne.
With Kozzie being contracted we really need him forcing his way out, or the Dees pushing him out for assets. The dees won't push him out and Kozzie isn't doing anything to force his way out (Although behind closed doors we potentially haven't been able to promise a deal gets done which as stopped him pushing).

The noise dying down also suggests it, for whatever reason, has fizzled out.

Walls talks a big game but odds on based on his prior history and the situation at hand he's going to fold and hand over 10 and 11. Richmond will know that. The question is how much can he squeeze back our way? Salary relief I assume. Were it to be picks then most likely a pick in the 30s or 40s but if he pushes hard is 24 a legitimate aim? Richmond will get 20 from Brisbane for those junk picks they'won't use, so 24 might be attainable?? Or wishful thinking?
I'm pessimistically resigned to losing 10 and 11 now.
The Jordan Clark trade is my reference point to counter this. We stood firm on not giving up 19. We did the trade up (might've even been 2 trade-ups?), we gave up a F3 in the trade, but we stood firm on pick 19 being a bridge too far.

Looking at some of the offers Gold Coast are apparently getting for pick 13, I'd hope that we have the same attitude of "keeping pick 11 is a must" as we had for pick 19 that year. In that scenario I think we'd give up a bunch of steak knives, probably an unpalatable amount of steak knives. But I think/hope it's 10 and 18 as the bulk of the trade.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The situation with Kozzie is no doubt the same it has always been: Kozzie wants a trade to Freo, Melbourne won't play ball. Even the most optimistic reports/rumours have firmly positioned Melbourne as the barrier to a trade. After the Bolton trade is done, and keeping our options open for Warner, we don't have the godfather deal that would make them profoundly reevaluate.

At least what I got from that interview is its exactly what it's been sounding like. Melbourne said absolutely no chance. I can live with that, I'd want us to do the same. I'll be stunned if he plays his whole career there though given the wording used. No way he extends on his next contract

At least I got from that exactly it's been sounding like. Melbourne said absolutely no chance. I can live with that, I'd want us to do the same. I'll be stunned if he plays his whole career there though given the wording used. No way he extends on his next contract
Just seems really unfair to the bloke. If they trade Oliver and not him. One has a genuine reason and other not so much.

At least what I got from that interview is its exactly what it's been sounding like. Melbourne said absolutely no chance. I can live with that, I'd want us to do the same. I'll be stunned if he plays his whole career there though given the wording used. No way he extends on his next contract

Cold comfort for Freo fans, given his contract runs until 2027.

Cold comfort for Freo fans, given his contract runs until 2027.
Probably works better for us if we are getting Chad and Bolton. Kozzie down the track might be more feasible from a cap perspective, even if we have to wait

The Jordan Clark trade is my reference point to counter this. We stood firm on not giving up 19. We did the trade up (might've even been 2 trade-ups?), we gave up a F3 in the trade, but we stood firm on pick 19 being a bridge too far.

Looking at some of the offers Gold Coast are apparently getting for pick 13, I'd hope that we have the same attitude of "keeping pick 11 is a must" as we had for pick 19 that year. In that scenario I think we'd give up a bunch of steak knives, probably an unpalatable amount of steak knives. But I think/hope it's 10 and 18 as the bulk of the trade.
From memory Belly did the Clark trade and they made him run around to turn a mid 20s pick into a low 20s pick, and when he did what they asked they tried it on again and he held firm the second time.

Anyway in the end Clark worked out vety well the same as Bolton will work our very well. Im sure we'd all rather 10 and 18 but I actually think if he could somehow get 24 back after handing over 10 and 11 he's had a win

He said they're not trading Oliver either
Yeah Geelong can get stuffed. They offer significant unders and sell high. It's almost expected clubs just bend over. When we didn't for Clark the media we bashing us hard.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 List Management thread - Trade Targets Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back