List Mgmt. 2024 List Management thread - Trade Targets

What is the maximum (walk away point) you would pay for Bolton.

• 9 OR 10

Votes: 13 7.5%
  • 9 & 25

Votes: 33 19.0%
  • 9 & 17

Votes: 85 48.9%
  • 9 & F1

Votes: 18 10.3%
  • 9 & 10

Votes: 22 12.6%
  • 9, 10 & 17

Votes: 3 1.7%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
We sort of half talked about it but Charlie Cameron is a serious watch. Rumours he's already requested a trade and Cal yesterday mentioned he's one to watch for asking a trade.

Not sure if it's here but I think he's leaving Brisbane

We sort of half talked about it but Charlie Cameron is a serious watch. Rumours he's already requested a trade and Cal yesterday mentioned he's one to watch for asking a trade.

Not sure if it's here but I think he's leaving Brisbane

Not sure how I feel about this.

Historically, we have not done well bringing in 29 or 30 year olds into the club.

Especially players having a bad year. Not sure he is the type of player, to play well into his 30's.

Question.

Have we got the $$$ to fit in warner?

And baker$$$$$?

And Cameron$$$$$$$?

Know one of the commentators said we had a decent warchest ready to trade but to get all of the above without trading say… darcy? will take a warvault…

Historically, we have not done well bringing in 29 or 30 year olds into the club.

Especially players having a bad year. Not sure he is the type of player, to play well into his 30's.
This would be my concern too, players relying on explosive burst are often some of the first to drop off.

Some of them can adapt and use footy smarts to prolong some impact, but never at their peak.

Someone like Eddie Betts is best case scenario, he lost his speed but was still pretty agile and incredibly smart, and continued to apply defensive pressure.

The only part of his play that has dropped off is his goalkicking accuracy - set shot in particular.

He's had more shots than Toby Greene, Tyson Stengel and Tom Papley this year.

This would be my concern too, players relying on explosive burst are often some of the first to drop off.

Some of them can adapt and use footy smarts to prolong some impact, but never at their peak.

Someone like Eddie Betts is best case scenario, he lost his speed but was still pretty agile and incredibly smart, and continued to apply defensive pressure.

It even caught up with him at Carlton, and the last year or two at Adelaide. He also had elite skills on both feet, and could do brilliant work in a phone box and he still struggled towards the end.

I don't think Cameron has the same skills as Eddie (very very few players do)

Feel like Brissie would be absolute pricks at the trade table considering how long they rebuilt for and them not wanting to give up on their premiership window

A 29 year old Cameron is exactly the move a club right in it's window should make, one that thinks next year we should be winning the flag and this bloke will push us over the line.
You know, the sort of thing in 2024 that a club that said 3 prelims and a flag by 2025 would do, if that was serious and not just marketing guff.
It's not the move for a club that thinks we're still 2-3 years off.
Will be interesting to see if we have a crack.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Chad Warner shuts down trade rumours committed to remaining at Sydney and a premiership run​

Headshot of Jackson Barrett
Jackson BarrettThe West Australian
Tue, 28 May 2024 7:30PM
Comments
Jackson Barrett
In-demand Sydney midfielder Chad Warner says he is not interested in a move home to Perth at this stage of his career and says he has ‘plenty of time’ left at the Swans.
Warner said a shift to either Fremantle or West Coast was not in his thinking “at this stage” as the two West Australian clubs circle the Swans star.

Ah yes. AFL to the rescue to ensure Warner gets paid

That argument needs to be made against evidence that:
  • how those clubs perform against other clubs in retaining or attracting players. If they are in the same ball park, don't change anything. If the players are happy with their contracts, they stay and if they aren't....they still stay....? Nup.
  • that the advantages of living in the city where investing in property isn't a significant financial benefit that counteracts cost of living. I have a family member returning to Perth soon and anticipating a whopping tax free addition to his bank account when he sells in Sydney and buys in Success.
  • players committing to smaller cities with lower cost of living (outside Sydney and Melbourne) have reduced opportunity to attract non footballing contracts from the likes of Vissy or in the media. In their own right, a club based in Tasmania for example, may be able to legitimately make a similar adjustment such as a Restricted Earnings Adjustment.

Chad Warner shuts down trade rumours committed to remaining at Sydney and a premiership run​

Headshot of Jackson Barrett
Jackson BarrettThe West Australian
Tue, 28 May 2024 7:30PM
Comments
Jackson Barrett
In-demand Sydney midfielder Chad Warner says he is not interested in a move home to Perth at this stage of his career and says he has ‘plenty of time’ left at the Swans.
Warner said a shift to either Fremantle or West Coast was not in his thinking “at this stage” as the two West Australian clubs circle the Swans star.
Did anyone else read the article and think the headline doesn't really reflect the quotes of what he said? This is why the West is so derided, the article is actually reasonable, the headline writing is shizen

Did anyone else read the article and think the headline doesn't really reflect the quotes of what he said? This is why the West is so derided, the article is actually reasonable, the headline writing is shizen
I Haven't seen the whole article. True about the headlines though. Even worse on youtube

If Brisbane's playing group is frustrated enough with Cameron for leaking their boys trip content the Lions may push him out the door for whatever they can get.

Especially if a player like McCluggage says he doesn't want to work with him.

The dream would be that they take a pick in the 50s and pay half his salary to see the back of him.

Reads like an attempt specifically to shut down the speculation.
Really, the only thing it confirms is that if he wins the flag this year he will likely request a trade back home if a deal can be done. Time to cheer cheer the red and the white.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back