Votes: 169 67.3%
  • Charlie Curnow

Votes: 14 5.6%
  • Shai Bolton

Votes: 10 4.0%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Yep not sure why some get excited
Because he’s cheap & if the medical staff can get him fit could be a great pick up. Look at his finals series last year he was brilliant. He bring something different to freo’s list.

Being realistic freo are probably less then 5% chance at getting one of Warner or Bolton out of there contracts this season. Martin is a good stopgap if they can get him on the park.

In what way?
He was sub last week.

Players tend to only get a couple of weeks as sub before either coming in, or going to peel for game time.

Walters, NOD, Stanley, Ras on the way back.

If 2 of our mids are injured/suspended surely Brodie plays?

When McDonald, Cox and Pearce all played round 1 who would have guessed we'd win a game against top of the ladder a few months later with Draper and Davies as our key backs? You need depth.

I think it’d take more than two injuries for him to come into the team tbh. That’s how far I believe he’s fallen and why I’d have no issues moving him on.

NOD being injured all year is possibly the only thing stopping a few of our best 22 outside mids from being genuine options to play an entire game inside mid if needed - Johnson and JOM in particular.

If the emergencies are anything to go by, Erasmus being emergency every single week pretty much and Brodie never means Erasmus is ahead if you’re going to pick someone without demonstrated versatility to play another position.

That’s the thing a lot of people who say we need these depth players don’t seem to understand imo. Depth isn’t players 23-30 - it’s from 1-30 if there’s enough versatility in the squad. Brodie doesn’t have that so he’s a long way back now he’s behind Erasmus.

The ‘depth’ player that people seem to think we need by suggesting we can’t get rid of Brodie on the average season plays between 0 and 5 games. I’d honestly back Walls to find a player good enough to do that running around in the state leagues.

I’m not just okay with seeing Brodie. I think it’s something we’d be stupid not to do if the opportunity was there tbh.

I'd be cashing out Ras while he still has some value tbh but I know thats not gonna be popular on here

He’s doing fine imo. Walks into the side as soon as Fyfe retires unless we get someone like Warner.

I don’t think we need ‘value’ from a player on our list when we’ve got four picks inside 25.

Personally I see Erasmus as a top 30 player on our list quite easily - if he had some more versatility he’d be much higher.

I'd be cashing out Ras while he still has some value tbh but I know thats not gonna be popular on here
If he asks out, maybe, but there is no way we are getting better depth for next year and a 2nd round pick holds very little value to me. Dont see any benefit in trading him out just because

If he asks out, maybe, but there is no way we are getting better depth for next year and a 2nd round pick holds very little value to me. Dont see any benefit in trading him out just because
Brodie is fine depth in that role, arguably better due to his footy brain (arguably worse due to the tank tho)

I'd be lookin for a F2, handy to have up our sleeves for next year IMO

Brodie is fine depth in that role, arguably better due to his footy brain (arguably worse due to the tank tho)

I'd be lookin for a F2, handy to have up our sleeves for next year IMO
Nah, makes no sense to me, that feels like a bit of your rating coming through. Also, he is clearly ahead of Brodie in the pecking order

Nah, makes no sense to me, that feels like a bit of your rating coming through. Also, he is clearly ahead of Brodie in the pecking order
Yeah Ras is ahead in the pecking order but I have to assume thats on a growth mindset with Ras, like they're pretty equal so the deciding factor between them is Ras with AFL time could possibly improve but Brodie has peaked.

If they are purely depth then Brodie is completely fine

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Johnson takes that spot

Noddy/Stanley onto the wing

JOM in patches for Johnsons hybrid mid role

I actually think there’s a fair chance Stanley gets delisted tbh.

Maybe I’m being harsh as he’s been injured a lot this year but hasn’t really impressed me when watching Peel as much as last year.

Unless we can salary dump Brodie, the last one or two cut aren’t going to be popular with everyone.

Johnson is already playing inside a lot and JOM probably has 2-3 years left.

Is this not just like Henry? If we let him go in 2022 it would’ve been a third rounder at most. We forced him into the team the next year, he finally showed he could be half decent and we pushed his value up a round.

Point 1: Currently lowest, end of next year will likely be lower

Not seeing any improvements in the areas that he has obviously been left in WAFL to improve.

point 2: Nope
As per snuffs reply .. wow so we “potentially “ get a second (mid at absolute best) whilst if we wait and he till OOC we get A 3rd?

Yea that equates to to about 3/5ths of **** all difference to the club in the scheme of things*

- or here’s another revolutionary thought … we hold onto our 20 year old top 10 pick for another year and see how his development continues (noting he’s the WAFLs top sides best ball winner(and often by extension among their best players) basically every week.

Point 2 - obviously joking but the fact that you want to trade him just for the sake of it as opposed to the idea the club has Zero , let me repeat zero to gain and , potentially , everything to lose by doing this suggest the kid clearly grinds your gears

He was sub last week.

Players tend to only get a couple of weeks as sub before either coming in, or going to peel for game time.

Walters, NOD, Stanley, Ras on the way back.

They said in commentary that Aish was only sub for matchup reasons. He has been a mainstay in our side under JLo and I highly doubt that changes.

They said in commentary that Aish was only sub for matchup reasons. He has been a mainstay in our side under JLo and I highly doubt that changes.
Wagner has been very good in that role, feels very hard for Aish to take that spot back. Sub at best and JL likes Walters as much as he likes Aish...

Point 2 - obviously joking but the fact that you want to trade him just for the sake of it as opposed to the idea the club has Zero , let me repeat zero to gain and , potentially , everything to lose by doing this suggest the kid clearly grinds your gears
Just going to address this part to call it nonsense as I CBF with the back and forth

I know it's not a popular opinion because we all want our top 10 picks to work out.

I am basing my judgement off what I watch in the preseason and WAFL (And AFL when Ras does play it)

Please stop suggesting that I hate/dislike the kid because I don't rate what he is bringing to the table as a footballer.

I'm not seeing any improvement in areas that I have previously talked about, I don't want to "trade him for the sake of it" I reckon we are tight AF on list spots and I think we can do better.

This is all based on what I'm seeing and how I'm projecting his progress for the rest of the year, IF I see him turning a corner then I may change my opinion.

He's looked pretty spuddish at AFL level but it's just too early to give up on him.

Harsh. He hasn’t had a proper crack at playing his no 1 position, and it generally takes a long time for a young player to adjust to the level of AFL.

He’s a victim of our rebuild being at the stage it is - we don’t have the luxury of blooding players and rushing them to 50 games like we did with Cerra, Brayshaw, Serong and Young.

I see zero value in trading him this year, unless he really wants to leave for opportunity

Is this not just like Henry? If we let him go in 2022 it would’ve been a third rounder at most. We forced him into the team the next year, he finally showed he could be half decent and we pushed his value up a round.
Could've said the same thing about Sharp when Gold Coast chose to keep him another year. Turned out they got nothing coz they played hardball without having a plan if Sharp stayed. Keeping Henry only worked for that purpose coz we had a spot for him.

For it to be a smart decision to keep Raz (either for better trade or because we see potential in him and genuinely want to keep him long term), there has to be a viable plan for how he gets a spot in the team next year. After that, it's up to him.

In Raz's case, I think there is (but I'm higher on him than many), but that plan quickly gets thrown into question if we get anybody in trades that is a further obstacle for a spot (eg: if Warner 2024 is viable).

Could've said the same thing about Sharp when Gold Coast chose to keep him another year. Turned out they got nothing coz they played hardball without having a plan if Sharp stayed. Keeping Henry only worked for that purpose coz we had a spot for him.

For it to be a smart decision to keep Raz (either for better trade or because we see potential in him and genuinely want to keep him long term), there has to be a viable plan for how he gets a spot in the team next year. After that, it's up to him.

In Raz's case, I think there is (but I'm higher on him than many), but that plan quickly gets thrown into question if we get anybody in trades that is a further obstacle for a spot (eg: if Warner 2024 is viable).
This is the same problem I have with keeping Ras, no direct path into the B23, especially if we think we are a serious chance of getting Warner even at the end of 2025, Johnson is clearly being groomed as the Fyfe successor which would open a spot for an outside mid (NOD/Stanley/Simpson) in 2025 before Warner arrived. You’d think Ras can read the tea leaves and would be looking elsewhere. If the Weagles offered us their second pick, you’d have to consider it even if it was just to bundle with the saints second to trade into next years 1st round.

This is the same problem I have with keeping Ras, no direct path into the B23, especially if we think we are a serious chance of getting Warner even at the end of 2025, Johnson is clearly being groomed as the Fyfe successor which would open a spot for an outside mid (NOD/Stanley/Simpson) in 2025 before Warner arrived. You’d think Ras can read the tea leaves and would be looking elsewhere. If the Weagles offered us their second pick, you’d have to consider it even if it was just to bundle with the saints second to trade into next years 1st round.
I think Fyfe last year is next year, and Ras can have that role. Hopefully he will get 5 to 10 games next year.

We need an inside mid extractor.

Back