• Chad Warner

Votes: 190 65.1%
  • Charlie Curnow

Votes: 13 4.5%
  • Shai Bolton

Votes: 33 11.3%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

It's fair to say the club is ALL IN on this playing group.

That is some serious long term planning based around some lengthy extensions now for Amiss, Serong, Darcy, Jackson, Walker, Chapman, Ryan, Young and Cox.

The only core guy that doesn't have a long-term deal is Brayshaw.

It's fair to say the club is ALL IN on this playing group.

That is some serious long term planning based around some lengthy extensions now for Amiss, Serong, Darcy, Jackson, Walker, Chapman, Ryan, Young and Cox.

The only core guy that doesn't have a long-term deal is Brayshaw.
AB is next years Xmas present

With Darcy locked in, we badly need some more class in our forward line and outside speed in the midfield.

Here are a few players I like the sound of, and with 3 first round picks we should be able to get some of them.

Malakai Champion​

Subiaco/WA
Forward, 176cm
DOB: 17/05/06

A livewire small forward, Champion is an X-Factor player who brings great class, electric speed and pressure. He can get the job done both offensively and defensively and has an outstanding goal sense. Champion kicked 22 goals from 14 WAFL Colts games as a bottom-age player this year and racked up 16 disposals in the under-17 Futures game for Team Selwood. Hailing from Kalgoorlie in regional WA, he is a member of West Coast’s Next Generation Academy.

Sid Draper​

South Adelaide/SA
Midfielder, 180cm
DOB: 05/07/06

The tough onballer featured in all four games of the under-18 national championships for South Australia, won the side’s MVP award and was named an All-Australian despite being a bottom-age player. He has burst speed from stoppages, clean hands, good footy smarts and a nice balance between his inside and outside game. A consistent high performer, Draper averaged 116 ranking points across 14 SANFL under-18 games this year. He is the younger brother of Arlo Draper, a 2021 draftee who was delisted by Collingwood in October.

Isaac Kako​

Calder Cannons/Vic Metro
Forward, 175cm
DOB: 7/03/2006

A dynamic forward who finds plenty of the footy, Kako is a member of Essendon’s Next Generation Academy. He featured in 11 games in the Coates Talent League this year, averaging 15.7 disposals and kicking 24 goals. The campaign was highlighted by a 22-disposal and 7-goal game against Northern Territory in round 4. Kako has great speed, is tough and works hard up the ground to provide an option for teammates. He was his usual lively self in the under-17 Futures game in September, gathering 14 disposals and kicking two goals to be one of the better players for Team Selwood.

Ricky Mentha​

Northern Territory Academy/Gippsland Power/NT
Forward, 179cm
DOB: 04/09/06

Originally from Alice Springs, Mentha moved to Morwell this year and quickly linked up with the Power. He started the Coates Talent League season as a deep forward playing closer to goal, before working his way up the ground in the second half of the year. Mentha’s speed and pressure are his strengths, while he is a beautiful kick of the footy and has great goal sense. A versatile prospect, Mentha also impressed in three games for Northern Territory at the under-16 national championships this year as a rebounding defender.

Kade Herbert​

Woodville-West Torrens/SA
Midfielder, 183cm
DOB: 3/04/06

After being so impressive as a bottom-age player in the SANFL under-18s in the first half of this year, Herbert was called up to the seniors for five games in the back end of the season and did not look out of place. He spent time playing on a wing and across half-forward for the Eagles and racked up 20 disposals, nine marks, four score assists and one goal in the final match of the season. Herbert’s versatility to play a range of roles is a clear strength, while he also has clean hands, great agility and good footy IQ.

All these long term deals and you just feel as a Fremantle fan, that there’s one player missing. Weird.

A small forward. Walters is on his potential retirement seasons. Schulz leaves and there’s hardly anything.

Have to jag a nugget and hope Emmett, Cooper to come along in that position.

Walker would be a great forward IMO. His pace would be perfect.

McDonald requesting a trade next season would make it all interesting.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Depends on what McDonald does in 2024 and where those 1sts fall.

My gut feel is 3 is too many unless they are literally 16, 17, 18 and McDonald kicks 50+
Agree, if one is a top 10 pick (hopefully not ours) then two of them should suffice for OOC McDonald, if all three are in the teens it could make things complicated.

Those 3 first rounders for McDonald most likely. Would you take it
I think if Treacy improves a bit and kicks 25 plus goals, then you are better off going two smalls and one outside mid with those picks.

I like Zurhaar as free agent as well, which will add a bit of size to our forward line, and an extra rotation in the midfield.

I think if Treacy improves a bit and kicks 25 plus goals, then you are better off going two smalls and one outside mid with those picks.

I like Zurhaar as free agent as well, which will add a bit of size to our forward line, and an extra rotation in the midfield.
Agree. If Treacy holds most of his marks in '24 which is his only real weakness (apart from maturity) he becomes a real weapon. Rather have 3 new first rounders in the door to replace oldies and the weaker depth including the Ballas/Walters I've been asking Walls for these past 2 years.

If McDonald kicks 50+ as a 22 year old and we get him for three late teen picks, that'll be the bargain of the century.
Would end up more expensive than Cameron unless stuff comes back and although he is younger I doubt he's ever as good.

Still, it would be an decent result.

So, McDonald and…?
I doubt we have to use all 3 1sts and if we did we'd get stuff back so use the highest couple of picks on small/mid forwards.

Would end up more expensive than Cameron unless stuff comes back and although he is younger I doubt he's ever as good.

Still, it would be an decent result.

I doubt we have to use all 3 1sts and if we did we'd get stuff back so use the highest couple of picks on small/mid forwards.
Cameron was 5 years older and had only kicked mid 20s in his last season with GWS. Plus he was a bargain anyway.

I'd grab my above scenario with both hands and not stop running.

We have despaired about not having good KPFs since Pav so if the chance to have possibly two of the best yongsters in the comp, for the next decade comes along, I'm not letting it pass.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 List Management thread - Trade Targets

Back