• Chad Warner

Votes: 178 66.4%
  • Charlie Curnow

Votes: 14 5.2%
  • Shai Bolton

Votes: 17 6.3%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

I think if Treacy improves a bit and kicks 25 plus goals, then you are better off going two smalls and one outside mid with those picks.

I like Zurhaar as free agent as well, which will add a bit of size to our forward line, and an extra rotation in the midfield.
Zuurhaar IMO would be the exact player to take Fremantle to another level. He’s what’s Fremantle need, and he would relish the group the club is building.

Cameron was 5 years older and had only kicked mid 20s in his last season with GWS. Plus he was a bargain anyway.

I'd grab my above scenario with both hands and not stop running.

We have despaired about not having good KPFs since Pav so if the chance to have possibly two of the best yongsters in the comp, for the next decade comes along, I'm not letting it pass.
Cameron is elite and even at his age is better than most of all forwards in the competition. Geelong getting him was priceless. You’d pay third firsts.

But for McDonald? Nah. He plays like Tabs at the moment. He really needs to be a beast one on one and develop a leap that makes him a pick 4.

It's fair to say the club is ALL IN on this playing group.

That is some serious long term planning based around some lengthy extensions now for Amiss, Serong, Darcy, Jackson, Walker, Chapman, Ryan, Young and Cox.

The only core guy that doesn't have a long-term deal is Brayshaw.

Clark?

McDonald would be nice but no need to sell the farm for. Treacy's only just turned 21, got through glandular fever and set to crack his 50th game this season. We've put the we work in and can see he's on the cusp of breaking out - why ruin that?

Jackson, Amiss and Treacy all compliment another so well, and with any luck will be our forward-line pillars for the next 10yrs. Would love to see us throw some of those draft resources to bring in either a game winning small forward such as Rachelle or Pickett or a premium big-body mid if Brodie isn't coming along and JOM/Fyfe aren't up to scratch. Those two areas would be our biggest weakness IMO.

Apart from age difference, the Cameron trade is more comparable with Jackson. Depending on how he goes next year McDonald isn't in the same category.

Perhaps. Could see Port dropping a few places….that could be handy for us

If we finish bottom ten I could see us giving up our first or a future first plus St Kilda’s second.

Keeping Port and Collingwood’s firsts could round out our forward line very well

Are there any gun small forwards or about to break out small forwards we could chase?

In or out of contract

GWS seem to have a few
Pickett locked away
Can't see Motlop coming back yet

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Are there any gun small forwards or about to break out small forwards we could chase?

In or out of contract

GWS seem to have a few
Pickett locked away

Would’ve have loved to pushed for Brockman more

Bobby Hill wasn’t keen on coming back either

In or out of contract

GWS seem to have a few
Pickett locked away

I personally think you are better off looking to draft someone (Malakai Champion if we want to play the "only WA" game is an exciting prospect but is unlikely to be Top 15 next year) or indeed wait and see how Cooper and Delean turn out but if you are really looking to inject some experience at the end of next year:
  • Charlie Cameron's contract comes up in 2025, he is 30 next year, the potential would be to overpay to trade for him end of next year which might be palatable to Brisbane depending on where / how they finish.
  • Dan Butler's contract comes up at the end of next year, but he hasn't really been performing any better than any of our fringe players TBH
  • Tyson Stengle's contract comes up at the end of 2024. Obviously has a bit of baggage but Geelong might not be up there contending and he is pretty young.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

McDonald would be nice but no need to sell the farm for. Treacy's only just turned 21, got through glandular fever and set to crack his 50th game this season. We've put the we work in and can see he's on the cusp of breaking out - why ruin that?

Jackson, Amiss and Treacy all compliment another so well, and with any luck will be our forward-line pillars for the next 10yrs. Would love to see us throw some of those draft resources to bring in either a game winning small forward such as Rachelle or Pickett or a premium big-body mid if Brodie isn't coming along and JOM/Fyfe aren't up to scratch. Those two areas would be our biggest weakness IMO.
Agree with this, but we have the luxury of waiting the next 12 months to see what our draft capital actually is and whether McDonald and Treacy can play.

In saying that, McDonald has shown a lot more than Treacy to date.

Would’ve have loved to pushed for Brockman more

Bobby Hill wasn’t keen on coming back either

Apparently we offered Brockman a 4 year deal - that's as far as I'm comfortable pushing for a bloke who's not guaranteed to be best 22. He obviously had closer ties to some of the Eagles boys and wanted a guaranteed spot as a key player in the 22

The one we should have gone for was Shai Bolton when he was OOC and gettable 2 years in

Apparently we offered Brockman a 4 year deal - that's as far as I'm comfortable pushing for a bloke who's not guaranteed to be best 22. He obviously had closer ties to some of the Eagles boys and wanted a guaranteed spot as a key player in the 22

The one we should have gone for was Shai Bolton when he was OOC and gettable 2 years in
Brockman is a colon Young client, doubt he even saw our offer, probably found out about it in the press after he’d signed.

I personally think you are better off looking to draft someone (Malakai Champion if we want to play the "only WA" game is an exciting prospect but is unlikely to be Top 15 next year) or indeed wait and see how Cooper and Delean turn out but if you are really looking to inject some experience at the end of next year:
  • Charlie Cameron's contract comes up in 2025, he is 30 next year, the potential would be to overpay to trade for him end of next year which might be palatable to Brisbane depending on where / how they finish.
  • Dan Butler's contract comes up at the end of next year, but he hasn't really been performing any better than any of our fringe players TBH
  • Tyson Stengle's contract comes up at the end of 2024. Obviously has a bit of baggage but Geelong might not be up there contending and he is pretty young.

I'm just throwing this out there for the sake of controversy. I think Liam Ryan is only signed up till the end of 2024.

expecting to be playing for the Casuarina Crooks against the Acacia Assassins???

I guess you're alluding to some past misdemeanors. (The car prang into a tree in 2018 followed by an investigation into an alleged domestic violence incident. A video he posted of himself side car surfing dangerously somewhere in the bush before the club officials told him to delete it. How much more don't we know?).

Will he be a player with a relatively short 6 year AFL timespan, which will be the case if he doesn't regain form in 2024, or if he goes OK, could he as a 28yo fit into a club with an emerging list of young talent as a senior experienced player.

He had a terrible 2023 season playing only in the first 3 games, so injury is one risk, and overriding that is whether he's the right cultural fit for our team in terms of attitude.

I was just looking at his overall numbers and they are surprisingly average for goals - 30 being his best season in 2019 (from 24 games). Career average of 1.38 goals per game, and not a big possession winner either at just over 11 per game - never had more than 18 disposals in a game.

He seems more dangerous than the statistics reveal with his speed up the ground and ability to take contested marks. I don't feel like playing devil's advocate all the way, but our forward line doesn't need some more ordinary small forwards, we're looking for someone who is a nightmare match-up for defenders.

Back