• Pickett, Bolton

Votes: 63 16.8%
  • Pickett, Warner, Winder and Richards

Votes: 4 1.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Another Irish trial player.

I like that we are giving it a go to trial some Irish boys, they are usually as hard as a cats head.

This boy has a good side step and looks to have pace as well, dare I say it he looks like a small forward.

Good Luck to both Eoin and Ultan in their trials.

Eoin is number 21 in the video below.

Last edited:

Currently watching the bigfooty mock draft and it’s insane how deep and varied this draft is, can easily see our Saints pick being traded for a contending teams F1 because someone they really like is still on the board, initially I thought we’d have to add our F2 (we still might depending on who the club is and where they project to finish next year) but I can see another great deathride coming up next year!

Bit random but Freo and west coast really should trade with each other more. A player leaves a Melbourne based club and goes to another one because they want opportunity and a better fit without uprooting their lives.

Look at ginivan, Treloar yesterday both massive performances in huge upsets moved between Melbourne clubs. We could do with a Liam Ryan or Yeo at our stage. Eagles could do with an Erasmus.

Perth teams already heavily disadvantaged with travel and player recruitment, why add to that. Call me a heathen but I could cheer for almost any player if they donned purple other than prob jack darling.

#22 Harvey Langford (Dandenong Stingrays)
Midfielder | 190cm | 15/03/2006

Stats:
19 disposals, 6 marks, 5 clearances, 1 goal

Now a Larke Medallist and state MVP, Langford closed out his outstanding representative campaign with another strong showing. He popped in the final quarter with a massive mark and goal, which is something he does prolifically at Coates Talent League level. Otherwise, the rising prospect started in midfield and had a busy start, proving strong on the inside and working into good space on the spread. He also locked horns with Smillie in a battle of the midfield titans

Bit random but Freo and west coast really should trade with each other more. A player leaves a Melbourne based club and goes to another one because they want opportunity and a better fit without uprooting their lives.

Look at ginivan, Treloar yesterday both massive performances in huge upsets moved between Melbourne clubs. We could do with a Liam Ryan or Yeo at our stage. Eagles could do with an Erasmus.

Perth teams already heavily disadvantaged with travel and player recruitment, why add to that. Call me a heathen but I could cheer for almost any player if they donned purple other than prob jack darling.
Wouldn't support either Gaff or Liam Ryan tbh. I'd go as far to say I'd boo them if they played for us.

We don’t want Ryan or yeo, and we definitely don’t want to give up Erasmus he will probably be Fyfe replacement

We don’t want Ryan or yeo, and we definitely don’t want to give up Erasmus he will probably be Fyfe replacement
I'm not going to write off Ras because he is young but at this stage I don't rate him at all. Just a very bland player with no weapons. I would trade him because he might thrive in another environment.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm not going to write off Ras because he is young but at this stage I don't rate him at all. Just a very bland player with no weapons. I would trade him because he might thrive in another environment.

Not much point trading him. He has little value and the most we would get is a pick upgrade of a couple of spots. Look at the Stephens trade to North. The rough equivalent to WC would be Erasmus plus Saints pick for WC future second and a late junk pick.

His defensive efforts were woeful today but he knows how to kick them. Very frustrating to watch because he can be so much more damaging then what he is currently.
I feel Sturt get a lot of the ball on the forward flank, not that he ever gets that much but he is another with the potential to have some good delivery inside 50.

Just quietly Young is pretty enjoyable this year, that guy surely has a very high ceiling.

His defensive efforts were woeful today but he knows how to kick them. Very frustrating to watch because he can be so much more damaging then what he is currently.
He had more pressure acts than Walters, Banfield and Frederick.

I'd much rather someone like him with inconsistent defensive effort that can put scores on the board than Emmett who will pressure like their life depends on it but struggle to kick a goal a game.

He had more pressure acts than Walters, Banfield and Frederick.

I'd much rather someone like him with inconsistent defensive effort that can put scores on the board than Emmett who will pressure like their life depends on it but struggle to kick a goal a game.
Don't be fooled by those statistics. If I was rebounding I would have targeed Sturt because his defensive efforts were half assed. He also backed out of contests today. I'm being harsh on him cause I want Sturt to get another contract.

There is no chance we're delisting Sturt. The only concern is him getting a better offer.
He is inconsistent and injury prone. We have delisted players for similar reasons before. If he doesn't have the drive and work ethic I would hesitate to re-sign him. Hopefully he puts in the work behind the scenes.

He is inconsistent and injury prone. We have delisted players for similar reasons before. If he doesn't have the drive and work ethic I would hesitate to re-sign him. Hopefully he puts in the work behind the scenes.
No way JL would pick him if he wasn't doing that.

The evidence for that is clear as day given he's literally called Sturt out multiple times in the past for intensity and whatnot.

I thought his defensive efforts were fantastic today as he nullified two key ball users off half back rotating on Salem and McVee who can be damaging with ball in hand. I think Sturt's workrate has been terrific since coming into the team. Eg. In the third quarter today he did a ton of unrewarded running up to the wings that freed up space for others to lead into.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 List Management thread - Trade Targets

Back